PDA

View Full Version : (FEEDBACK) D1 GRAND PRIX August 1, 2009 - Chicago, IL

YOitzJDM
08-01-2009, 08:21 PM
CONSPIRACY!!!!!

My friend is at the event, he said that the japanese drivers are acting like babies. After Wang beat Tanaka, all the Japanese guys got pissed that there wasn't at least a OMT, and they refused to keep driving. Kumakubo was supposed to race against Wang, and refused to drive. So they gave Wang the win. Then Nomuken refused to drive against Wang in the final. After they finally drove, it went OMT, and Nomuken won, but it was all a bunch of crap. The fans were going crazy!

Also, Hakkonen was given 3rd place without a runoff for 3rd.

What a bunch of babies. DRAAAAAAAAAAAAAMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMAAAAAAAAAA!!!

D1 EXPLAIN YOURSELF!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! !!!!!!!!

sweetcarz02
08-02-2009, 12:47 AM
Although I was not at the event I spoke with several trusted sources from drivers to fans who gave me the information in my story below. I think Kumakubo disappointed the drift community and the fans who had to spend a good $30 to come see him drift and not perform. I know speaking against the J drivers won't earn me much popularity but I think it sucks regardless of who is doing it. Stop throwing a hissy fit and go drift, you know, that thing your sponsors pay you to do.

http://www.wreckedmagazine.com/blog/2009/08/02/team-orange-refuse-to-tandem-at-d1gp-chicago-and-more/ (http://www.wreckedmagazine.com/blog/2009/08/02/team-orange-refuse-to-tandem-at-d1gp-chicago-and-more/)

Cavi Mike
08-02-2009, 11:26 AM
First off, "I heard" means nothing. Even my closest friends stretch the truth or exaggerate when telling a story.

Second, when you stupid westerners realize that winning isn't the most important part of drifting, you won't have to deal with this. Drifting's roots came from people caring less about winning a race and caring more about entertaining a crowd.

Showing off is what drifting is about and if you don't let drifters show off one more time, you piss them off, especially when they just traveled half way around the world for you idiots. Why is that so hard for you to understand?

J.Herron
08-02-2009, 01:28 PM
First off, "I heard" means nothing. Even my closest friends stretch the truth or exaggerate when telling a story.

Second, when you stupid westerners realize that winning isn't the most important part of drifting, you won't have to deal with this. Drifting's roots came from people caring less about winning a race and caring more about entertaining a crowd.

Showing off is what drifting is about and if you don't let drifters show off one more time, you piss them off, especially when they just traveled half way around the world for you idiots. Why is that so hard for you to understand?

What?

This was a COMPETITION, not an exhibition.

Sorry dude, but you're not making any sense.

Nothing personal, I just have no idea what you're talking about.

Teknolust72
08-02-2009, 06:31 PM
I wonder if the japanese drivers thought there was a technical infraction that would require a OMT.....

mazdized
08-02-2009, 09:33 PM

What was D1s official answer? if the J drivers were upset because they thought judging was unfair then the judges have to explain. If the judges are sticking to their decisions then the result is what it is. If you are paired up with Forrest and for some reason you dont want to run then you loose. I dont get it what is the problem?

"stupid westerners" dude you need to chill with the Japanese empire mentality, this *Censored**Censored**Censored**Censored* is in USA not in Japan so stop being a Japanese beggot (I dont care what race you are but calling people stupid westerners in USA is *Censored**Censored**Censored**Censored*ed up), if you want to exploit the westerners market you have to do what works here, if not stay home.

Al
08-02-2009, 09:53 PM
you stupid americaniansjapanians

slideways2004
08-03-2009, 12:08 AM
WOW! this sounds crazy

snowdrifter
08-03-2009, 06:10 AM
this has to be the worst event I have ever been to! miss managed crap VIP spot crap cars in the dirty thirty come on stock 240's who let these cars in and not 1 FD driver! FD knows how lame D1 PRO US is know I do too. and one more time when the drivers clearly lost drift. I think J driver forgot how to drift a parking lot or D! did not remember that the two bumps in the entry is why FD swithed course to the other end in 2006. and no axess to the drivers. I cant belive drift king let them use his name. and don't thy to try talk to rob fleming to offer him a ride he is to busy.

slideways2004
08-03-2009, 08:50 AM
this has to be the worst event I have ever been to! miss managed crap VIP spot crap cars in the dirty thirty come on stock 240's who let these cars in and not 1 FD driver! FD knows how lame D1 PRO US is know I do too. and one more time when the drivers clearly lost drift. I think J driver forgot how to drift a parking lot or D! did not remember that the two bumps in the entry is why FD swithed course to the other end in 2006. and no axess to the drivers. I cant belive drift king let them use his name. and don't thy to try talk to rob fleming to offer him a ride he is to busy.

can you run that through your english teacher so the rest of us can understand?:confused:

snowdrifter
08-03-2009, 09:50 AM
typing and working is hard but if you cant read it talk to your reading teacher

Rob Fleming
08-03-2009, 10:49 AM
Snow drifter I just sent you a PM regarding the matter. I sincerely apologize.

snowdrifter
08-03-2009, 11:47 AM
Rob today I'm wearing the 2005 enjuku/kumho T shirt that you autographed in 2005!

J.Herron
08-03-2009, 11:56 AM
http://www.vegasdrift.com/exclusive-interview-with-forrest-wang-on-d1-chicago/#more-892

killin1t
08-03-2009, 12:43 PM
This was my first D1GP event. What a mess! The VIP section was more packed than anywhere else, there was no place to wash your hands after using the porta-johns which is disgusting with 10,000 people in attendance, the concessions were a joke, the people at Will Call for tickets were totally confused most of the time, security ended up letting anyone on the bleachers since they didn't fill them up which sucks for those who paid extra for those tickets, AM drivers vs Japans top drivers? WTF! This was a mess. The announcer was a d-bag, swore a bunch with families/young kids present, 12 yr olds smokin cigs all over and mad underage drinking, mad amount of delays, *Censored**Censored**Censored* motorcycle circus show, no RC drifting like the magazine ad's claimed, man I could go on for days.... Whats with the Org team throwing a fit? Great sportsmanship there guys! I lost some respect for those dudes refusing to drive after that. I was disappointed in this event for sure. I've been to little regional car shows that were more organized that this!

Rob Fleming
08-03-2009, 01:27 PM
Rob today I'm wearing the 2005 enjuku/kumho T shirt that you autographed in 2005!

Thats awesome! Check your private messages, give me a call if you get a chance. Hopefully I didn't blow you off the when I signed your shirt (lols!).

Chicago had its issues and the staff will continually work to make the events better. Besides the problems I hope that it was a good time for everyone and you got to see good show. To everyone I spoke to at Chicago it was great to catchup and get some input.

snowdrifter
08-03-2009, 04:30 PM
Killen1t did not mention that drivers that did not make the top 16 were walkin around drinking PBR in their nomex and the another smoken in his suit in VIP, great way to get sponsorship!

Piner
08-03-2009, 05:06 PM
^ ahhh I think I know who those guys are

Al
08-03-2009, 05:25 PM
Killen1t did not mention that drivers that did not make the top 16 were walkin around drinking PBR in their nomex and the another smoken in his suit in VIP, great way to get sponsorship!

*Censored**Censored**Censored**Censored* what everyone says.

who gives a *Censored**Censored**Censored**Censored*, they aren't driving anymore.

you goddamn tools.

Bebop
08-03-2009, 06:54 PM
LOL I'm out drinking all weekend and come back to see this lmao!

This was a mess. The announcer was a d-bag, swore a bunch with families/young kids present, 12 yr olds smokin cigs all over and mad underage drinking,

LMAO this sounds like a good time

LOL, dude chill out... you must have never been to a real fun drift event before.

Just because you didn't win doesn't mean your prohibited from cracking a bottle of your own and smoking reds.

But does this mean THERE WAS FREE LIQUOR!???!!???!!! If so I'm effing pissed!!!! Why didnt they have this in the OC.

This is really really wierd of this behaivor coming from the team orange guys. Kinda knowing them personaly, I wouldnt belive them to be unprofessional like that. Kumo and Tanaka are really nice guys. But nomuken is known in the drift community for being a little prick. How many grassroots J dudes you see rocking uras... theres a reason not many like that guy.

But seriously, one positive thing I can say is at least D1 isnt fixing this crap for the japanese drivers advantage. Thats a major plus, it seriously looks like a even playing field for the more talented american guys.

Bebop
08-03-2009, 07:42 PM
Quick google translation from Tankas blog

Is YOGOZAIMASU (^ O ^)

D1 Chicago ...

Was the worst (~_~;)

Organizers of the U.S. D1解っgood or not, or whether an American-style, meaning no解RIMASEN ( - )

I have not lost to follow-up after the sudden death ...

Just out of frustration ...

Too tired and angry ...

Sorry (+_+) in this report

Nomura says he took the enemy's mine!

Or to the OMEDETOUGOZAI winning! \ (^-^)/

Someone please translate it better

http://tanaka-k.seesaa.net/

Bebop
08-03-2009, 07:48 PM
From Kumos blog

At all, instead of safely, Chicago ended D1.

From the start, problems in various ways, but GUDAGUDA,

We have finally berko (^-^)

To tell you the results,

At the time of the semifinals!

Lightning boycotted (^ 0_0 ^)

As content is easily
Tana KAZU foreign players and have the best game in eight events.

Even you, please consider the following from the flow!

Tana KAZU ahead first.
Very good opponent, opponents advantage.
Then follow the KAZU Tana.
Start with the air of destiny who, quite adrift KAZU Tana.
In speaking of Mr. Tsuchiya, this game (only the following KAZU Tana) Redo (no count).
KAZU Tana following the re-run.
I pledge again a solid opponent, jamming BATCHIRI then sudden death.

One of sudden death.
KAZU leading Tana.食I込MA thing is, I have been looking at 5.5?

The starter, heralding the defeat of KAZU Tana.

Do you follow me?
You're missing something --

Yes!
I'm not chasing after KAZU Tana (怒)
Arbitrary decisions by the organizers, I had the following without the KAZU Tana!

To say, there is likely to impede the activities of the United States in the future, as a protest passionately uncompromising boycott of the best fight I was 8 (^ ^) d

Tsuchiya's opinion, is like no通RANAKATTA (TT)

The players vow is Buddhist, the walkover in the final went to a Buddhist vow to act Mr. Nomura and Abe berko a girl, after re-run, and beat us GATTSURI (* ^ o ^) / \ (^-^*)

Bad aftertaste that was Chicago (TT)

However, the only problem is that終RAZU, tomorrow will be the tour for another resolution that was just me talking to the organizers (;_;)

An idiot, right, thanks to the organizers, rather than damage, it makes me able to work in America's future? (^ 0_0 ^)

In fact ~~

From reading the blog it looks like they had a meeting with the D1 USA organizers....

Again someone translate this crap better then me.

http://kumakubo.seesaa.net/

killin1t
08-04-2009, 09:36 AM

yeah you are right... this was very unprofessional of any driver representing anyones brand or company. Some of these guys were a total joke while others seemed to keep it all biz for us fans which is what they are paid to do on top of driving... instead of acting like tool bags or cry babies.

I also still want to know what happened to the RC drifting? It was even listed in the event mag they were handing out in the ticket line when you entered the event. The "sponsor village" was weak as well. Only a couple of legit companies and the rest were local garages/shops. Same sh*t as HIN in that same parking lot 3 wks ago!

Bebop
08-04-2009, 12:30 PM
WTF is wrong with local garage shops, they deserve our business more then the big cooperate sponsors.

geez, you guys sound like total drift event noobs

killin1t
08-04-2009, 12:45 PM
There is nothing wrong with loc garages but when D1GP advertises a "sponsor village" but only has a couple of "sponsors" in this so called "sponsor village" it makes D1GP look a bit weak... the US Airforce has the largest booth which is pretty beat. Autometer, Eneos and Spec were the only companies I saw other than some wheel cleaner, some new energy drink and then the rest were local garages/shops... I find it funny that the local shops/garages out-showed the big guy sponosrs! Where were the other companies listed as sponsors like Greddy, Genius, Performace Auto & Sound etc just as the website and event brochure stated? Just because its the midwest doesn't mean these companies shouldn't represent out here... I understand Chicago isn't SoCal but come on, look how many people paid $$$ to be at this event... There were def some insane show cars... those TopSpeed guys got it goin on!
And there is nothing wrong with noobs at events like this. Without noobs this type of event wouldn't even happen. You were once a noob just like everyone at that event. Noobs are what keep industries growing. I think there were more noobs at the Chi event than OG drift fans... which is perfectly fine and great for the industry.

killin1t
08-04-2009, 12:47 PM
Mad props to the local shops at the event... Not sure if you understood what I was originally saying. It was very impressive seeing them out in full force reppin an event like this. It makes the actual D1GP "sponsors" look pretty pathetic in my opinion... (and this is just my opinion so dont take it personally...)

fast-datsun
08-04-2009, 04:55 PM
Something is lost in translation. I think he did not understand the rules for D1-USA, vs D1 Japan...He felt there should have been a one more time.

Sebring
08-05-2009, 03:23 AM
I'm thinking Tanaka felt the judges were being biased when they changed the ruling. I wasn't there. I didn't see the run, but Kumakubo seemed to think it was a 5.5 to 4.5 in Wangs favor, which normally, would be a call for a one more time.

And if I read it correctly, they'd already gone through a "one more time"? But if D1GP usa rules allow only 1 OMT, then they would've had to pick Forrest.

So giving Tanaka the benefit of the doubt, he probably didn't realize they had to pick a winner at that point. And if I was in his position, I'd feel cheated too.

However, I still think it was bad sportsmanship to throw a fit like that (although I would've loved to be there to see it :D). And that, in my opinion, is what set off the chain of events leading to Kumakubo's refusal to compete and Nomuken's stalling.

If you see your team mate screaming foul, you'd join him of course.

Plus, I bet it's a big shot to the pride to be beaten by "some punk American kid" :P

ALI's DRIFT GARAGE
08-05-2009, 12:06 PM
My D1 short version:

2000 mile drive there.
Work like a donkey.
Event setup better than Anaheim.
Vendor/Carshow better than Miami.
Concessions cheaper than Anaheim.
Daigo loses out in the top 8.
Hard and sad day for me & Good Ink.
Forrest killed it.
Surprised a lot of people.
Some who weren't too happy.
Finnish course marshall..sprained/cracked/broken foot from Japanese Advan.
Course worker almost run over by a Subaru.
Unbelievable behavior.
Too much down time.
Judging was honest.
Happy Forrest, sore Tanaka and Nomuken.
Forrest now sponsored by Good Ink Clothing.
2000 mile drive back home.

Enough said.

Slapshotnerd
08-05-2009, 04:11 PM
My D1 short version:

2000 mile drive there.
Work like a donkey.
Event setup better than Anaheim.
Vendor/Carshow better than Miami.
Concessions cheaper than Anaheim.
Daigo loses out in the top 8.
Hard and sad day for me & Good Ink.
Forrest killed it.
Surprised a lot of people.
Some who weren't too happy.
Finnish course marshall..sprained/cracked/broken foot from Japanese Advan.
Course worker almost run over by a Subaru.
Unbelievable behavior.
Too much down time.
Judging was honest.
Happy Forrest, sore Tanaka and Nomuken.
Forrest now sponsored by Good Ink Clothing.
2000 mile drive back home.

Enough said.
course worker almost run over by subaru?!

course marshall with a sprained / cracked / broken foot?!

care to explain more? the only injury i've heard of about a course worker prior to this was the broken foot from the worker in Chicago who had a 4-ton krail move onto his foot after a car crashed into it because he was standing too close to it.

ALI's DRIFT GARAGE
08-05-2009, 04:59 PM
To you? No, I've got nothing I have or will ever have to explain to you, you have got to be one of the worst s#!t talkers on this forum and I personally don't care much for you. But all will be revealed soon enough.

Swing Kid
08-05-2009, 09:20 PM
To you? No, I've got nothing I have or will ever have to explain to you, you have got to be one of the worst s#!t talkers on this forum and I personally don't care much for you. But all will be revealed soon enough.

Oh Snap!:rolleyes:

OldSkool510
08-05-2009, 09:29 PM

I don't want to bring them up.....but f*ck, that last sentence sounds like the Drift Avengers. What are you supposed to reveal? Some dirt on Slapshot's journalistic skills?

ALI's DRIFT GARAGE
08-05-2009, 09:59 PM
Yeah, kinda, but no, just a press release on what happened to a few of the Japanese drivers, that's all.

wrxwagon
08-05-2009, 10:13 PM
please no bashing

craiglieberman
08-06-2009, 08:53 AM
LOL. Jacob gets, umm, I believe the term is , "pwned".

I spoke to a friend at D1GP. Apparently, they are well aware of all of the issues and they'll be addressing the matters publicly.

How did the drift box situation work out? I haven't heard anything more on it.

NNog
08-06-2009, 01:42 PM
How did the drift box situation work out? I haven't heard anything more on it.

It probably sucked *Censored**Censored**Censored* as usual.

Its_just_Yukio
08-06-2009, 04:23 PM
Ali, you crack me up buddy.

Hope to see you soon. Keep up the hard work! :)

Rob Fleming
08-06-2009, 11:55 PM
It was my first experience this weekend with the drift box. I really have nothing negative to say about it. Bill Sherman and I have discussed it, he feels strongly that it is a useful tool. Looking through my list of scores compared to the drift box, its not that far off.

It does allow us to concentrate on watching the driving more, and using our honest opinion.

Bebop
08-07-2009, 01:23 AM
So why do you have a job?

lol

Why don't they just use it for data purposes only and not factored in as a actual score.

Like i said before, I would like to see a short wheel based car score high on that thing.

courantcom
08-07-2009, 09:41 AM
So why do you have a job?

lol

Why don't they just use it for data purposes only and not factored in as a actual score.

Like i said before, I would like to see a short wheel based car score high on that thing.

TRUE! Seriously...let's strap a drift box onto a go-kart and see what kind of results it can display/data-log. Let's compare it with the results of ANY car. Surely, the go-kart can be a representative of ANY short wheelbase car.

I do believe that the drift box can be used for data purposes only. It should not yet be factored in as an actual score because of all the "questions" people still have with it.

courantcom
08-07-2009, 09:43 AM
I don't want to bring them up.....but f*ck, that last sentence sounds like the Drift Avengers. What are you supposed to reveal? Some dirt on Slapshot's journalistic skills?

Hahaha...yeah, Slapshot's journalistic skills are all funded by some government somewhere. ;-)

OldSkool510
08-07-2009, 02:42 PM
LOL....I thought Ali was going to expose some unfounded, ridiculous allegations against Slaphot the way the Avengers did D1.

I think Slapshot and Ali have some other beef going on. We need new drama on this forum, so they should settle it online just so we can have something to keep us entertained.

Rob Fleming
08-07-2009, 04:02 PM
What I know of the drift box this far:

1. it uses highspeed gps data to acquire speed. Previously this was done with a radar gun.

2. It uses accelerometers to judge gforce and angle.

3. A computer is also used to setup the track. Each part of the track is divided into zones. This allows for each turn to result with a seperate score.

4. The Japanese guys love the drift
box. They use it for private testing.

5. Some of the top teams in other drift series use the drift box for testing on practice days. Hard data is hard data, and let's the teams tune for the course with comparable data.

I will learn more about it and share the knowledge with all of you. It's actually really reliable as long as we have a good 12v source to tap off of.

Slapshotnerd
08-07-2009, 08:19 PM
Ironically, I've never met nor talked with Ali previous to this thread. I don't even know what the guy looks like. Sorry, I wish there was more story / drama behind it, but if there is, it's all news to me.

In the meantime, I'm at FD Seattle. Tomorrow is shaping up to be quite a good show.

akuma S14
08-07-2009, 10:39 PM
Well.. I personally don't wanna see my friends fight... Jacob and Ali are both very dedicated to the world of drifting and i only wish for a keg party and laughs. Come to China.. I'll get you both drunk!

Slappy
08-08-2009, 07:42 PM
Team Orange has been issued $17,500 in fines by D1GP USA.???

2JZdude
08-11-2009, 12:25 PM
What I know of the drift box this far:

I will learn more about it and share the knowledge with all of you. It's actually really reliable as long as we have a good 12v source to tap off of.

Or...you can do like me and read all about it driftbox.com

Now what I would really like is a print out from the driftbox data after every run. According to the website, it IS possible. Something else that would help D1 and drivers would be a video demo of the driftbox prior to competition.

AE86_Fan
08-11-2009, 02:24 PM
Ironically, I've never met nor talked with Ali previous to this thread. I don't even know what the guy looks like. Sorry, I wish there was more story / drama behind it, but if there is, it's all news to me.

In the meantime, I'm at FD Seattle. Tomorrow is shaping up to be quite a good show.

so how did seattle go ? i heard only 30 cars for 32 positions ? is that true... if so at least D1 has full field !

OldSkool510
08-11-2009, 02:51 PM
so how did seattle go ? i heard only 30 cars for 32 positions ? is that true... if so at least D1 has full field !

If so, would you want 30 who has a realistic chance of a podium finish? Or 32, with only the top 8 drivers having a real chance. There is too much of a talent discrepancy in D1. There's the J drivers, Forrest Wang, and who else?

AE86_Fan
08-11-2009, 03:05 PM
If so, would you want 30 who has a realistic chance of a podium finish? Or 32, with only the top 8 drivers having a real chance. There is too much of a talent discrepancy in D1. There's the J drivers, Forrest Wang, and who else?

There are the Fins (who if you have not seen are awesome, all 3 of them).
Chelsea Denofa
Quoc Ly
Aaron Losey
Will Parsons
Bill Sherman

just to name a few. they may not have the corporate backing like FD drivers, but definitely have the skill to make *Censored**Censored**Censored**Censored* happen on any given day.

OldSkool510
08-11-2009, 03:31 PM
There are the Fins (who if you have not seen are awesome, all 3 of them).
Chelsea Denofa
Quoc Ly
Aaron Losey
Will Parsons
Bill Sherman

just to name a few. they may not have the corporate backing like FD drivers, but definitely have the skill to make *Censored**Censored**Censored**Censored* happen on any given day.

So maybe I should expand my 8 to 10 probable drivers. Quoc and Hokannen were in my Top 8. Denofa and Losey would round out the 10. That's about it. The rest are just there to fill the field.

AE86_Fan
08-11-2009, 03:39 PM
So maybe I should expand my 8 to 10 probable drivers. Quoc and Hokannen were in my Top 8. Denofa and Losey would round out the 10. That's about it. The rest are just there to fill the field.

if you say so.. i remember back in the day when FD was the same way. it takes time to build up a full line-up.

OldSkool510
08-11-2009, 03:46 PM
if you say so.. i remember back in the day when FD was the same way. it takes time to build up a full line-up.
I agree. It's just with all the hype that was surrounding D1 USA this year made people have real high expectations. D1 USA made people assume that it was the awesome D1 that was already established returning to the US, instead, it's more of D1 in the re-building phase.

AE86_Fan
08-11-2009, 04:06 PM
I agree. It's just with all the hype that was surrounding D1 USA this year made people have real high expectations. D1 USA made people assume that it was the awesome D1 that was already established returning to the US, instead, it's more of D1 in the re-building phase.

i couldnt agree more... i guess i went into this season with lower expectations than many others here on the forum, and knew that it wouldnt be the old school irwindale days, but something new and with their own twist.

it was cool to see the J drivers !

killin1t
08-15-2009, 10:40 AM
Maybe some of you guys can help me out here... I paid to upgrade my D1GP chicago preferred seating tickets to VIP tickets prior to the event via a link Jessica @ D1GP emailed me. When I arrived at Will-Call at the event I was only able to get my preferred seating tickets because D1GP did not have the updated list of the people who paid for upgrades to VIP. I even provided proof which was in the form of the actual printed sheet that I was emailed after my transaction was complete. My credit card was charged and everything yet I was still not able to obtain my VIP tickets. I ended up in the preferred seating section for $55/ticket which I was pissed about since I paid for the VIP upgrade. I've emailed Jessica and D1GP multiple times since the event and haven't heard anything back, they are obviously avoiding my emails because I'm asking for a refund. Do any of you know how I can get my $ back for the upgrade? Has anyone else had this issue? I am about to call my credit card company and dispute the charge since I was not given the tickets I paid for... Please comment if you have any ideas or a better way for me to get into contact with D1GP. Thank you!!!!

Bebop
08-15-2009, 11:02 AM
Geeze, hot damn shame.

Hope you get your money back man.

Hach1r0k1d03
08-15-2009, 12:40 PM
did you call that number i gave you to try to upgrade ur ticket? if you forgot it it is (949) 252-0155

killin1t
08-15-2009, 02:48 PM
did you call that number i gave you to try to upgrade ur ticket? if you forgot it it is (949) 252-0155

Hey thanks for getting me this number again, I will try it and see if it works out. I really appreciate it!

lex-fiend
08-15-2009, 02:54 PM
This whole event was just half-a$$ed. The security were D'bag's and there was lots of issues with the type of ticket people purchased.

As far as team orange, what pissed off tanaka was the fact that Forrest Wang was barreling out of the grid and running side-by-side into the first corner, and the judges did nothing about it. In the drivers meeting, Tsuchiya told the drivers to give each other space because of the long, but narrow staight away in order to enter the corner fairly. Wang didn't do that from my point of view. That's why Kumakubo refused to run, they weren't enforcing ALL the rules. In the end Nomuken won the event, but threw the trophy away, because he felt it was unfair.

OldSkool510
08-15-2009, 03:36 PM
Hit up Ali's Drift Garage on this thread. I'm sure he will handle it for you...

Bebop
08-16-2009, 11:52 AM
As far as team orange, what pissed off tanaka was the fact that Forrest Wang was barreling out of the grid and running side-by-side into the first corner, and the judges did nothing about it. In the drivers meeting, Tsuchiya told the drivers to give each other space because of the long, but narrow staight away in order to enter the corner fairly. Wang didn't do that from my point of view. That's why Kumakubo refused to run, they weren't enforcing ALL the rules.

Have you read the forrest interview with vegas drift

Lead Run
FW: As I qualified 2nd I was supposed to lead but Tanaka bullied his way into the lead position.
I followed him really well, at times during the run we were within a foot, he got away and then I sucked back up

Follow Run
FW: I gapped him by 2 car lengths. The judging panel I guess agreed that there must have been a starting error, and they called One More Time.
We did the one more time he followed me well, and then on my follow I was almost rubbing his car. This is where things got strange.

lex-fiend
08-17-2009, 09:01 AM
Have you read the forrest interview with vegas drift

Yes I did, and of course both are going to point a finger at the other driver. As I stated in my post, Wang didn't do that from my point of view, and I had a pretty good view, see:
The Starting Grid
http://c4.ac-images.myspacecdn.com/images02/80/l_fa61118828c34a78b1c0eb40d4ccd30f.jpg

Wang was the bully.

Bebop
08-17-2009, 01:25 PM
well if wang quald second and tanaka took the lead wouldn't wang have to be some sort of bully to get his lead back?

drift1991
08-18-2009, 11:04 AM
Forrest should have won. It seemed like a lot of people in the crowd wanted Nomuken to win, but I think it was just cuz of who he is. On the second run the judges even said that Wang scored the best run of the entire event. But overall it was a good event, a lot of local shops were out so that was good. Hope they come back next year but I doubt it.

killin1t
08-19-2009, 06:14 PM
I posted earlier about an issue with D1GP tickets... Today Ali (Ali's Drift Garage) called me to clear this up and take care of the issue for me. I wanted to thank the person that posted his info for me and most of all thank Ali for his legit customer service! Thanks again to all who helped me get to the bottom of this!