Marketing ploy: Drift Kits

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Marketing ploy: Drift Kits

Capitalizing on drift posers like the "MaD TYtE dRIft1NG yOs!" people. I think selling drift kits, just like turbo kits, chould be the next big product idea instead of actually customizing your own preferences! The drift kits would include 15" rims, camber, LSD, struts, shocks, stabilizers, Kei Office body kit, ECU, and a muffler . This kit would go great for people who think drifting is 100% machine and 0% skill. Exploiting the ignorant. Lol, I'm not even lisenced yet and I would even consider buying a drift kit! J/K. Seriously though, I think if you were to compete in D1 but your car suddenly blows up an hour before and in dire need for drift parts, you would rent a car and install a drift kit! Maybe not rent a car but you get the idea.

or go to a track and rent rims/tires there...make a killing

Comment

You forgot the DRFT body kits.

Comment

some tracks in japan already rent rims and tires.

Comment

i like the idea of a drift kit, but 15"s????
          what are planning on drifting? a miata? a fiero?
          i think 16's at least. but i like the idea of a drift kit very much.

Comment

Ya what is so wrong with that? As long as it is high quality stuff and not like APC or something like that. I dont really see your beef with this, I mean what's wrong with companies marketing to people?

Comment

If it was good stuff, i'd buy one.

Comment

Keep an eye on our site.... We have been putting these together for quite some time now. However they will be up after D1. Let me know any products you would like to see us sell. Thanks!
                Last edited by ; 12-15-2004, 03:11 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by Ghost of Duluth
                  If it was good stuff, i'd buy one.

Comment

Isn't this the same thing as going to your preferred shop and trusting their reccomendation on what parts to use????

Oh i get it, this takes all the researching and decision making, and condenses it convieniently in a name-brand bandwagon approach....

On the other hand though, i could put together a bad arse "kit" (how about the word package?) IF anyone needs help, I would be more than happy to suggest some setups/parts. PM or post.

Comment

I have my lawyer on the other line and its my idea, thanks for it though, its patented. Sorry, you snooze you lose.

Comment

Drifters are usually too poor to plunk down $5k at once for a drift "kit." Besides, it'd take the fun out of mixing and matching parts. (Unless there were options for each upgrade piece...)

Shifter- Uh... big wheels aren't needed to drift, bud. Just because D1 cars don't run 15s doesn't mean that they're worthless.

Comment

it's a good idea, but not many people can plunk down a butt load of money, with how old a lot drift cars are, it would be like buying an other. but i have seen some places with some pakages that there shop made, it had exaust, shocks/struts/springs(not coil overs), intake, rims, and FREE stickers! or something like that, not drift specific, but same idea.

Comment

Sorry but this is a 'tard idea. The whole thing about drifting is setting your OWN preference and maximizing your cars potential. This "Drift Kit" is setting a pre-defined setup for everybody. Which is STUPID, because every driver is different.

Lilke me for example.

My spring rate is 8k in the front and 6kg in the rear. My KYB Super Special is set to "soft" on the front and "race" on the rear. You know why? Because I like the front to DIP a little bit for more traction, when i do hard braking while entering at a turn too hot.

That's just a little bit of my setup, there's more.. So AGAIN, this "drift kit" is for the FAN boys/ricers in the scene ^_^ just plain stupid

Comment

Originally posted by CRASHDRIVE
                              So AGAIN, this "drift kit" is for the FAN boys/ricers in the scene ^_^ just plain stupid

but thats the point. its just to make money

Comment

Working...
                              X