Learn Japanese?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Learn Japanese?

How many of you guys learned Japanese in order to go professional in the drifting biz? I'm going to a highschool/tecnical college open house and they offer automotive tecnology as a program and was wondering if I should take a Japanese course. It seems about right because if I'm going as a far as taking an automotive course besides something else like journalism (teachers say I got a knack for writing) or business tecnology (actually plan to take a tech school for this one instead), I might as well take up Japanese, right?

its a hard language to learn i tried in grade 10 and i failed the course

Comment

I have a japanese wife...good enough for me

Comment

Originally posted by driftfreak
        I have a japanese wife...good enough for me

Comment

Japanese is a great language, just be prepared to study your @$$ off. It's very rewarding, and I had alot of fun speaking some nihongish to the drivers at D1. I've taken 3 years in highschool and it's my second semester taking it in college. If you need any help PM me sometime but I know there are some other, more fluent members on the board.

Comment

chas: ive seen that t shirt around on the net...my wife thinks its hella funny

Comment

Its awsome, im gonna get it made in vinal and sell them.

Comment

thanks guys. Thanks Weapon, I'll take you up on that help when I need it . Lol, I should be focusing more on Spanish down here but Japanese seems more rewarding for my future. But Spanish is so hard! Damn, i even heard there are over 3000 Japanese symbols. whew. Thats alotta letters.

Comment

what does it say? i wanna laugh too..

Comment

I saw another shirt with this on it...hella funny if i sport it in Japan..and dont think i wont..
                    Attached Files

Comment

im in japanese 2...and im in highschool...i dont know much kanji but i know katakana and hiragana...katakana=easy...hiragana=easy...just my sentence structure blows...i have no trouble in that class though...well most of the time i dont

Comment

Learn Japanese from a friend instead of a class or a book. I've looked at the books they have and it's all pretty ridiculous. No doubt people will understand your book Japanese, but it'll sound out of place if you go anywhere other than a classroom. Just make sure you learn the right form, or you'll be cursed to be seen as a farmer/criminal.

Comment

ya im picking up a kansai accent in the (very) little japanese that i speak...its cool though...my wife is from Kyoto...thats why

Comment

^ well said dude...im using the ima 2 book for school and my new teacher said the book was crap and thats not how japanese people talk...our old teacher was dumb...ms yoshikawa...

edit: well said cat

Comment

Originally posted by spinitsidewayz!
                              what does it say? i wanna laugh too..
                              I am looking for a Japanese girlfriend.

Comment

Working...
                              X