(FEEDBACK) FORMULA DRIFT Atlanta 2010

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• (FEEDBACK) FORMULA DRIFT Atlanta 2010

whats in the rulebook about brake lights? cus didnt daijiro not have working tailights or even tailights at all after his match with d-mac???

"penalties will be issued"

anonymous text

Comment

(FEEDBACK) FORMULA DRIFT Atlanta 2010

Please post your feedback on this thread.

Thank you

Comment

Awesome event. One of the best years here at Atlanta. Props to all of the drivers that where initiating super early and trying to get their cars backwards without spinning (Conrad, Dai, Tanner, Tuerek). Way to step up level of skill on this track and can't wait for number 8 next year.

Thanks Drifting.com for the tickets and being able to come home and watch everything I saw live on the stream is a dream. Loosing the TV deal is the best thing to happen to Formula D from a fans perspective.

Comment

What's driftatlanta without drama.

Comment

Originally posted by blaze1 View Post
            "penalties will be issued"

anonymous text
            His break-light's were working perfectly before D-Mac took out his entire rear. How does that warrant a penalty?

The only penalty that should be issued is to Ken Gushi for pulling a Reggie Miller against Tanner Foust on the second run. I mean come on, he's gonna have drivers following a full car length to avoid that behavior. The judges need to spot that and be more apt to give double zeros.
            Last edited by my 1 88 u; 05-09-2010, 08:18 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by my 1 88 u View Post
              His break-light's were working perfectly before D-Mac took out his entire rear. How does that warrant a penalty?

The only penalty that should be issued is to Ken Gushi for pulling a Reggie Miller against Tanner Foust on the second run. I mean come on, he's gonna have drivers following a full car length to avoid that behavior. The judges need to spot that and be more apt to give double zeros.
              Honestly I got a random text at like 12 in the morning from a 562 number that said

"penalties will be issued, throw this on drifting.com"

I didn't know what he was talking about, thought it was referring to this.

Comment

The question should be: how was Dai allowed to run with no tail lights? How is that 1) safe and 2) fair to the car following him?

Comment

Originally posted by Coiloverkid View Post
                  The question should be: how was Dai allowed to run with no tail lights? How is that 1) safe and 2) fair to the car following him?
                  D-mac caused the damage that took out his entire rear bumper, taillights and trunk. Are you saying he shouldn't have been able to compete even though his car is fully capable? Maybe a new regulation that says every car must have an in-car back window break light installed.
                  Last edited by my 1 88 u; 05-09-2010, 11:57 AM.

Comment

Having lights on the upper cage bar(for verts) or top of rear window to insure working brake lights would be a very good call imo. it was a short comp compared to last year. drama will come any season, but this is issues with damage caused by other drivers.

Comment

Originally posted by my 1 88 u View Post
                      D-mac caused the damage that took out his entire rear bumper, taillights and trunk. Are you saying he shouldn't have been able to compete even though his car is fully capable? Maybe a new regulation that says every car must have an in-car back window break light installed.

In a race if a driver turns you around, the other driver would get black flagged but you don't get your place back. With the amount of breaks in drifting, I say get it fix if not forfeit.

Comment

I think having to fix what other drivers cause is sketch. that would make the teams have to prepare for a lot more work than needed, when they could just add a light bar in the cockpit facing rearward during the preseason prep. I have a hard time when i place myself as a driver that has been hit and now I have to affix some lights on my car within the 5mins that is alotted(iirc) for the repairs to be done to the vehicle.

Comment

psshhh

I dont even think drivers need 5 minutes

This is the only sport where you can take a 5 minute time out during competition to fix your machine and still have the equal opportunity to beat your opponent. Does that sound like motorsports?

I say get rid of the 5 minute rule, if a opponent is at fault of damaging your machine then they should be disqualified no matter if its the 1st run or the 2nd. But then during the break take the opportunity to make full repair to the machine.

With the budgets and support some of these teams are getting, one should be able to take the car back to the mobile pit after the win and get serviced. Get the car jack up and look over everything, put it back down and get staged for the next battle. If you cant make a clean pass without breaking everything you do not have the best/proper machine and don't deserve the win.

Comment

ahh, I read your statement into saying that if driver A hit driver B on the first run Driver B had to fix his car in the alotted 5mins for the second run. But with the clarification, it is very easily done yes.

Comment

I'd like to see decisions made faster. There were several times when it took 10 minutes or more to make a decision. If you can't make a decision within 20 seconds after the end of the run, then call 1-more-time. That only seems fair.

Thankfully, things sped up after top 16... but top 32 and top 16 dragged really bad.

I also didn't understand the point of opening the gates at 10am even though the track didn't go hot until 2pm, and eliminations didn't start until 4p. They should just open gates at 3p, gives media and vendors an opportunity to sleep in

I wish they would have kept the "2 tires off = 0" rule. Cleanup takes too much time, and too many people were dropping tires and then getting back on track because it was only a "minor" deduction from the line judge for dropping 2 tires. I liked the old rule... 1 tire off = big deduction, 2 or more = 0.

I thought the lack of "pace cone" being respected would be an issue, but it doesn't seem like it was when push came to shove, so that's good.

overall the competition was great! Glad to see Dai back on top.

This shoulda been a 0:
                              Last edited by Slapshotnerd; 05-09-2010, 04:45 PM.

Comment

Working...
                              X