X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• AUTOBLOG Article on FORMULA D

http://www.autoblog.com/2009/07/22/f...deways-primer/

In the article, the author writes...

"Even the composition of the judging panel has its detractors. Chris Forsberg is a senior member of a team called Drift Alliance, and it also happens that one of the Formula Drift judges, Tony Angelo, is a senior member of Drift Alliance. So are Formula D drivers Vaughn Gittin, Jr. and Ryan Tuerck. Forsberg entered round four in third place and left in the lead in the Formula D standings; Tuerck started and finished in second, Gittin, Jr. gained a place, moving from fifth to fourth. That puts three of the four senior Formula Alliance members in the top four places of the standings – the fourth member of the Alliance being a Formula D judge.

That isn't necessarily a smoking gun. But it is difficult to plead true impartiality when a team member is judging other team members in close situations. It was also telling that no one we spoke to would go on the record when discussing issues like this in Formula D. They couldn't risk it – judges, unlike clocks, read and remember things."

...anyone agree?

Hhhmmmm...DA has been putting it down at the events but to be honest I dont doubt that Tony Angelo has been looking out for his boys in DA. I think hes really trying to be legit but at the same time looking out for DA. Hell if I was a judge and one of my boys was competing I can tell you right now that I would try to give my boy better score than the other guy. Of course I wouldnt make it to obvious.

Comment

I'm sure FD considered the possible "conflicts of interest" prior to making Tony Angelo a judge. Drift Alliance has been kicking *Censored**Censored**Censored* all year on its own merits, without the aid of Tony's judging assistance. wink wink....

Comment

yeah DA has been owning even without Tony's alleged "help"

Comment

agreed. So where do you all think this Autoblog author got his opinions planted? It seems like he was hanging out with a Viper a lot.

Comment

It is obvious that Tony Angelo is a DA member. It is also obvious that individuals will make the assumption that Tony Angelo could possibly lean his judging towards DA members .............................BUT in my opinion I think Tony Angelo would not do such a thing based on ethics. He would lose all credibility if he did. IN FACT, he helped revolutionize how judging is done this year. Tony Angelo is an influential individual in the Drift community and for him to risk his credibility in a sport he loves dearly and helped establish domestically would be ludicrous if not damaging to his career in Drifting. Tony has heart for Drifting and would not risk any controversy considering he represents Formula D. People in the drift community would see right through this. It is wreckless for his career to judge in favor of DA members.

In addition, Formula Drift has taken the sport of Drifting above and beyond. Domestically and abroad. They are still growing the sport to this day. With a company as successful as Formula D based on what they have accomplished, one would assume that they have made some very INTELLIGENT decisions to bring the sport of Drifting to where it is today. With that statement at hand, Formula Drift made an intelligent descision to bring Tony Angelo to the judging table.........knowing the good and the bad. Formula Drift knew Tony could bring a lot to the table and make the judging even better as a FD judge.

Nevertheless, in my opinion I think Formula Drift made a good decision in bringing in Tony Angelo. I think Tony Angelo is doing his very best to make sure judging in FD is the best in the world........................most of all for the sake of DRIFTING.

I could be wrong, but this is just my 2 cents.

Ron B.

Comment

I agree 100% with Mr. Ron B.

Comment

Tony Angelo is his favorite judge. My favorite judge is ERNIE FIXMER! <3 ;-) hahahahaha...

Comment

33% of a judging panel does not a majority make.

Comment

...okay, quick! Who's gonna love Andy? I <3 Andy too.

Comment

...okay, so again, where did this Autoblog author get his opinions swayed at? It wasn't at my camp.

Comment

Originally posted by courantcom View Post
                        Tony Angelo is his favorite judge. My favorite judge is ERNIE FIXMER! <3 ;-) hahahahaha...
                        you mean mr one-more-time ?

Comment

Whys is autoblog so late on drifting

Comment posted on blog

you mean mr one-more-time ?
                          oh lord dont even remind me!!!!

And that now Bergenholtz is back on there. Please for the love of god run the same kit Mad Mike is running in NZ. Paint the car in your teams traditional colors on white TE37s.
                          Last edited by Bebop; 07-22-2009, 03:32 PM.

Comment

In all fairness,

All the judges kick *Censored**Censored**Censored*.

All the judges are all drivers of drift.

All the judges competed one way or another competitively in FD or D1.

All the judges know what is possible on a course and what is not.

All the judges are funnier than hell. (Ernie's kinda quiet but I bet with a few drinks he could be funnier than hell.)

Comment

I know. This is just for 2009. Gotta promote Mazda's 2009 R3 RX8. I could not agree with you any more. Definately:

1. Kick *Censored**Censored**Censored* body kit (slammed of course)

2. Paint scheme

3. Gotta get my sponsors back and rock 5AD wheels.

Comment

Working...
                              X