my 86 fc rx7 wont pass emmisions

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• my 86 fc rx7 wont pass emmisions

my car is a 1986 rx7 with a 13b n/a about two months ago my stock gxl 86 engine gave out i found a engine and i bought it the engine was off a gtu n/a im guessing s5 i used all the s3 manifold vacumm hoses fuel rail etc so i just got the s5 block my stock s3 had a egr vavle but the s5 motor does not so i had the vacumm hose coverred once i get the smog pump and the kats will i pass with out the egr vavle they have tolld me there is no way and one guy told me to get a 82 corvettte smog pump? what should i do?????

When it comes to passing smog, especially in CA (as I don't know what state you're in), you have to pass the visual and the sniff test.

The EGR (Exhaust Gas Recirculation) valve is responsible for injecting exhaust (inert gas) back into the combustion chamber to lower the overall compression ratio and to reduce combustion temperatures. Essentially, it lowers NOx levels.

The catalytic converters are responsible for burning off any excess HCs (raw fuel).

The smog pump further helps this 'secondary' burn as it injects fresh air into the exhaust manifold(s).

Bottom line, you're going to need all the components to legally pass smog.

Comment

pay for the inspection sticker. or show up with your rex almost empty on gas

Comment

Working...
      X