ad

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

ma-motorsports 2010 Formula D Mustang: with a twist.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• ma-motorsports 2010 Formula D Mustang: with a twist.

Brian Wilkerson of ma-motorsports is assaulting the 2010 season in a fresh chassis, a ford mustang. here are the initial tear down / build up shots. keep checking back for updates!

These parts are for sure at the shop or in the works, or on the way...

MDP 3rd link
    MDP Rear Lower Control Arms
    MDP Steering knuckles
    Custom ZEAL coilovers im getting 2nd hand.
    FRPP T2 Diff
    4:10 rear gear
    and some more to be decided

for power ill be most likely running a turbo. Maybe rear mount, maybe front mount, maybe twin, hell maybe a blower. Whatever it is it will be on the stock 3v motor as its already there and has pretty low mileage.

Originally we were going to try and use the oem chassis and engine harness, or maybe just the engine harness, but it just seems very complicated, especially since the car is an auto and the harnesses are all different from what ive gathered. We will be race wiring the entire car and converting it to a standard throttle body and throttle cable set up instead of drive by wire. Then we will be most likely use an Electromotive ECU.

This is how the car looks as of now...

Up on jack stands awaiting some base plates and cage work!

all the front end removed. Pretty sure im going to put a 2010 front end on it. Hopefully i can get those parts sooner than later.

here she is again. I cut the rear "speaker deck" out and it just shows how HUGE the inside of this car is once everything is out. It reminds me a lot of the SC we built awhile ago....

The cage is all done less a couple gussets ill weld in soon. I wanted to keep it simple.

And we started fitting the 2010 front end. It needed a new core support as none of that lines up with anything. The fenders fit ok, but not that well at the door.... its obvious they were meant to be there. Im still not sure how much work we will put into making them fit the door line but we shall see.

Step 1: Cut out the oem core support...

Step 2: start making our own core support!...

Hopefully get some more work on the front end done tomorrow night. next would be finishing the core support, which is really just 2 uprights down to the frame rails. Then make some headlight brackets and figure out bumper mounting also.

Im going to pull the mounts off my oem 3v engine and bolt them up to this Terminator motor i have and see how that fits. With tubular long tube headers im going to need a custom steering shaft/ column setup which id like to do anyway.

dashboard work done!

Last edited by Coiloverkid; 11-27-2009, 12:51 AM.

but is it going to stay.

Comment

LOL wut?......

Comment

When I read the title I was like. I bet they put an sr in it.

hahaha.

You guys should make an sr v8. o wait.....

Comment

this is going to look so wierd!!!! expecting a big ROAR when u get a big BAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAHHHHHHHHHHHHHH!!!!!!!!!!!! hahahahha

Comment

That has to be one of the stupidest engine swaps ever!

You know he probably did that out of spite, considering all the domestic V8 swaps into import cars.

Comment

Are you serious? You're just kidding, right? RIGHT?!!!!

Comment

JR will be displeased.

Comment

I would have done a 1j or a 20b turbo

SRs are more boring then any V8

Comment

haha, cmon guys. This was a joke. This car will have a DOHC Ford V8 in it come spring time and be ready for the track.

Comment

Hey it looks like gullible is written on the side of the car 3rd picture down too!

Comment

So, I check back and the pictures have been changed. HAHA.

Comment

haha yeah. it was for joke's sake.

I will however be updating this thread with build pics and stuff for Brian so you can all keep track of how things are progressing! i'm redo'ing the first post to be chronological!
                          Last edited by Coiloverkid; 11-27-2009, 12:41 AM.

Comment

Whew! For a second there I was worried you were actually going to build a Tokyo Drift Mustang.

Comment

I just thought of something as I see on this car and it also pertains to my car. Do you have to run front inner fenders? With the battery tray and related sheet-metal is GONE on my 240, can I run without it?

<edit> Nevermind, found my answer. Looks like I don't have to.
                              Last edited by Justin Banner; 11-29-2009, 06:08 PM.

Comment

Working...
                              X