Ask IAN ANDERSON Something!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Ask IAN ANDERSON Something!

I'm starting this post to give you guys an opportunity to just ask anything you want. I'll make an effort to answer your questions to the best of my ability and in my own view, no matter what it is about.

Who is Ian Anderson?

(not joking)

*edit* I assume it's you but I mean what do you do, etc.

Comment

I work of Emergency Disaster Services for the Salvation Army in New York City.

I drive an AE86 Coupe with a GZE.

Recent pic here. haven't started its latest body work. haven't put the over fenders on.

Comment

why would we want to ask you anything? Do you contain some supreme vault of knowledge that has previously been undivulged to the public?

You should build a cool car first. Then get your pro license. Then win some events. Then maybe some people will want to ask you questions.

Comment

ian.. why are east coast drifters better than west coast drifters?

Comment

Originally posted by YOitzJDM View Post
            why would we want to ask you anything? Do you contain some supreme vault of knowledge that has previously been undivulged to the public?

You should build a cool car first. Then get your pro license. Then win some events. Then maybe some people will want to ask you questions.
            woah woah woah. I never said I was some big timer. just giving you guys the opportunity to ask me any questions. this is just for fun.

Originally posted by s14klares View Post
            ian.. why are east coast drifters better than west coast drifters?
            I don't know if I can say they are. I do know that drifting on the east coast has exploded in the last two years. again, I can only say what I know. I know the local events I have been to have at least doubled. there is a series held at Summit Point called Drift Nirvana, they have an event almost once a month, with over 60 cars registered, have as many car tandems as the drivers feel comfortable... 7 car tandem is pretty awesome. I can think of at least 10 tracks on the east coast that provide almost monthly drift events. the skill is rising quick on the east coast. I've never been to a local / grassroots event on the west coast. I think you would see the skill that is on the east coast if FD invested more on east coast events. Upcoming east coast drivers who have a tight budget can only make it to 2 events on the east coast when a west coast driver on a budget could possibly make it to all 5 on the west coast. I do thnk there alot of east coast drivers who could kill it in FD.

To my knowledge, JR is the only real FD driver who didn't sell out and go west coast. Its always good to see JR out at Summit Point and at Englishtown helping drivers and giving ride alongs. He's really helping this sport develop.

Comment

"as many car tandems as the drivers feel comfortable... 7 car tandem is pretty awesome."

yea im familiar w/ that .. lol were u at hyperfest .. i was in the 7 car w/ lee, asian dan, ryan, kiely, steak, todd

Comment

This year was the first year I didn't attend hyperfest since 03.

I'm good friends with Rapper, Todd, Lee and Kiely. The rest I kinda know.

got a pic of your car you could post?

Comment

the red s13 at the top ... if i remember correctly we have met in passing at redshift before.. i used to frequent there back in the day. i miss that place.

Comment

Awesome. Yea. Redshift was a good time.

I'll be out there again soon enough. Only things left is finish up wiring, get my electric power steering in and get a paint job.

Comment

Working...
                    X