PDA

View Full Version : (10 FREE TICKETS) FORMULA D "LONG BEACH" April 9th - 10th 2010

INFO
01-04-2010, 11:15 AM
http://drifting.com/techday12.jpg

FORMULA D LONG BEACH April 8th - 9th 2010
FORMULA DRIFT LONG BEACH April 8th - 9th 2010

Please tell us why you deserve a free ticket.
Example; Why do you want to go? What are you looking forward to?

Old Ticket Contest Thread for reference;
http://www.drifting.com/forums/general-chat-drifting-discussion-news-and-site-updates/27527-10-free-tickets-formula-d-irwindale-october-16th-17th-2009-a.html

Bebop
01-04-2010, 02:24 PM
will these be GA or assigned seats?

INFO
01-04-2010, 02:36 PM
3 Pairs of reserved, the remaining 4 will be GA since they reserved seats are limited

EverythingDrift
01-05-2010, 05:11 PM
So ealry on getting it up? :) Make sure ya sticky it or it will get lost.

stedriftward
01-05-2010, 05:46 PM
Why do I wanna go?
Too see the hottest door to door action in the world! Not to mention I eat, sleep, and dream of drifting...Wish I could afford to do it:( There is nothing like the smell of burnt rubber in the morning! And the quest for black boogers when I get home:eek:

What am I looking forward to seeing?
Conrad's Camaro, Robbie Nashida's GTR, Forrest and his Wang in the Vert Lexus!!! NEED I SAY MORE:D

Wait a minute.....I don't want to see Forrest's wang!! Scratch that!

Amanda
01-06-2010, 10:54 PM
I want to go see drifting and smell all the different types of tires fly everywhere. I also want to see hot models and hot guy drifters!

Umm.. I am looking forward to seeing Taka, Ross, Robbie, JR, Forsbery, Wang, Joon, Pattty cakes, Calvin, Tanner :P, and all the other awesome drifters.

Bebop
01-06-2010, 11:39 PM
Ummm...

Can I get my seats next to her?

Just puting it out there.

lol jp

I want to see the guys on my avatar

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v600/blazeone/IMG_4590copy.jpg
Bling Blow

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v600/blazeone/08.jpg
Red rings of death, eff video games....3 rotors of brap brap brap

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v600/blazeone/14.jpg
JTP is like the only white kid at school who can dance... you know... thaaaat kid!!!

Why Bergenholtz??

Because they are the only team who makes me do this

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v600/blazeone/1206163662767.gif

Sk8trfreak
01-15-2010, 03:39 AM
Why do you want to go?
I would like to go because I have never really been to a professional race track before. Drifting is the most amazing type of racing out there and being able to go would be a chance in a lifetime for me. I have also never been to California and that in itself just going there would make a dream come true.

What are you looking forward to?
I am looking forward to being able to go see some of the best drift racers in the world, taking their cars to the limits while sliding around turns by ripping the e brake and utilizing the clutch and gas pedal in a way that allows them to keep in control of their car going around a corner while being just inches away from their opponents. Hearing the roar of the engines that would fill the stadium causing, i am sure everyone's, heart's to beat faster as your adrenaline just goes nuts.

INFO
01-28-2010, 11:47 PM
February is coming us there are about 6-8 weeks left until this contest is closed.

INFO
02-03-2010, 01:18 AM
So far ticket will be reserved for;

-blaze1
-Amanda

INFO
02-03-2010, 04:21 PM
Remember to get your tickets early because Long Beach SOLD OUT last year

Shadowhuntr
02-03-2010, 05:25 PM
I would love to go because this will be my first opportunity to go to the season opener, I have had to work all the previous years. My drift car is down right now and it has got me really depressed, it's the only damn thing I think about. If I were able to go then it might provide me with a tiny fraction of happiness in an otherwise cruel and cold world.

hillkill
02-08-2010, 07:42 PM

Why I NEED to go! I'm addicted to drifting. Seriously I'm a drift fiend that needs his fix! Long Beach and Legal Street Drifting is like the super drug that I need so bad. The aroma of Falken, Maxxis, Nitto, Hankook, Toyo and Cooper tires burning is what heightens my senses and fuels my fire to compete there next year. And since I've been to every Long beach event so far it could be detrimental to my health if I go cold turkey this year. You know foaming at the mouth going around humping models legs looking for where that next scent of burnt rubber will come. Trust me it's not a pretty sight but it will happen if you don't stop it!

What i will definitely look forward too will be my teammate Mike Essa with his new ride along with Forrest finally competing in FD. I cant wait to see everyone with their new rides competing in one if not the most entertaining and competitive motorsports in the world! Plus all the crashes! Not that I wish anyone would crash but that if it happens I love seeing the carnage to recreation that the teams have perfected so well. I'd really love to see Joon do well too cause last year he had one of the craziest runs i've ever seen but he wasn't able to finish it. Maybe this year he will! Not to mention that the level of drifting will be even higher than every year before. Which i just can't miss! The progression in FD is just unbelievable!

So please help this true drift fiend out unless you want to see me at one of the gates shaking, convulsing, and foaming at the mouth waiting to see some gangsta drift action.

PS. I've crashed my cars more times than Fd has been to Long beach so I'm certifiably broke too. :)

INFO
02-08-2010, 10:17 PM

Why I NEED to go! I'm addicted to drifting. Seriously I'm a drift fiend that needs his fix! Long Beach and Legal Street Drifting is like the super drug that I need so bad. The aroma of Falken, Maxxis, Nitto, Hankook, Toyo and Cooper tires burning is what heightens my senses and fuels my fire to compete there next year. And since I've been to every Long beach event so far it could be detrimental to my health if I go cold turkey this year. You know foaming at the mouth going around humping models legs looking for where that next scent of burnt rubber will come. Trust me it's not a pretty sight but it will happen if you don't stop it!

What i will definitely look forward too will be my teammate Mike Essa with his new ride along with Forrest finally competing in FD. I cant wait to see everyone with their new rides competing in one if not the most entertaining and competitive motorsports in the world! Plus all the crashes! Not that I wish anyone would crash but that if it happens I love seeing the carnage to recreation that the teams have perfected so well. I'd really love to see Joon do well too cause last year he had one of the craziest runs i've ever seen but he wasn't able to finish it. Maybe this year he will! Not to mention that the level of drifting will be even higher than every year before. Which i just can't miss! The progression in FD is just unbelievable!

So please help this true drift fiend out unless you want to see me at one of the gates shaking, convulsing, and foaming at the mouth waiting to see some gangsta drift action.

PS. I've crashed my cars more times than Fd has been to Long beach so I'm certifiably broke too. :)

nice post from an OG member, we got you down for a ticket

markyd0s
02-11-2010, 09:18 PM
Damn I cant wait for FD LONG BEACH for the past couple of years ive been going to this event and it gets better and better all the time. My expectations are met and surpassed every year. The cars, drifting, and crashing get more exciting everytime to bad I cant say that about the models but oh well you cant win them all . Im looking forward to seing all the drivers get sick with it in LB and seing all the new cars get down like Conrads Camaro, Nishidas r35 and Essa's BMW. I wanna see my favorites like Vaughn Gittin Jr, Justin Pawlak, Sam Hubinette, Matt Powers tear up the streets of Long Beach with some Gangster a$$ drifting. I wanna enjoy all this with some bad sun burns(its always hot and sunny at FD LB), a beer in my hand and some free tickets from drifting.com. Make it happen. THANKS.

markyd0s
02-16-2010, 08:40 PM
Tickets please!!!

INFO
02-16-2010, 09:06 PM
Tickets please!!!

We will put you down since you hit us up early while the others who had asked for tickets are lagging.

markyd0s
02-16-2010, 11:05 PM
Hell yea!! :)

DataXUnknown
02-17-2010, 10:03 PM
:)

I want to go to Formula D to see all of the insane drifting action. I've been a big fan of drifting since the year 2000. I'm a true genuine drift guy, not some fanboy or parents give me money kid. Everything is me, my money, I've worked hard for everything I have/had. Here is the unlucky, feel sorry for me and give me formula d tickets please, story that I will make brief.

Bought a Toyota Cressida as my first car, planned a 1JZ swap drift monster. Car was stolen and found beat to crap, stripped of audio equipment and wheels/brakes.

Then, bought an S13, single cam motor blew after a month of ownership, swapped the SR in myself had lots of practice, then blew the SR. Swapped in a single cam and the entire car was stripped before I even got to drive it again.

Soon after the S13 was stripped my license, expired. 2 days later, I had a notice of a 6 month suspension on my license due to too many speeding tickets in under a year.

So here I sit, with my car being stripped from my life, then my license being taken away (out of my own stupidity though) therefore not being able to keep a steady job or go to school. Yet here I am trying to grasp my drifting grassroots and keep up on events, seeing the intense door to door action in person. I live down the street from Rhys Millen's shop too :)

Then there is my girlfriend who wants to see my world, my passion for cars and drifting. This event is the perfect chance to show her what I want to do and my goals for drifting. To be honest I would ask for 2 tickets because I will be bringing my girlfriend, but I don't want to push my luck.

And some pictures to help support my tragic car life story-
http://img691.imageshack.us/img691/9479/cressida.jpg
http://img40.imageshack.us/img40/9185/i3387.jpg
http://zilvia.net/f/gallery-image-3389-1259402073.html
http://zilvia.net/f/gallery-image-3385-1259402010.html

The link to the gallery of my s13 from Zilvia.net (http://zilvia.net/f/gallery-438.html)
-Wes

INFO
02-17-2010, 10:15 PM
:)

I want to go to Formula D to see all of the insane drifting action. I've been a big fan of drifting since the year 2000. I'm a true genuine drift guy, not some fanboy or parents give me money kid. Everything is me, my money, I've worked hard for everything I have/had. Here is the unlucky, feel sorry for me and give me formula d tickets please, story that I will make brief.

Bought a Toyota Cressida as my first car, planned a 1JZ swap drift monster. Car was stolen and found beat to crap, stripped of audio equipment and wheels/brakes.

Then, bought an S13, single cam motor blew after a month of ownership, swapped the SR in myself had lots of practice, then blew the SR. Swapped in a single cam and the entire car was stripped before I even got to drive it again.

Soon after the S13 was stripped my license, expired. 2 days later, I had a notice of a 6 month suspension on my license due to too many speeding tickets in under a year.

So here I sit, with my car being stripped from my life, then my license being taken away (out of my own stupidity though) therefore not being able to keep a steady job or go to school. Yet here I am trying to grasp my drifting grassroots and keep up on events, seeing the intense door to door action in person. I live down the street from Rhys Millen's shop too :)

Then there is my girlfriend who wants to see my world, my passion for cars and drifting. This event is the perfect chance to show her what I want to do and my goals for drifting. To be honest I would ask for 2 tickets because I will be bringing my girlfriend, but I don't want to push my luck.

And some pictures to help support my tragic car life story-
http://img691.imageshack.us/img691/9479/cressida.jpg
http://img40.imageshack.us/img40/9185/i3387.jpg
http://zilvia.net/f/gallery-image-3389-1259402073.html
http://zilvia.net/f/gallery-image-3385-1259402010.html

The link to the gallery of my s13 from Zilvia.net (http://zilvia.net/f/gallery-438.html)
-Wes

well put you down! but only 4 post in over 5 years? Come on!

DataXUnknown
02-18-2010, 10:33 AM
:) Thanks! I appreciate it a lot.

Usually I'm just kinda lookin' around, browsing the shop (one of my friends makes a lot of the clothing-ParLe), etc. But I will be sure to do my part and contribute to the drifting.com forums!

INFO
02-18-2010, 10:57 AM
:) Thanks! I appreciate it a lot.

Usually I'm just kinda lookin' around, browsing the shop (one of my friends makes a lot of the clothing-ParLe), etc. But I will be sure to do my part and contribute to the drifting.com forums!

thank you!

termy
02-20-2010, 11:32 AM
I want to go because I want to see Sam Hubinette make an awesome appearance of his new car.

My buddy is a fan of his too...but recently I noticed him get annoyed at how much I enjoyed his charger when he barely even used it. So I decided to buy 20 hot wheels scale models of the car and put them all over his desk along with a picture of me next to the real one at fd 2yrs ago...Can't wait to find the challenger this year :]

it's going to be a good year with all these new cars on the grid

markyd0s
02-21-2010, 01:33 AM
I want to go because I want to see Sam Hubinette make an awesome appearance of his new car.

My buddy is a fan of his too...but recently I noticed him get annoyed at how much I enjoyed his charger when he barely even used it. So I decided to buy 20 hot wheels scale models of the car and put them all over his desk along with a picture of me next to the real one at fd 2yrs ago...Can't wait to find the challenger this year :]

I say we have a winner here

termy
02-22-2010, 04:52 PM
woooooooooo :D

INFO
02-22-2010, 04:57 PM

do you have a photo of that desk?

INFO
02-25-2010, 03:22 PM
we will not be assigning any more tickets our photo shoot on March 27th

EFGiggles
03-02-2010, 01:41 PM
so i am really looking forward to going to Formula D this year... i have so many great memories from last year i can't wait to top em off with the ones from this year! i am very excited to see Cyrus Martinez who just turned pro compete this year! i also wanna see Mike Essa with his V10 BMW! and Joon with the Bergenholtz RX8! i didn't get a chance to go to Long Beach last year, but Irwindale has got me addicted to drifting, since Irwindale i have taken a drift 101 class. the experience was SOOOO much better than the initial D arcade game! ;) haha
this is my first time going to long beach for a Formula D event and i have heard so much about the course, i hear it's gonna be pretty good to watch the rookies try and conquer turn 1... hehe
and as always it is exciting to watch the pro-am competition, you never know i might actually be going out there to compete for MY license next year! i will also be trying to bribe the girls handing out the tickets with limited edition Hello Kitty stickers to make the line move a little faster for me :p!
i will also be stopping be the drifting.com booth to pick up some of the new shirts!

Sebring
03-02-2010, 06:27 PM
Why do I want to go? Formula D in Irwindale, 2007 was the first drifting event I ever attended. I took my dad with me and he also had a good time. I'd like to take my dad up there every year, but money is tight right now for both of us.

I'm excited to see all the new cars for this year, along with some underdog drivers that finally got major sponsors. It's only a 2 and a half hour drive from where I live and it's fun seeing booth babes being ignored.

D1 DRIFTER
03-03-2010, 12:02 PM
can i haz 2 tickets for long beach for my pops and little brother! im sure im late to this party but sorry my vanputer died!

INFO
03-03-2010, 12:05 PM
can i haz 2 tickets for long beach for my pops and little brother! im sure im late to this party but sorry my vanputer died!

We might be about to set you up with at least 1 ticket!
+ 1 for being a member since 03!!!

INFO
03-08-2010, 07:24 PM
The few remaining tickets will be assigned during our "photo day"

If any of the winners do not confirm on time then there is still a chance to win.

Remember this event takes place in about 1 months so entering early helps.

Dori Star
03-08-2010, 10:00 PM
i would like two tickets because i'm og drifting.com

3 240s
1 86
2 cressidas
2 impreza conversions

all wrecked for the love of this sport.. HAHHAHAHA

AtomikJDM
03-09-2010, 12:36 AM
To be brutally honest, I am fairly new to the drift scene. The first experience I had with drifting was (embarrassingly enough) while playing Mario Kart way back in the day. Of course back then I had no idea what it was. I just figured it was something they put in the game to make it a little different. Little did I know that they were imitating (what is in my mind) the most amazing sport ever.
I recently have come to discover the true nature of the sport (with a little help from a certain movie *cough cough* F+F 3) and have not been able to take my mind off of it since. Whether I'm at school or hanging out with my friends, I'm always envisioning epic tandem battles on some old abandoned mountain road between two experienced drivers with amazing drift machines. I've never been to a drift event before but the more I learn, see movies, see pictures, and read articles about the sport, the more I desire to go to one.
I'm not saying just because I've said all of this, I deserve a ticket more than any other enthusiast of the sport. There are probably many out there that deserve it more than me. But I hope that by reading this you guys can see that I am a person that is very passionate about the sport, and not just some freeloader who wants tickets. So if I walk away from this with a ticket to possibly the coolest experience of my life, awesome. But if I don't, I completely understand and hope whoever does go has a lot of fun.

INFO
03-09-2010, 01:00 AM
i would like two tickets because i'm og drifting.com

3 240s
1 86
2 cressidas
2 impreza conversion

all wrecked for the love of this sport.. HAHHAHAHA

Dori Star, you are Super OG so we will see what we can do.
BTW, do you have any photos of those wrecks?

INFO
03-09-2010, 01:01 AM
To be brutally honest, I am fairly new to the drift scene. The first experience I had with drifting was (embarrassingly enough) while playing Mario Kart way back in the day. Of course back then I had no idea what it was. I just figured it was something they put in the game to make it a little different. Little did I know that they were imitating (what is in my mind) the most amazing sport ever.
I recently have come to discover the true nature of the sport (with a little help from a certain movie *cough cough* F+F 3) and have not been able to take my mind off of it since. Whether I'm at school or hanging out with my friends, I'm always envisioning epic tandem battles on some old abandoned mountain road between two experienced drivers with amazing drift machines. I've never been to a drift event before but the more I learn, see movies, see pictures, and read articles about the sport, the more I desire to go to one.
I'm not saying just because I've said all of this, I deserve a ticket more than any other enthusiast of the sport. There are probably many out there that deserve it more than me. But I hope that by reading this you guys can see that I am a person that is very passionate about the sport, and not just some freeloader who wants tickets. So if I walk away from this with a ticket to possibly the coolest experience of my life, awesome. But if I don't, I completely understand and hope whoever does go has a lot of fun.

Please check back in case we have an opening

Dori Star
03-09-2010, 09:15 AM
Dori Star, you are Super OG so we will see what we can do.
BTW, do you have any photos of those wrecks?

http://i250.photobucket.com/albums/gg251/jxdizzleftw/l_4a000f252c29bab743bbcedb8a04817e.jpg

http://i250.photobucket.com/albums/gg251/jxdizzleftw/m_0fdc0e68834eff1b926fc15cfe67ab3c.jpg

http://i250.photobucket.com/albums/gg251/jxdizzleftw/m_482a0a9625653e2ca72a3f860214618b.jpg

http://i250.photobucket.com/albums/gg251/jxdizzleftw/m_fd4233631e1c4366c495b9eb5bec4822.jpg

http://i250.photobucket.com/albums/gg251/jxdizzleftw/m_5378db8cfdcfba0982cd7db8bdb7ac7a.jpg

http://i250.photobucket.com/albums/gg251/jxdizzleftw/m_7f39e241cdb5a921c25a4cf2b10554b6.jpg

http://i250.photobucket.com/albums/gg251/jxdizzleftw/m_2ad02b86ef524af3b587340bf75c0da2.jpg
:(

Bebop
03-09-2010, 09:15 AM
will i be getting 2 assigned tickets or 1

if not let me know what I gotta do to earn another

I'm trying to fly my boy from San Jose for this ish!

INFO
03-09-2010, 10:08 AM
will i be getting 2 assigned tickets or 1

if not let me know what I gotta do to earn another

I'm trying to fly my boy from San Jose for this ish!

right now only 1, we need to see how many winners confirm.

AtomikJDM
03-17-2010, 05:54 PM
Have all the winners confirmed yet?

INFO
03-17-2010, 11:09 PM
Have all the winners confirmed yet?

No, the winners will be notified by the 29th.

INFO
03-22-2010, 10:20 AM
We do not have enough tickets so we need to narrow this list down.
The fastest way is to make sure the everyone who entered this contents is still going
so please confirm via Private Message by THIS Friday.

1 blaze1 (1 Ticket for now..)
2 stedriftward (Post More)
3 Amanda
4 Sk8trfreak (Post More) New Member
5 Shadowhuntr (Post More)
6 hillkill
7 markyd0s
8 DataXUnknown
9 termy (Post More)
10 EFGiggles
11 Sebring (Post More)
12 D1 DRIFTER (1 Ticket for now..)
13 Dori Star
14 AtomikJDM

INFO
03-27-2010, 12:47 AM
The first confirmation cutoff is over.

dr1ft3r330
03-27-2010, 07:57 PM
Is it too late to sign up?

Dori Star
03-27-2010, 11:23 PM
so how do we know if we got them?

INFO
03-27-2010, 11:28 PM
so how do we know if we got them?

you will be getting one, we will send you a confirmation next week.

DataXUnknown
03-29-2010, 01:18 AM
What does it mean if our name is bolded on that list?

INFO
03-29-2010, 10:04 AM
What does it mean if our name is bolded on that list?

It means that if you confirmed on time then you are getting at ticket.

markyd0s
03-29-2010, 11:19 AM
Patiently waiting for my confirmation

Bebop
03-29-2010, 08:36 PM
i would really...really like a second ticket.

INFO
03-29-2010, 08:53 PM
i would really...really like a second ticket.

you deserve a 2nd ticket for signing autographs and taking photos with your fans on Saturday

please PM your guest's name

Bebop
03-29-2010, 10:37 PM
I am still a bit star struck from all the support I got from the different FD employees, team owners, and fellow hardcore fans.

Thank you drifting.com for giving me the chance of meeting them all!

I'm currently working on that project I mentioned.

INFO
03-31-2010, 04:37 PM
The contest is NOW closed

girlie ninja
03-31-2010, 11:29 PM
I wanna go so I can see all the hottie boys =P Just kidding! Drifting is amazing and Long Beach is one of the best events of the season! <33

Slapshotnerd
04-01-2010, 09:43 AM
i met blaze1.

I approve this message.

INFO
04-02-2010, 11:36 AM
AtomikJDM
hillkill
DataXUnknown
Dori Star

We need your full names by today

INFO
04-02-2010, 12:04 PM
I am still a bit star struck from all the support I got from the different FD employees, team owners, and fellow hardcore fans.

Thank you drifting.com for giving me the chance of meeting them all!

I'm currently working on that project I mentioned.

thanks for autographing the flyer and meeting the staff, this made their day

INFO
04-02-2010, 04:13 PM
AtomikJDM
hillkill
DataXUnknown
Dori Star

We need your full names by today

waiting on 2 more members...

Dori Star
04-02-2010, 05:19 PM
you've been pm'd!!!

INFO
04-02-2010, 05:23 PM
waiting on one member..

INFO
04-02-2010, 05:51 PM
Everyone responded! All done!

INFO
04-05-2010, 01:12 PM
Dori Star and Blaze1

You both have reserved tickets for you and one guest.

Two other members have reserved tickets, we will confirm this soon.
The other 4 members won general tickets.

Dori Star
04-06-2010, 02:17 PM
why thank you. see you at the event.

INFO
04-06-2010, 11:50 PM
Patiently waiting for my confirmation

you are on the list

INFO
04-08-2010, 11:28 PM
The tickets are at Will Call.

Drifting.com has two lists; one for staff and one for ticket winners. Please specify that you are a ticket winner.

DataXUnknown
04-09-2010, 07:28 AM
Awesome thank you!

818_sc4
04-09-2010, 01:44 PM
any tix still available??? if so i would like one since it would be my first drift event!!!!