s13 auto to manual

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• s13 auto to manual

i was wondering if anyone knows of a web site or could tell me step by step or pretty close on how to do the auto to manual swap i would appreciate it i think i have an ok idea on how to do it but not completely sure. any info would help thanks.

step 1 sell your auto equiped car
    Step 2 get a 5 speed car...
    sorry to say this will be the cheepest way to do it

Comment

depends on what his deffinition of cheapest is.

I know a guy who just did it, if you use yahoo messanger i could give you his ID.

Comment

DONT DO IT!!! its back luck. my and my buddy did his s13 about a month ago and the same weekend we finished it he threw a rod!... its bad juju for real. no but seriously, its not too hard... but then again if you have no clue what you're doin it will take you a while. any questions pm me.

Comment

You can do it. But if you're going to do it, you need to do it right. Find a list of everything that sets the manual and auto apart (ziliva I think has the list). It's not just the tranny you're gonna be swapping.

Comment

A donor car is your best bet because everything will be there.

Comment

personally... i had a friend awhile back who went to a shop and did an engine swap in his civic...they charged him around an extra 300 for a auto-man conversion... which isnt much when ur doing a $$$ swap anyway...
              (amount of swap+300 for the conv)

hope that might help... if ur gonna do it yourself... good luck... make sure u know what you're doing... hope everything turns out ok
              Last edited by delasoul909; 03-16-2004, 02:05 PM.

Comment

Working...
              X