GT3 Drifting

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• GT3 Drifting

Ive been wondering. What cars on Gran Trusimo 3 do you all consider best for drifting, and what mods did you put on those cars? Also, what are your favorite drifting tracks???

Special Stage Route 11 is pretty good for drifting, it has a combo of low and high speed turns, and plenty of twists... So is the test track (not the oval, the insanely long and winding one), as well as the autumn hill track... I think thats what its called. If you get a car to about 300-400 hp, it works pretty well, stiffen up the suspension a bit, and there you go. Ive found that the Lotus Elise and Opel Speedster, once the suspension is tightened and they're given more power, are very easy to slide and control... the sprinter trueno (basically the AE86) works well with just HP upgrades, the miata is decent with HP upgrades... I havent done it with many other cars... but the high HP cars, once you get above about 600 or 700, get much harder to control. If you find more that work well, post back. Have fun!

Comment

the usual cars that drift in real life? rx7, silvias, any car with RWD...

the ideal hp for drifting (i think) depends on the car... (u dont want TOO much hp.. if it has too much hp one press of the gas button n u'll be spinning out... cuz i find it hard to control the amount of gas with the X button..) most of my cars are around 270hp to 350hp...

oh yeah.. i use the analog stick to steer... it lets u control the steering easier... (too lazy to buy steering wheel and pedals...)

i found it easier to control a car in mid-drift if u make the sway bars the highest level in front and back... u should play with the other susp. settings to make it whatever u want...

i wish life was that easy in buying products and getting money... wow.. that'd be great...

oh yeah... and u get WAY cooler looking drifts if u use the simulation tires... and make sure u dont enter a corner too fast or too slow...

haha and another thing.. i found that the more hp u have the more grip u might need to control it... (i drift the 600+hp race camero [900+ with the NA upgrade] with medium tires...
      Last edited by delasoul909; 03-05-2004, 07:45 PM.

Comment

Steering wheel and pedals are a MUST. Rx7, silvias, chaser, ae86... all real life drift cars.... i use about 400 hp for everything except for 86 i run about 200

Comment

steering wheel? is it worth it cuz alot ppl are recommending. how much is a logitech one? FD RZ on special stage route 5 (not sure, its in the competition races in the beginner modes). RZ engines stock (300hp) and suspension is highly tuned. Complex String is probably the best drift course.

Comment

My wheel is only 20. My fav courses are Trial mtn Tokyo and Deep forest and apriocot

Comment

heres are my gt3 drift videos
              http://ryen49.com/videos/drift%20what%20drift.mpeg
              http://ryen49.com/videos/Drift%20What%20Drift%202.mpg
              Last edited by ryen49; 03-05-2004, 09:00 PM.

Comment

oh god you got me started....i have been a GT3 drifter since the beginning. My weapon of choice is my 180sx with 465 HP, i have every single mod for it. My suspension settings are 15kg/pi for front coilovers and 16 for rear, anti roll bars: front 6, rear 7, my transmission is near in between, being a little closer to short. THE MOST IMPORTANT THINGS FOR DRIFTING IN GT3: TURN OFF ASM AND TCS, and make sure the steering settings are on sim, not beginner. i don't really mess with the toe, bound or rebound, becsuse they're fine as it is. personally the best course for drifting is midfield raceway, it's kinda like the D1 course, just a lot longer. My other cars i have for drift are another 240 with everything, a hacki rochu shinego edition with everyhting, and a S13, 14, 15 with everything (i have all the cars in the game and 10 billion dollars if you were wondering, and yes i got it all without cheating). But to drift any car you have to turn off TCS and ASM, although this isn't always the case, like with my TVR Speed 12, if i turn everything off it burns out to the 6th gear, and doesn't really get me anywhere.

Comment

probably the hardest drift i have ever actually pulled off is with my quad rotory 787B, or one of my eight F/686m's(MR drivetrain), and the stupidest thing i have ever drifted was a PT loser, btw anybody know when GT4 is coming out? i heard June. Personally i don't really reccomend the wheel for drifting, i have it, and i am way better with the controller because that thing kinda slows me down.
                  Last edited by CrazyDrifter456; 03-05-2004, 09:30 PM.

Comment

WHERE DID YOU GET A CHASER!?!?!?! ALSO, HOW DOES YOUR TRUENO IN THAT VIDEO HAVE A CARBON FIBER HOOD? AND HOW DID U GET THE C-WEST S15????

Comment

All prize cars. It's alot easier to drift with the controller than the wheel. You'll find that out when you start tuning for sim tires.

Comment

lol you're a n00b, you have to win a ton of races, the tom's X540 chaser is pretty good, but the C west silvia sucks.....my pt loser would own it.

btw the shinego AE86 was a pain to get, but it's worth a ton of money and it's a pretty good drift car (yes it has a carbon fiber hood)

Comment

LOL Thanks guys!

Comment

one factor that helped me to know what races to win to get what car was a strategy guide, i would tell you to get one, but since GT4 is coming out soon i wouid worry about that not GT3

Comment

I'm not a n00b cuz I got 100% for GT3... I needed a life back then

Comment

Working...
                              X