ad

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

FD irwindale strategys for the championship.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• FD irwindale strategys for the championship.

I've been thinking, since the championship is on the line, and 4th-2nd margin is very small. Does anyone think that there will be any unorthodox strategies underway for the event.

I was thinking mabey JR and the falken guy will intentionally qualify low in order to a good shot at Chris or Tuerck in the top 32 if they qual high?

Or maybe Fredrick(FALKEN) and Kearny(MAXXIS) are the wild cards for next weekend to help out their tire teammates.

Will we see any drivers forfeit battles for the sake of the points chase?

Lets hear what you got?

Yo INFO, Can you edit the title to:

(STRATEGIES) FD Irwindale
    Last edited by Bebop; 10-09-2009, 12:20 AM.

I think everyone is going to go balls out, try to qualify as high as possible, and try to get the win for their sponsors. 2010 is going to be a tough year, and money is going to be hard to come by, so finishing off with a big bang will make an impact, especially since there's more media coverage at irwindale than at any other stop on the series.

Comment

I agree with Slapshot.....Drivers are going out to get theirs and only theirs. I don't think the "team" game will play a big role in Irwindale because every guy on a "team" wants to be the TOP DOG of that team. This might be the best event ever at Irwindale. Can't wait for this.......

I think JR will be wreaking some havoc next weekend, but I think it is wide open. Formula D's list is so deep with competitive drivers that anyone can win this thing.

Sponsored drivers better watch out because there are some independents out there gunning for your spot. SEND IT already!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Comment

Follow the points race in realtime with CKMedia's Championship Points Calculator

The championship will likely be decided in qualifying. Ryan Tuerck must score at least 5 more qualifying points than Chris Forsberg to keep the championship alive into the Round of 32.
        If Forsberg advances out of the 32s, he clinches the championship. If he does not, Tuerck can win the title, but only if he also wins the event. Only Forsberg and Tuerck still have a mathematical shot at the title, but five drivers, including Forsberg and Tuerck, Vaughn Gittin Jr, Samuel Hubinette, and Tyler McQuarrie have a very realistic shot at finishing the year on the championship podium. Forsberg has clinched at least 3rd place in the championship.
        CKMedia has made a calculator in a Microsoft excel spreadsheet. By adding the qualifying points, the calculator will automatically display the points for each of the drivers' progress through each round so listeners can see the championship implications of each tandem result and follow along while listening to the live continuous Internet radio coverage of the event at www.theinsidedrift.com during Friday night qualifying and on www.liveblogradio.com on Saturday during the Round of 32 (if the championship is still alive) and from drivers' introductions to the final tandem Saturday night..
        As each of the drivers is eliminated, circle his score and you will have his final point total to compare with the others as they move on. You'll know the point totals, and be able to project the championship possibilities, and calculate the point totals with each tandem.
        Go here to download the Irwindale Points Calculator in xls format.

Comment

Jesus H Christ, this is some serious shiot lol!

Nice work Mediaman

I was thinking my self as well "if fors makes top 16 the race for 1st is over"

Comment

How many fans do you guys think really follow the championships? I'd say 80% of the people that's going to be in attendance at Irwindale don't even know who is in the chase for the championships. Most are out there to see some awesome drifting.

Comment

Originally posted by OldSkool510 View Post
              How many fans do you guys think really follow the championships? I'd say 80% of the people that's going to be in attendance at Irwindale don't even know who is in the chase for the championships. Most are out there to see some awesome drifting.
              Its probably less then that

But seriously, awesome drifting at some point will get old to some of these guys and the sport is going to need something to keep they're fans interested....and the sponsors lol

Comment

i'm excited about the official unofficial early entry contest dealy championship thingy mabob.

Comment

That's true. I was trying to be politically correct if you know what I mean. Only the heavily sponsored teams have a realistic chance of actually winning the championships. The independents of FD cannot afford to travel to all the events to keep up in the point standings and there are some good independent drivers out there, too.

Something does need to be done to keep everyone, fans and sponsors, interested in drifting. Right now, it's more like an exhibition or county fair, that comes to town. You are only interested in it when it's right here in your own backyard. Right?

I think TV coverage (not delayed after the series is over) will enable people to actually follow the championship series more closely. Right now, fans have to search for themselves on updates on the current standings. As for myself, I get all the updates on this forum and Formula D's forum. Personally, I consider myself more than just a casual fan and I, too, have to search for everything with regards to drifting.

I am not into NASCAR at all, but I know who is leading the series and can name about 10 drivers. Why? Because all that stuff is thrown at you when watching TV.

If anyone can take drifting to that level, it will be FORMULA D. I am sure FD has something up their sleeve.

Comment

PHP Code:
                    I think TV coverage (not delayed after the series is overwill enable people to actually follow the championship series more closelyRight nowfans have to search for themselves on updates on the current standings. As for myselfI get all the updates on this forum and Formula D's forum. Personally, I consider myself more than just a casual fan and I, too, have to search for everything with regards to drifting. 
                    Real time updates are always available on our site in the standings link. The TV show started airing just after the mid-point not after the season ends.

Comment

[QUOTE=OldSkool510;235195]That's true. I was trying to be politically correct if you know what I mean. Only the heavily sponsored teams have a realistic chance of actually winning the championships. The independents of FD cannot afford to travel to all the events to keep up in the point standings and there are some good independent drivers out there, too.

what do you mean they cant make it???

kyle mohan
                      joon maeng
                      mike essa
                      jeff jones
                      tommy suell

all have made it to every single round with little to no assistance except for their credit cards and friends/family helping out

Comment

Originally posted by Formula D View Post
                        PHP Code:
                        I think TV coverage (not delayed after the series is overwill enable people to actually follow the championship series more closelyRight nowfans have to search for themselves on updates on the current standings. As for myselfI get all the updates on this forum and Formula D's forum. Personally, I consider myself more than just a casual fan and I, too, have to search for everything with regards to drifting. 
                        Real time updates are always available on our site in the standings link. The TV show started airing just after the mid-point not after the season ends.
                        You are missing my point. You would attract more casual fans if it was live or less of a delay. You already have me and the rest of the guys on this forum, but it's those fans that don't peruse forums that you need to try to get on this drifting bandwagon. That way the fan base of drifting can grow. You would actually have more people following the point standings and increase the interest in the chase for the championship. I know you guys are trying to do what you can and applaud you on your efforts. That's what I said in my previous post.

Comment

[QUOTE=deadpirate;235204]
                          Originally posted by OldSkool510 View Post

what do you mean they cant make it???

kyle mohan
                          joon maeng
                          mike essa
                          jeff jones
                          tommy suell

all have made it to every single round with little to no assistance except for their credit cards and friends/family helping out

That's only 5 out of the how many independents out there? Maybe I should have said "most" independents can't make it out on a regular basis in order to compete for the championships.

FD should acknowledge and commend these 5 guys for making all the events in this economy. Maybe a little registration discount or something. lol These guys helps prevent a "diluted" version of FD.

I will be rooting for these guys this weekend in Irwindale. Personally, I think 4out 5 have a legitimate shot at a podium finish. I also think ESSA will be a force in the upcoming seasons.

Comment

Working...
                          X