PDA

View Full Version : Music?

NismoPwr
06-28-2003, 10:43 PM
Does anyone listen to music while drifting? If so what? and if you don't listen to music while drifting how about what kind of music while going pretty dam fast?

MrMigs
06-28-2003, 11:22 PM
Dont laugh but I usually listen to Eurobeat when I'm in the mountains or canyons. Well... not ONLY when im in the mountains and canyons. I just like that music.

Either that or..... whatever's on my Tape Deck. Anything but rap... I used to kind of be into that music, I think it sucks now. I find that rap music makes me fall asleep.

josh18_2k
06-29-2003, 01:33 AM
i like to keep the radio off when slidin about. for grip driving (in mountains w/ mr2) i listen to trance. really adds to the mood. trees fly by in the glow of the headlights, 4age screaming, tires wailing.... and trance. not quite that comfortable with the 7 yet (only had it for 2 months). i gotta get outta korea. sigh

WhiteNissanS13
06-29-2003, 10:48 AM
i listen to punk music most of the time anytime, the fast songs really get me going.

SlEePeR-SeNtRa
06-29-2003, 11:08 AM
listen to hardcore screamo like norma jean or hopesfall and sometimes local bands static lullaby

MrMigs
06-29-2003, 11:44 AM
Forgot to mention that I usually turn the volume down when I'm about to go on a run. I just keep it so I can barely hear the music. It's still audible, but not loud enough to cover up the engine and tire sounds... more important to hear those things.

Dori Star
06-29-2003, 04:31 PM
i listen to trance sometimes, but mostly tiger army... it gets me pumped up...

MeGaN_DoRi_X
07-02-2003, 10:02 PM
its all about that one song from initial d... space boy!!! :)

uselessradio
07-09-2003, 10:54 PM
like what i have said before... punk man... or ska...WhiteNissanS13 which bands do you listen to???

4-D Racing
07-31-2003, 09:31 PM
the lion king soundtrack.......circle of life baby!!!!!

J-BloodAE86
07-31-2003, 10:35 PM
its all about the Dropkick Murpheys, Real McKenzies, Flogging Molly, Operation Ivy, Rancid, and the Mad Caddies, and sometimes some old school stuff like the Doors, Led Zepplin, and the stones, thats the ultimate drifting music, but the exhaust note adds to the aural flavor as well:D

JonnySlick
08-01-2003, 05:41 AM
Originally posted by 4-D Racing
the lion king soundtrack.......circle of life baby!!!!!

COPYCAT!

guess you're trying to be like Kosuke Kida or Signal Auto right? yeah i read that article too.

well for me anything with a grinding bass rift is fine. Usually it's Kid Rock, C.O.C, Pantera, Audioslave, or Rage when I'm in a bad mood (30% is hardcore/metal)....Beastie Boys, Nappy Roots, DMX, or Lud. when I'm in a chilln' mood (45% is hip-hop/dirty south)....or if it's late at night in the wee hours some Euro-trash electronica or E dance like Chemical Bros., Dust Bros., Orbital (25% is electronic)

but i have a crazy wide variety of music i like...strange

i even pop in the Prince of Egypt and the O' Brother Where Art Thou sound tracks sometimes...uh yeah don't ask.

BTW: we've had the discussion several times...use the search button more :p

http://www.drifting.com/forums/showthread.php?s=&threadid=208&perpage=15&highlight=*music*&pagenumber=1

http://www.drifting.com/forums/showthread.php?s=&threadid=62&highlight=%2Amusic%2A

J-BloodAE86
08-01-2003, 09:51 AM
Why is he copying Kosuke Kida by listening to Lion King?

And there is a search button?!

JonnySlick
08-01-2003, 10:33 AM
Originally posted by J-BloodAE86
Why is he copying Kosuke Kida by listening to Lion King?

And there is a search button?!

because in that Drifting! mag (rag) that came out a few months ago, there was an article about the drift scene in japan, and they were talking about how Kosuke Kida of Signal Auto had the bad @55 800 hp skyline and he would bump to the Lion King in it....LOL. just find that ironic that 4-D would listen to that same soundtrack on his own with no other motivational factors. :D

anywho, yeah the search button is up above at the top of the page between the "F.A.Q." button and the "Home" button. :)

cheers
:D

J-BloodAE86
08-01-2003, 05:56 PM
ic, lol:D

4-D Racing
08-01-2003, 06:55 PM
Ive been listing to lion king way before Drifting Mag came out. Dont hate man. Simba it the shizz nit.

JonnySlick
08-03-2003, 06:25 AM
ok i believe you :D

TP | sil-beer
08-03-2003, 11:57 AM
sheesh...ill jam anything from death metal to some classical....no country...im not in a chevelle ^^

DRIVE_and_DRIFT
03-27-2004, 04:45 PM
ok I don't really drift in my CRX but I take it to the track but when I am at the track I listen to hard rock and some metal it really gets my blood flow'n but when I am driving around I listen to hard rock, rock'n roll, metal, and techno

Chas
03-27-2004, 05:14 PM
Originally posted by MeGaN_DoRi_X

Oh your back:)

kaneda
03-27-2004, 07:41 PM
gonna getcha, i'm your space boy! wuh-uh-oh-oh!

nedinic
03-27-2004, 09:12 PM
RAP and only rap for me

i guess techno is ok but dont really like it all that much

not many ppl like rap....llolll

o well

peace

s0nny80y
03-31-2004, 06:04 PM
lil jon. yeeeeeah. kidding, i dont drift so i admit it and not pose. but when i do, youd probably hear some twista, busta, or lil jon to keep me awake and on my toes.

Feint
03-31-2004, 08:06 PM
Music...blah..The only radio I ever listen to in any car is the engine.Without the music I find I have a deeper focus.Music takes away some of your concentration whether you realize it or not,I rather not sacrifice any concentration.

GRiDRaceTech
04-01-2004, 11:22 AM
My car has no speakers; speakers add weight.

A 6900rpm straight-six is all the music I need.

TRusst
04-01-2004, 11:46 AM
If I'm just driving around town, sure I'll listen to something. But if I'm driving seriously, I don't listen to anything except for my car.

BL1TZ_W1NG
04-01-2004, 11:59 AM
mostly rock stuff spine shank, static X, lost prophets

but when im alone, i also like busting my atomic groove :p to the initial D sound track

Tsunami
04-01-2004, 05:16 PM
Originally posted by MeGaN_DoRi_X
Lol he11 yeah!! I love that stuff. Unfortunately they don't play anything near close to it on the radio (except Heaven by DJ Sammy. That song is pretty close to the eurobeat sound.) I usually have to flip through channel upon channel of hip hop ghetto crap (except Nelly which for some reason I like), mushy love songs, or twangy country. But my favorite stuff to listen to is Contemporary Christian, Classic/Pop rock, some country, and a little Metallica. When all else fails I just throw in the ZZ Top Tape. (those guys roll in a sweet 34 Ford and Lead Sled Cadzilla with "I ate Tokyo" on the plates). But when I get up on the wheel and really grip hard I turn off the radio so I don't have any distractions. There's a reason they don't put radios in racecars.

nedinic
04-02-2004, 10:54 PM
LIL JONNNN

OOkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkk
YEahhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh

lol thats sweeet hes good tho

Menchi
04-03-2004, 12:13 AM
when I really take my car on the touge and try to drift it in the weee hours of the night I have nothing on but my police scanner, music is way too distracting, but when I am just driving around like a jackas s I play the initail D soundtrack HX-50 got me, I also liked before I got the ID songs, any thing that wasn't too distracting, so trace was normal, but I kept zoning out and almost driving off the road, so I switched to a mix of NFSU songs like the asian dub foundation, and a few others, I don't like rap these days, what happend to the good rap from the 80's someone needs to starts doing that again, and I will not listen to country, tiger army, drop kick, and floggin molly, are some of my favorites, but for the most part it's main stream techno, zombie nation, fluke, chem bros, crystal meth, oakenfold, erg who really cares, what was the point of this thread, I don't really know anymore, oh yea, spaceboy, it's all about spaceboy

Nismo_r34
04-03-2004, 01:41 PM
I listen to anything that has good beat to my ears.

Sly
08-03-2007, 02:16 AM
I like all kinds of music, EXCEPT country. (with the exception of Waylon Jennings)

Cypress Hill
Public Enemy
DJ Teisto
DJ Fritzy
Gorillaz
Citizen Cope
Everlast
Incubus
System of a Down
Static X
Led Zeppelin
Ac/DC
ZZ Top
Waylon Jennings (believe it or not)
Beethoven
Bach

I have 35 Cd's in my car.

FYI - I drive a 1981 Mazda Rx-7 (Supercharged 12A)

Rhoad Racing
08-06-2007, 02:04 PM
Thrash Metal (Slayer, Metallica, Exodus, etc...)