twin turbo

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• twin turbo

i am wanting to know i fi can take two single turbos and make my car a twin turbo any info would be great

hit me up on AIM

Comment

Interesting concept. Post back here if you two figure anything out.

Comment

ACD if it was a camaro..no problem...he wants it on a saturn...it can be done..but not worth the money

Comment

If its an 88 Camaro (aka gen 1 block), then your best bet is getting a set of Gale Banks TT manifolds. These will mount any T04 series turbo. Banks made the manifolds back in the 80's, and they've been discontinued for a very long time. I waited years before getting my hands on a set (just got em like a couple weeks ago) but these aren't for my drifting Camaros. I'm building a top end 377 TT setup for my 91 Z28 with the new HKS T04Z series of turbo's. I've also recently heard that Banks started making manifolds again, so it might be worth your while to contact Gale Banks (it wont be on their website). Other than that, next best options is to find the guy on Ebay selling his own log style manifolds, or making your own log style manifolds (or having a local fabrication shop make them). The only difference between single and twin (aside from the ammount of turbos of course) is that the single setup will have to use a crossover pipe (usually under the engine) and for the twin setup you will need two downpipes (which means guarantee you gotta ditch some accessories). Its definately do-able.

Comment

likei said if it was the camaro it would be easy...
            but the kid wants it ona saturn and a SOHC saturn at that...not worth the money IMHO

Comment

Re: twin turbo

Originally posted by 1988camaro
              i am wanting to know i fi can take two single turbos and make my car a twin turbo any info would be great
              You can do anything money can buy.=)

Comment

I got excited until I read..
                Originally posted by driftfreak
                he wants it on a saturn

Comment

twin turbo saturns are the heat!!!!

wait, i was thinking twin turbo supras.
                  1 turbo might be ok, tuned the right way, like a t25 or lower.
                  a guy did a metro, so why not?
                  Attached Files

Comment

Man, that is one small pipe!

-MR

Comment

prolly using something like a TD04 like what my friend bought for his AW11. heheh. cute lil thing. bout as big as your fist clinched. inlet is around 1". Heheh. spools to 11/13psi to redline though, starting at around 1500/2k!

Comment

Pretty cool pic ST. There are definitely a group of FF domestic guys that wanna beat the Civics at their own game. HOTROD magazine featured a 650hp Quad 4 powered Sunfire. Talk about a sleeper. I'm still trying to figure out if it was actually that fast. Not to mention the guys out there in 2.4T Plymouth Dusters/Dodge Shadows. Remember that van the beats the Camaro? It's got a 2.4T. Best part about those motors is that they make great junkyard powerhouses! Can't forget the 2.3T in the SVO and Turbo Coupe. These guys can make 400hp with a ported stock exhaust manifold!

Comment

Working...
                        X