PDA

View Full Version : (10 FREE TICKETS) FORMULA D "IRWINDALE" October 16th - 17th 2009

INFO
07-27-2009, 12:10 AM
FORMULA DRIFT IRWINDALE October 16th - 17th 2009

Please tell us why you deserve a free ticket.

Sakesoba
07-27-2009, 02:44 AM
Drifting.com is probably the only thread I follow up on a daily basis. I believe that communication and understanding within the sport can help achieve a wide spread audience. So far, it is working.
My avatar is from a pic with Ken Gushi at Irwindale. While waiting to take the pic, a lady was waiting with her ~10('ish) year old son in front of me. I waited patiently behind her (even though I arrived first) and right when it was her turn she said to me in a firm voice, "Excuse me, my son is before you."
That bothered me. I have seen this sport grow from its infancy (or at least in America) to what it is today. I deserve more than just standing back and letting the Brady bunch (or any typical family) take the place of where I am today in drifting.
Or do I?
I didn't comment back to the lady. I respectfully gestured for them to go ahead. Take my place. This 10 year old kid could love drifting just as much as I do. He could grow up and be the next World Champ and make it his career.

*If you don't buy my story, then at least know that I paid $5 at D1 Anaheim for a bottled water. I'll take any sympathy I can get.

Please give me free tickets (x2) if possible. I am going to this event one way or another. And that kid better hope that his mom doesn't cut in front of me again or I'll pawn their a$$es! (j/k)..but seriously, the story is true. And I do respect any fan who loves drifting just as much as I do.

Double M Star
08-10-2009, 11:34 AM
Well, here we go....

My inlaws live mere minutes from that track.

It would give me a great excuse to take the wife home to visit them and give me an even better excuse to leave her there for the day. :eek:

Har Har Har!

If you could pair it up for me, I could take a friend...;)

INFO
08-10-2009, 11:42 AM
to everyone else,

please apply ASAP, Irwindale Tickets ALWAYS taken up fast

Bebop
08-10-2009, 11:54 AM
You know I'm locked and loaded for this one.

gigglesnirt
08-10-2009, 12:44 PM
I'll take a ticket, two for sure if it's possible.

I'll be driving from Utah as always, probably just straight there, see the event, and leave right after. Shenanigans will happen as always, the car will probably break down, all that usual road trip stuff really.

KyShro
08-10-2009, 01:45 PM
My girlfriend just got back home from Korea. She has never been to a drifting event before (or even so cal for that matter) but I know once she goes she will become a drift fanatic like me! It would be fun for the two of us to go together.

Shadowhuntr
08-10-2009, 02:51 PM
I have been trying to get registered with this site for about 6 months now but for some reason it would not let me, finally it works! I have missed out on all the other free ticket offers you guys have had and would really like to go to Formula drift for the first time I went to D1gp in Anaheim and was dissapointed. I would like to see what a real drift even should be like. Please please pick me,I think going to Formula D is the last thing to keep my sanity.

markyd0s
08-10-2009, 06:35 PM
Check it out by the time FD hits "THE HOUSE OF DRIFT" i should have paid off my speeding ticket i got in 2004 that i just found out i had. The ticket is/was $1200. So hooking me up a with a pair of tickets would be freaking awesome. Free tickets or not im still ganna be at irwindale but i rather use the $60(ticket money) to buy food, beer and of course some Drifting.com t-shirts :D

INFO
08-10-2009, 06:52 PM
Check it out by the time FD hits "THE HOUSE OF DRIFT" i should have paid off my speeding ticket i got in 2004 that i just found out i had. The ticket is/was $1200. So hooking me up a with a pair of tickets would be freaking awesome. Free tickets or not im still ganna be at irwindale but i rather use the $60(ticket money) to buy food, beer and of course some Drifting.com t-shirts :D

We should get you down for at least 1 ticket.

markyd0s
08-10-2009, 06:55 PM
For each ticket i get thats how many shirts im buying. hahahahaha. j/k im still buying at least 2 shirts.

stedriftward
08-10-2009, 10:12 PM
My dad came all the way out from North Carolina for round 1 and I let him know about this contest on drifting.com ( talk to him almost everyday about the latest on here ) He told me if I win some tickets he'll come out for the final! It would be really awesome for him to see Irwindale in the flesh and a great way for him to wrap up the season after seeing the first round. Help a family bond:D

M3
08-11-2009, 01:02 PM
I havent been at any drifting event and I'm from Indonesia and living in town.

markyd0s
08-22-2009, 01:40 AM
So am I getting a pair or what? Theres only a hand full of people that want tickets. Im kinda surprised more people dont want FREE tickets.

OldSkool510
08-22-2009, 06:54 AM
Count me in for 2 also. The HOUSE of DRIFT is going to have its roof set on fire this year.

Hach1r0k1d03
08-22-2009, 01:48 PM
i want tickets! ill post my "why i deserve it" ASAP

INFO
08-23-2009, 10:26 AM
So am I getting a pair or what? Theres only a hand full of people that want tickets. Im kinda surprised more people dont want FREE tickets.

several have called in for them so there is no way that we will enough tickets for everyone

markyd0s
08-23-2009, 09:21 PM
several have called in for them so there is no way that we will enough tickets for everyone

As long as I get a ticket ill be one happy camper :D

Bebop
08-23-2009, 11:02 PM
<-------is willing too stop posting for 1 month for a ticket

After the season is over.

eastbaybob
08-24-2009, 11:25 AM
What is it with the one-liner "I just want tickets" thing?

I'm 48 years old and drive American muscle every day to work, but my 17 year old got me into drifting last year when we went to D1 in Sonoma. I was completely hooked. I helped my son buy a 1991 240SX with Silvia conversion, SR20DET, 5 speed and LSD and he flipped it after 9 months. He's 100% OK. It took 6 months, but I talked my wife into letting him look for another 240SX (he was headed for a Volvo 240 DL for sure) - we're looking now. We went to D1 in Sonoma this year with my wife and 5 year old daughter and had a complete blast.

I'm a car guy - I'm restoring a 64 Impala, drive a 2000 Camaro SS, and now I'm yearning for a S14 with a LS1 conversion. I want to convince my wife to let me take my son down to Irwindale, and how could she say no to free tickets. Besides, I deserve the tickets for me for being a dad that wrenched more on my son's car than he did. I am so hooked that my son's interest is almost completely secondary.

Please let me have a pair of tickets. I could use four and take my wife and daughter, but two woudl be sweet.

Thanks,

EastBayBob

INFO
08-24-2009, 03:32 PM

thanks for pointing this out
one-liners will not work when we are being hit with this many ticket requests

tougekids
08-24-2009, 10:58 PM
The first time I heard about drifting was in initial d around 8th grade I tought it was the coolest thing in this world! Later on one of my moms best friends son told me and explained to me how drifting works and how he new how to drift and he will go out in the canyons around 2 &3 in the morning to this secret spot that he new about were people gather and all showed up with the sickest cars and everyone just into drifting! I told him take me PLEASE He said when your older around 16 years old (I was like 13 at the time) to this day he hasent taken me! He did let me borrow a DVD called drifting 101 with keiichi tsyushia back then when he told me and that's what got me into it even more and I started watching his drift bible DVD on YouTube and many other videos! Sense then I've been hooked on drifting and cars! That's all I would talk about in school and how I would say that I was gonna drift when I got my car! I annoyed the heck out of people but, they All thing I'm crazy up to this point and that I'm never Gonna drift or even see a car drift but, I know that deep in my heart I am! But it's just gonna take time! Now I'm 16 1/2 and I've been saving up money to get my self a 240sx wich is my second favorite car but right now it's my 1 cause it's a car I can afford and it looks so cool and I love how many things you can do to it and the many parts! But, to get to the point I will love to get two ticket one for me and one for my best friend so I can finally be there in the stance cheering and screaming and witnessing with my own eyes the beautifull art of drifting for the first time and not in videos anymore! And for my dream to come true and to make another step forward into proving everyone wrong and making my dream come true into becoming a drifter and in what I love! Plus, I know you now! And I'm gonna be one of your future workers hopefully in the future when I get my transportation from my 240sx and if I get hired ! THANK YOU!

Ureshii Temanes
08-25-2009, 01:21 AM
I deserve a free ticket because i dump all of my money into my car so that id be able to enjoy this motorsport and i have no money left over to buy one.. =[
I think its great drifting.com gives an opportunity for guys like me to to get a free ticket to an awesome event like formula d.

OldSkool510
08-25-2009, 07:49 AM

Give me some damn tickets!!!!!!! lol

Double M Star
08-26-2009, 01:30 PM
Well, here we go....

My inlaws live mere minutes from that track.

It would give me a great excuse to take the wife home to visit them and give me an even better excuse to leave her there for the day. :eek:

Har Har Har!

If you could pair it up for me, I could take a friend...;)

If it's a pair.. I'll take my....
Father-in-law.....

:eek:

eomund240
08-26-2009, 02:36 PM
Not really looking for free anything. But I just made a realisation. I have been to every single major drifting event ever held in LA, and almost every single event held in California period.

9987654321mike
08-27-2009, 10:04 AM
I deserve a Ticket because I've never been to any drifting event! And I'm bearly getting introduced to drifting
In general! Thanks to my friend Erick!!
He's been telling me how cool this stuff is and telling me all about cars, drifting, and formula d! I already love cars but he's showing me the DRIFTING side of it all! I've been getting more and more interested about it and I'm kinda loving it now! I really want a ticket so I can be next to my best friend Erick and we can both enjoy and have a blast at formula d irwindale for the fist time and the many more to come!And so I can save the ticket money to by myself some drifting shirts instead!!!

Sakesoba
09-01-2009, 09:40 PM
Did I mention that my daily driven S14 has Tein Super Drift Coilovers?

Rough ride on the way to work?
Maybe...

Drift fan, driving through canyon roads from San Bernardino, Ca to Moreno Valley, Ca ?
Definately

INFO
09-02-2009, 12:34 PM
please keep posting

these are the MOST demanded tickets of the year

Shadowhuntr
09-02-2009, 04:40 PM
Bought myself one. Since I guess my reply was not awesome enough.

INFO
09-04-2009, 12:59 AM
Drifting.com is probably the only thread I follow up on a daily basis. I believe that communication and understanding within the sport can help achieve a wide spread audience. So far, it is working.
My avatar is from a pic with Ken Gushi at Irwindale. While waiting to take the pic, a lady was waiting with her ~10('ish) year old son in front of me. I waited patiently behind her (even though I arrived first) and right when it was her turn she said to me in a firm voice, "Excuse me, my son is before you."
That bothered me. I have seen this sport grow from its infancy (or at least in America) to what it is today. I deserve more than just standing back and letting the Brady bunch (or any typical family) take the place of where I am today in drifting.
Or do I?
I didn't comment back to the lady. I respectfully gestured for them to go ahead. Take my place. This 10 year old kid could love drifting just as much as I do. He could grow up and be the next World Champ and make it his career.

*If you don't buy my story, then at least know that I paid $5 at D1 Anaheim for a bottled water. I'll take any sympathy I can get.

Please give me free tickets (x2) if possible. I am going to this event one way or another. And that kid better hope that his mom doesn't cut in front of me again or I'll pawn their a$$es! (j/k)..but seriously, the story is true. And I do respect any fan who loves drifting just as much as I do.

please PM your FULL NAME

INFO
09-04-2009, 01:01 AM
The first time I heard about drifting was in initial d around 8th grade I tought it was the coolest thing in this world! Later on one of my moms best friends son told me and explained to me how drifting works and how he new how to drift and he will go out in the canyons around 2 &3 in the morning to this secret spot that he new about were people gather and all showed up with the sickest cars and everyone just into drifting! I told him take me PLEASE He said when your older around 16 years old (I was like 13 at the time) to this day he hasent taken me! He did let me borrow a DVD called drifting 101 with keiichi tsyushia back then when he told me and that's what got me into it even more and I started watching his drift bible DVD on YouTube and many other videos! Sense then I've been hooked on drifting and cars! That's all I would talk about in school and how I would say that I was gonna drift when I got my car! I annoyed the heck out of people but, they All thing I'm crazy up to this point and that I'm never Gonna drift or even see a car drift but, I know that deep in my heart I am! But it's just gonna take time! Now I'm 16 1/2 and I've been saving up money to get my self a 240sx wich is my second favorite car but right now it's my 1 cause it's a car I can afford and it looks so cool and I love how many things you can do to it and the many parts! But, to get to the point I will love to get two ticket one for me and one for my best friend so I can finally be there in the stance cheering and screaming and witnessing with my own eyes the beautifull art of drifting for the first time and not in videos anymore! And for my dream to come true and to make another step forward into proving everyone wrong and making my dream come true into becoming a drifter and in what I love! Plus, I know you now! And I'm gonna be one of your future workers hopefully in the future when I get my transportation from my 240sx and if I get hired ! THANK YOU!

please PM your FULL NAME

Sakesoba
09-04-2009, 01:04 AM
I've been awake since 5:30am this morning, worked a 12 hour shift (most of it standing/walking). I took two pills of Nyquil, two hours ago, cause I'm getting over a cold ....
It's now 1am
and I still need my drifting.com fix! :eek:

9987654321mike
09-04-2009, 11:01 AM
when will you post who won the tickets.

INFO
09-04-2009, 11:08 AM
when will you post who won the tickets.

around early Oct.

we do not have enough tickets so this will give everyone more time to step up their response

marcobleedsblue
09-05-2009, 09:21 AM
this is gana be my first time going to formula d! i know its gana be sickk!! any thing that has to do with cars gets my attention im really lookin forward to it!

INFO
09-06-2009, 01:48 PM
You know I'm locked and loaded for this one.

Please PM your full name to "contest" and write about what you are looking forward to at this event

markyd0s
09-07-2009, 11:19 AM
I just took a peep at the FD website to check reserve seating availability and theres basically nothing left. Im almost tempted to buy tickets just so I can guarentee myself a seat at the House of Drift. Come on drifting.com dont do me dirty hook a brother up.

INFO
09-07-2009, 11:39 AM
I just took a peep at the FD website to check reserve seating availability and theres basically nothing left. Im almost tempted to buy tickets just so I can guarentee myself a seat at the House of Drift. Come on drifting.com dont do me dirty hook a brother up.

ok! PM your full name to "contest"

we are VERY LOW on tickets so please write a few paragraphs about why you want to attend this event so much

Bebop
09-07-2009, 12:37 PM
Look at these points standing mates

http://www.formulad.com/IMAGES/DRIVER_THUMBS/chris-forsberg_nm.jpg
#1 Chris Forsberg
Good ole Drift Alliance bro, running his own team. Helping out smaller teams. From day zero supporting the cause in it to win it. Plus this dude has a zillion tattoos , CD player in his car, and a beard. You cannot go wrong at all.

http://www.formulad.com/IMAGES/DRIVER_THUMBS/ryan-tuerck_nm.jpg
#2 Ryan Tuerck
Another DA good ole boy bringing the heat since 05 when he was in a stockish S13. Hooked up with a Drag Race team showing bringing diversity too the field. Not too mention these guys still don't have the crazy amount of sponsors other teams currently have. Plus, if you really talk to him sometimes you can hear his gnarl Hampshire accent.

http://www.formulad.com/IMAGES/DRIVER_THUMBS/vaughn-gittin-jr_nm.jpg
#3 Vaugh Gittin JR!!!
One of my personal heroes and one of the hardest hitting guys to ever run any drift series. Top dog on the falken roster no if ands or butts! Its only right the highest ranking factory backed driver is a born and bread DRIFT RACER! ECDA, american man, driving american car for americans!!!

http://www.formulad.com/IMAGES/DRIVER_THUMBS/samuel-hubinette_hv.jpg
#4 Samuel Hubinette
Nurfomz Mopar SRT10 Crazy Swede blah blah blah blah blah ok lets cut the crap. Every time I hear this car on the track my brain cells drop and my sperm cells go bad on my scrotum. Please for the love of god someone beat this guy. 10 bucks personally from me for anyone who takes him out in the top 32 or top 16. Don't let this driver ruin our weekend!!!

markyd0s
09-07-2009, 02:49 PM
So last year was my first time at The House of Drift. I've been to FD Long Beach & FD Las Vegas before. Just driving up to Irwindale was very excting in itself cause I didn't know what to expect. As soon as we reached Irwindale I was shocked and awed by the track :eek: . I saw the bleachers and I was thinking to myself :confused: that theres no way this is ganna fill up(little did I know back then). So as Im standing there in amazement I hear the engines turn on and screeching tires.Here I am staring at the track and I see cars doing some pratice runs.
http://i109.photobucket.com/albums/n76/markyd0s/IMG_0192.jpg

http://i109.photobucket.com/albums/n76/markyd0s/IMG_0194.jpg

http://i109.photobucket.com/albums/n76/markyd0s/IMG_0199.jpg

http://i109.photobucket.com/albums/n76/markyd0s/IMG_0327.jpg

http://i109.photobucket.com/albums/n76/markyd0s/IMG_0313.jpg

http://i109.photobucket.com/albums/n76/markyd0s/IMG_0256.jpg

I had fun hanging out with friends checking out some the sickes tandem battles. By the way Tanner Foust Vs Justin Pawlak was my favorite battle. Im sure most of you guys saw it or heard about it. All the fans in the bleachers where all into it cheering, stomping, and condom ballons(if you were there you would know). The energy the fans put out there is intense im sure the drivers feel that and gets them wild up. You could also walk around the and check out the pitts, sexy models, drifting.com booth and cars. Theres plenty to do and see at Irwindale. If you havent been out there I suggest you come down make some happy memories and enjoy The House of Drift. I know I did. :D

http://i109.photobucket.com/albums/n76/markyd0s/IMG_0356.jpg

INFO
09-07-2009, 04:35 PM
thanks for stepping up the responses

Ureshii Temanes
09-08-2009, 11:39 AM
the first time i saw drifting on a closed course was in 2004 at Irwindale Speedway, i saved up for a month straight (i diddnet have a job at the time) for 2 tickets and gas money to get my friends and i to irwindale.
i sat in the grandstands watching practice that day studying how the drivers warm up and get the feel for the course and at one point tears came out of my eyes,i dont know if it was the rubber in the air or my emotions getting the best of me but i feel that day changed my life.since then ive ben hell bent on building my own project car so id be able to go out and enjoy drifting
just recently I got my project car or "track" car good enough to drive but its ben a struggle, my wallet and i have ben suffering since then and it would really help out if i got a free ticket (or two)
and if it helps at all ,Drifting.com is my homepage on my personal computer so i check up on this site almost daily =]

Double M Star
09-09-2009, 10:03 AM
Oh how I'd like to be there.

But, I'll be out of the country. Vacation.

Do give the tickets to first timers as they would probably be the best people to experience Irwindale, FD Finals.

9987654321mike
09-09-2009, 04:08 PM
Stepping up my response:

I've never been to any Formula D, drift event! I would really love to go! It's my dream to go! I wanna go meet the Pro Drifters and watch them in action!
Be with the crazy fans, who love drifting as much as i do! Also, get to see all the amazingly build drifting cars! Were you can go see only the best there is! It's unreal! I just want to see those cars go sideways! I want to inhale that crazy smoke of burned rubber and see drifting!!! I've been really anxious to go but I've been waiting to go cause, where Formula D is hosted, is always far away from were i live! And now finally it's at Irwindale and that's close to
were i live and this is the change for me to go I would not want to wait, at all another 356 daystill i get another chance to go and that's even if it's hosted there next year so hopefully you guys can PLEASE hook me up for only one ticket to Formula D at Irwindale Thanks Alottttt!!!

EFGiggles
09-12-2009, 06:49 PM
Why i deserve a free ticket (maybe even TWO... haha)
Well, well do i start? I've been into cars since i was like 9!
At first my fave car was the '98 Porsche Carrera... then I got
into muscle cars! It was go big or go home for me. My fave
saying was "if you want more inches, stroke it!" haha, then in
these recent years i guess you could say i got bit by the tuner bug...
I was fascinated by these 4 cylinders that have so much potential,
something i did not see before, i actually started (don't laugh...)
by watching guys and later on joining them when they played initial D.
It was pretty awesome, i met some pretty cool guys that would
work on their cars every day, modifying them, doing motor swaps,
it was sooo awesome to see how far they got. When i finally got
my car last year i was able to go hit up the canyons with them.
i was scared and nervous at first, but soon i was keeping up
with them, getting better and faster everytime i went up. my car
looks like a beater, but with me behind the wheel ( ;) ) its pretty
impressive! I had never actually seen Pro's drifting til earlier this year,
my friends took me to D1 to see one of the guys they knew from
school run, and i have to admit i have never experienced anything
like what i felt that day! My heart was beating fast when i heard the
screeching tires and the cheering crowds. My new favorite sound is
the sound of an engine red lining as the car is in the middle of a
drift... oh man! (i have a big cheesy smile as i write this...)
I am now a fan of all kinds of cars, but i have a special appreciation
for these drifters, i admire their skill and the control they have of
their cars, for now i admire from the seats outside the track,
but i hope that one day i will get to experience all that from the
driver's seat (cuz we gotta get some girls drifting in Formula D!).
please take in to consideration that i am using my neighbor's (from
2 blocks down) unlocked wi-fi to post this with my iPod... and would
really appreciate a free ticket...specially to this particular event at the iconic "House of Drift", where drifting got its
kickstart as a sport in the U.S.
i will sport any shirt of yours that you want me to!

INFO
09-15-2009, 09:47 AM
This contest will close in about 2 weeks

RiceKid
09-15-2009, 07:13 PM
ive been into drifting since 2003, but i still dont have initial d stickers on my car,

I used to drive my 240 at drift days
right now I am working on a starlet with a KA.. just need to get the motor in so I can drift it

my dream is to be a night kid one day! JK kidding...

i went to irwindale last year and i had fun, went with a bunch of friends
best part was watching the crashes and seeing the tire smoke
going to these events inspires me to build cars and drift

i went to d1 this year, but did not go to FD long beach i need my FD fix for the year

i am going with a group and it would be great if you put me down for one ticket

Shake and bake!!! see you guys there!! rice kid 4 life!

iamjapanman
09-15-2009, 08:48 PM
Hi, I'm a student University of California, Irvine and I am in a club called Imports@UCI. I want these free tickets because I want to take my fellow club members to this event. I have about 10 people who are willing to go and they are very big fans of Ken Gushi. We've all been to Red Bull Formula D in Long Beach last year, but unfortunately Ken didn't race that round. I want to see Ken Gushi race and I know for sure that my friends will too. Please consider giving me those free tickets.

Thank you.

dozer
09-16-2009, 04:44 PM
hey whats up

i was wondering if you guys can hook it up with 2 tickets for both me and my girlfriend, ive been attending FD for over 2 years now and have not missed an event here in socal for the passed 2 years, i would be really cool if we can go out and represent drifting.com. This will be my GF's second event as she has barely discovered what its REALLY about, also as of recent she's became a real ROTORHEAD, i even bought her the rotary shirt from drifting.com so she can sport.Ive been driving an RX8 for almost 3 years now and i am currently a regular over on the RX8CLUB.COM with almost 5k post, most of it due to the fact that i like going out and meeting new rotor heads that are new the import scene and showin the new kids what its all about.I was also referred to this site by a local and a current forum member ZUMNRX8. So if you guys decide to give me the tickets, it will be HIGHLY appreciated, and i will forever talk highly about drifting.com and its affiliates not only to my friends but on the rx8club.com and to all its members.

ZumnRX8
09-16-2009, 05:02 PM
HELLO DRIFTING.com!!!

HOWS it going! I remember when you were giving tickets to SPOCOM, and it was GREAT!! Thank YOU! I am so much more into the import scene now that I have met many different type of tuners and different events with different mods, All thanks to Drifting.com! Everywhere I go I wear my ROTARY SHIRT from Drifting.com (I HAVE about 4) and I just ordered my Rotary heart shirt, and 13 BEE and am Super stoked about going to the Final Round!! THANK YOU! If you have trouble finding me Ill be the one wearing the ROTARY HEART shirt from Drifting.com! ROTARY FTW!!!!!- Thanx again. I would really enjoy getting a free ticket to this event! Is there any possibilty of getting 1?

INFO
09-22-2009, 12:27 PM
we might have to close off the entries by Monday since we have so many requests so please post ASAP

ALI's DRIFT GARAGE
09-22-2009, 12:30 PM
I deserve tickets to go to Formula D because I got laid off from Driven Events. That'll show em...

DomoBev
09-23-2009, 09:41 AM
ever since my cousin (who happens to be a girl as well) youtubed a video of ken block drifting for a dc shoes ad,i can tell you my mind was BLOWN! how does one do that with a car? let alone do it so gracefully. that was siiick.i can tell you one thing, id be quite the happy camper getting those tix for the 'judgment day' at irwindale. im new to the game and seeing how its the last formula d event of the year,it would be KICKASS to be there! as corny as it sounds i thought this was the thing you'd only find in tokyo drift! but this stuff, the REAL DEAL, totally blows that movie outta the water! im thinkin', 'where can i sign up for this?' i mean if just watching vids on the web knock my socks off, seeing it live would make my day! i'd love to be there in person, feel that adrenaline rush just watching those beautiful fast cars!this is a whole new world and man im excited to see what its all about. as i mentioned earlier, i dont know much yet, but sure as hell willing to learn a thing or two. im so excited that if i got the tickets i'd make domo marshmellows for everyone! i would be verrrrrry happy to play hookie from work and watch some of the greats ride. so in a nut shell, pick me! i'll rock some of your shirts too need it be.

p.s if a guy doesnt know how to drift, i aint wasting my time on him!

OldSkool510
09-23-2009, 03:42 PM
I deserve tickets to go to Formula D because I got laid off from Driven Events. That'll show em...

I vote for VIP tickets for Ali. He is willing to swallow some pride and show up at Formula Drift's event. "That'll show em" alright.........

INFO
09-23-2009, 11:57 PM
thanks for the submissions

Remember to enter by Monday.

INFO
09-27-2009, 09:38 AM
we do not have enough tickets so if you STILL plan on going then you MUST send a PM to "Contest" by THIS FRIDAY (Oct. 2nd) or your ticket will be give out to someone else.

cfrost
09-27-2009, 10:54 AM
let me know if you have any extras :) I have the capability to PM contest by friday!

OldSkool510
09-27-2009, 11:52 AM
Who is getting the FREE TICKETS so far??

INFO
09-27-2009, 05:52 PM
ZumnRX8 and EFGiggles are confirmed

Bebop
09-28-2009, 01:54 AM
I sent mine in to "contest" weeks ago

INFO
09-28-2009, 01:57 AM

we got you down for a ticket

INFO
09-28-2009, 01:58 AM

markyd0s
09-28-2009, 08:05 AM

Same here. Im still waiting on confirmation for my ticket :(

tougekids
09-28-2009, 12:53 PM
Quick Question Everyone is wondering if the tickets are VIP are they? Thanks!!!

Bebop
09-28-2009, 12:58 PM
doubt it

tickets are tickets though

thanks again!

INFO
09-28-2009, 01:07 PM
these are general passes with reserved seating

INFO
09-28-2009, 06:00 PM
2 members confirmed that are NOT going

tougekids
09-28-2009, 07:30 PM
Around what section are the seats? It's cause my friend wants to go but, he wants to buy a ticket for him but, he wants to get it close to were I'm seating at! Thanks Again!

INFO
09-28-2009, 07:52 PM
Around what section are the seats? It's cause my friend wants to go but, he wants to buy a ticket for him but, he wants to get it close to were I'm seating at! Thanks Again!

that is a concern that we are looking into

tougekids
09-28-2009, 08:31 PM
Oh alright! Just please let me now asap when you do figure it out! Thanks A Bunch!!! : )

INFO
10-01-2009, 08:46 AM
REMINDER

we do not have enough tickets so if you STILL plan on going then you MUST send a PM to "Contest" by THIS FRIDAY (Oct. 2nd) or your ticket will be give out to someone else.

OldSkool510
10-01-2009, 09:09 AM
Give me some damn tickets!!!!!!!!!!!!!! lol

INFO
10-01-2009, 11:07 AM

you need to post more than 1 line, especially when we got an offered domo-kun marshmallows

Bebop
10-01-2009, 12:54 PM
that is a concern that we are looking into

I was wondering the same thing, let me know.

INFO
10-01-2009, 02:54 PM
IMPORTANT

Seating Position;

-Section 7,
-Row 35
-Seats 1-10

If you are going with a friend then tell them to reserve a position online ASAP.

OldSkool510
10-01-2009, 04:09 PM
you need to post more than 1 line, especially when we got an offered domo-kun marshmallows

Is 10 lines enough to win some free tickets?

INFO
10-01-2009, 04:36 PM

Is 10 lines enough to win some free tickets?

Just for pulling that on us you need to write a 10 line poem about why you want to attend the Formula D Irwindale.

To be nice here are 2 lines to start off with...

Give me some damn tickets because I really want to go
This will be better than any car show

OldSkool510
10-01-2009, 05:39 PM
Just for pulling that on us you need to write a 10 line poem about why you want to attend the Formula D Irwindale.

To be nice here are 2 lines to start off with...

Give me some damn tickets because I really want to go
This will be better than any car show

I can't believe what drifting.com makes you do,
just to try to win a ticket or two,

But during these tough economic times,
I'm willing to make a fool of myself by busting a rhyme,

Since this is the last event of the season,
I'll make something up just to please them,

They'd rather give tickets to newbies with sad, made-up stories,
than give to those with numerous post and stir controversies,

The House of Drift will be burned down by Drift Alliance,
I just hope all their tires will be in compliance,

I've suffered through D1USA, Drift Avengers, and Tiregate,
Now give me my 2 VIP tickets and I don't want to wait.

Is that worthy enough? lol I didn't even need your 2 line freebie.

INFO
10-01-2009, 06:00 PM
you finally earned a ticket, PM your name to "contest"

markyd0s
10-01-2009, 09:16 PM
This wait is killing me!!!! Am I in or am I out??? :eek:

INFO
10-01-2009, 09:18 PM
This wait is killing me!!!! Am I in or am I out??? :eek:

you are IN!!

markyd0s
10-01-2009, 09:21 PM
Aaaaaahhhhh hahahahahaha!!!!!!! Very nice!!!!!!!!!

INFO
10-01-2009, 09:24 PM
Aaaaaahhhhh hahahahahaha!!!!!!! Very nice!!!!!!!!!

just remember to tell all of your friends to come

Bebop
10-01-2009, 10:43 PM
They'd rather give tickets to newbies with sad, made-up stories,
than give to those with numerous post and stir controversies,

Seriously, WORD!

that one chick with the pink writing, fake... the post was orginaly just a regular "oh i want to see drifting for the first time post" then was edited and chicked out.

lmao

Everyone deserves a shot, i just hope more these people coming on here stay on here.

Info,

If anyone does not get there sumbissions in on time please let me know because i always got a lady friend with me and i would hate too not be able to sit right next to her.

INFO
10-01-2009, 11:40 PM
Seriously, WORD!

that one chick with the pink writing, fake... the post was orginaly just a regular "oh i want to see drifting for the first time post" then was edited and chicked out.

lmao

OldSchool,

Most of the newbs have been to our shop or booth and we told them about Formula D Irwindale in person.

Blaze,

Your statement is not true.
Domobev is not a fake, she has been to our shop and left with a domo-kun shirt. Her post was edit after she was advised to step up her response. We made the same recommendation to you, Oldschool and others.

Sakesoba
10-02-2009, 04:12 AM
I'm just curious if I am down for a ticket :p
I think I've PMed contest 3 times... I'll go for the fourth.

OldSkool510
10-02-2009, 07:05 AM
OldSchool,

Most of the newbs have been to our shop or booth and we told them about Formula D Irwindale in person.

Blaze,

Your statement is not true.
Domobev is not a fake, she has been to our shop and even left with a domo-kun shirt. Her post was edit after she was advised to step up her response. We made the same recommendation to you, Oldschool and others.

C'mon guys, we were just making fun of the situation. It's just during the "FREE TICKETS" promotion people with no previous post will come out the woodwork and you start to wonder.

What happened to "freedom of speech?" lol I think it's great you guys offer this contest and still make us work for the tickets. You give everyone a fair chance of winning, and not just hand them out to those with a higer post count. Yes, I did receive the PM from you to step up my response.

No harm, no foul.

9987654321mike
10-02-2009, 07:06 AM
do i have a ticket or not?

Contest
10-02-2009, 07:36 AM
do i have a ticket or not?

we will know by the end of the day

Contest
10-02-2009, 07:37 AM
The contest is officially CLOSED

Active members who confirmed on time are being rewarded.

9987654321mike
10-02-2009, 04:42 PM
so did everyone confirm? or is there a ticket for me

tougekids
10-02-2009, 06:01 PM
How are we going to get/recieve our tickets? Thanks!!! : )

ZumnRX8
10-03-2009, 06:57 PM
ZumnRX8 and EFGiggles are confirmed

HELL YES!!!!;) THANKS DRIFTING.com!!!! SEE you there!!

ZumnRX8
10-03-2009, 06:59 PM
How are we going to get/recieve our tickets? Thanks!!! : )

im sure you'll have to pick them up at the shows " TICKET WILL CALL" thats what happened with SPOCOM :)

9987654321mike
10-03-2009, 10:28 PM
am i in or not

INFO
10-03-2009, 10:29 PM
am i in or not

too many confirmed so we will know by Monday

9987654321mike
10-03-2009, 10:38 PM

alright. thanks

9987654321mike
10-05-2009, 03:38 PM

alright its monday. any left?

INFO
10-05-2009, 03:45 PM
alright its monday. any left?

no, but if one or two people cancel then you will get the spot,

9987654321mike
10-05-2009, 04:12 PM
no, but if one or two people cancel then you will get the spot,

alright. thanks

tougekids
10-05-2009, 04:17 PM
How are we going to get our tickets?

dozer
10-06-2009, 05:29 PM
no more :(

Bebop
10-06-2009, 06:08 PM

Nope but you can keep posting :)

DomoBev
10-06-2009, 07:35 PM
in response to anybody criticizing my entry, thanks for stooping a little too low. regardless if i get a ticket or not, i am interested in this event! and its people like you that make newcomers like myself feel unwelcome!

EFGiggles
10-06-2009, 08:34 PM
Girl!! Don't even trip! Your post was the shiznit. I hope i see you at the event! I am looking for some female friends that are into the drifting scene!! Props to you and welcome to the drifting scene! I think you've officially been bit by the tuner bug! Haha

INFO
10-06-2009, 08:34 PM

maybe, please PM your contact number, we called your friend earlier about this

INFO
10-06-2009, 08:39 PM
in response to anybody criticizing my entry, thanks for stooping a little too low. regardless if i get a ticket or not, i am interested in this event! and its people like you that make newcomers like myself feel unwelcome!

you are getting a ticket, enjoy the event and tell your friends to check it out. J has a stack of flyers that you can pass around

Sakesoba
10-08-2009, 02:03 AM
I'm not sure if I was down for a ticket or not. Unfortunately, there were last minute schedule changes at work. So... I'll be working during Formula D weekend. Thank you for considering me for free tickets, but I can't go.

I hope all of you enjoy the show, and keep on posting with or without free tickets :D

OldSkool510
10-08-2009, 10:18 AM

Like EF HUTTON, I mean EFGiggles said - Girl. Don't trip, your post was the shiznit,

Don't pay attention to what people have to say.
Just take your FREE ticket and have fun that day,

We are all this forum, just clowning around,
Don't take things personal and be glad your Formula D bound,

You don't know us, We don't know you,
So what we say should not have an effect on what you do,

Just keep posting on this Free ticket thread,
and be grateful you saved some bread,

Use that money and buy a drifting.com shirt,
No matter what anyone says, don't let your feelings get hurt,

Tell all your friends about the upcoming event,
Trust me, it will be time well spent.

The more girls you bring, the better it will be,
There's nothing better than cool cars and little cuties.

OldSkool510
10-08-2009, 10:19 AM
Can I get 2 VIP tickets for that?

Bebop
10-08-2009, 10:58 AM
lmao, this is getting funny

don't get your feelings hurt

Girl,

Don't mind me, I'm just a prepubescent boy with a "no girls aloud" tree house.

INFO
10-08-2009, 11:07 AM
I'm not sure if I was down for a ticket or not. Unfortunately, there were last minute schedule changes at work. So... I'll be working during Formula D weekend. Thank you for considering me for free tickets, but I can't go.

I hope all of you enjoy the show, and keep on posting with or without free tickets :D

you were down for a ticket and we REALLY appreciate you letting us know so we can give this ticket out to someone else

INFO
10-08-2009, 11:10 AM
Can I get 2 VIP tickets for that?

PM your contact number ASAP

9987654321mike
10-09-2009, 07:46 AM
you were down for a ticket and we REALLY appreciate you letting us know so we can give this ticket out to someone else

so do i get one

OldSkool510
10-09-2009, 09:59 AM
so do i get one

Is this persistence or annoyance? lol Make him for work for it drifting.com......10 line poem should do it!!! lol

linkwpc
10-09-2009, 02:40 PM
ah no more?? :( Well how about discounted tickets or discounted VIP tickets? :)

linkwpc
10-09-2009, 07:02 PM
Its over??? :( I had something good to say too... Well does anyone discounted tickets to the show or discounted VIP discouted tickets? Please?

Sakesoba
10-09-2009, 07:51 PM

Yep...I couldn't let a seat go empty. Maybe I'll get to watch the event either on DVD or the Speed channel, and then *sigh (it's not the same as being at the actual event). Thanks again, I'm happy I had the chance to try for the free tickets. I'll continue to get my daily fix of drifting.com.

Disclaimer: No negative remarks towards DVD drifting vids or The Speed channel intended cause I watch those almost everyday too :p

INFO
10-13-2009, 08:51 PM
the confirmations will be PM'd tomorrow

Bebop
10-13-2009, 10:03 PM
Its over??? :( I had something good to say too... Well does anyone discounted tickets to the show or discounted VIP discouted tickets? Please?

I'm looking for a promo code my self... anyone have any??!!??!!

INFO
10-13-2009, 10:27 PM
I'm looking for a promo code my self... anyone have any??!!??!!

Are you ordering online?

The flyer that Dai is holding gets you $2 off at the gate

http://www.drifting.com/dai492.jpg

Bebop
10-13-2009, 11:19 PM
Are you ordering online?

The flyer that Dai is holding gets you $2 off at the gate

http://www.drifting.com/dai492.jpg

I think I will get a better deal online if ordering in advance, plus i have zero flyers.

Correct me if I am wrong though

markyd0s
10-14-2009, 09:54 AM
im a little worried i havent received any conformation on my ticket. Im i good to go or whats the deal?

Bebop
10-14-2009, 11:52 AM
Dont trip too hard man

Your name will probably be on the list at the FD media will call. And one of those cute ladies will help you.

Bebop
10-14-2009, 11:58 AM
Anyone buying tickets online use the discount code prpass

INFO
10-14-2009, 12:00 PM
The list had to be resubmitted. we will have a confirmation soon

Contest
10-15-2009, 07:54 PM
the confirmations have been sent

please tell your friends to attend FD Irwindale this Friday/Saturday