More starting wooes

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• More starting wooes

I tried to start up my car and there was this kind of screaming sound coming from under the hood, I popped the hood and it was coming from the starter(i think). I jump started it and went to my destination. When i got back in the car it would not start up, just clicked. Any ideas? I think its the starter, but i replaced it like 7 months ago. The battery is a 1 month old Optima red top.

Screaming, like a loose belt? If you dont find out what it is, i can have you come into autotec and we can take a look at it. Try replacing th starter, it should have some kind of warrenty if its only 7 months old.

Comment

I would get a replacement, BUT it is in Orange County and I owe the shop(i used to work there) about $500 that i not going to pay. The sound was more like a high pitched whine then a scream, sounds are difficult to reproduce on the internet.

Comment

starter

go to advanced or carquest or somewhere like that starters are not that expensive. I just replaced mine and I just took one off a twin cam that I had done a swap on and keep parts from it. Do you have any junk yards around there? We have alot and I have found some nice stuff in there.
        http://mtmetzger.home.insightbb.com/s13.html

Comment

Working...
        X