Keep Drifting Fun! Is this Fun???

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Keep Drifting Fun! Is this Fun???

<object width="640" height="385"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/qC0bJa3KcPc&amp;hl=en_US&amp;fs=1"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/qC0bJa3KcPc&amp;hl=en_US&amp;fs=1" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="640" height="385"></embed></object>

Is this fun??????????????

Not really in car but more on car.

Comment

Tyler McQ asked for a pace against Dean K, knowing that his car has DOUBLE the horsepower of Dean, and were within .3 mph on their entry speed according to the qualifying speeds (69.4 for T McQ, 69.7 for Dean K). Then, when Dean has a slight lead when initiating, he's penalized.

Petty and Tyler McQ both had problems following Takatori, Petty qualified 1 mph slower than Takatori, and Takatori was 1 mph slower than McQ. But remember, McQ asked for a pace from Dean K, maybe he didn't REALLY need that pace since he came in too hot?!

Eric O'Sullivan and Dai Yoshihara both spun out following Forsberg. Then Eric posts this video on Youtube which clearly shows Forsberg yanking the ebrake and changing his speed by roughly 5-10 mph instantly, forcing Eric to spin.

FD is becoming more and more about tactics, instead of drifting. The front and rear brakelights are a good idea, but if people are pulling the ebrake, it doesn't show up. Also, as the cars exited the bank, the judges couldn't see either front or rear brakelight from the stands.

FD needs to put a stop to this petty crap. Make the drivers drive!!!

Comment

the speeds the judges were recording are end of bank speeds, not entry speeds. I was ebraking at the end of the bank also, it was just to help scrub off some speed so i could make the decreasing radius turn and stay on the proper line. Maybe forsberg was doing the same thing, and not trying to mess up the following driver?

Comment

Originally posted by YOitzJDM View Post
          Then Eric posts this video on Youtube which clearly shows Forsberg yanking the ebrake and changing his speed by roughly 5-10 mph instantly, forcing Eric to spin.
          i dont buy that.
          i agree with above that he was slowing down a tad to get his line set as he came off bank. his brake usuage might have been overdone but damn, he isnt PEFECT either. If you think he has the time to check mirrors and say "whoa dude is charging in, let me brake check him with a 2 second ebrake tug, so he possibly hits me and brakes my car, or takes me into the wall, or spins so I can win," you're reaching IMO. If it was the middle of a constant sweeping turn, this would be a brake check to me, but he was right at the dive point to come off the bank.

I think its possible that Eric could have worried so much about getting close he didnt notice what part of the course he was on- it was time to slow some. He had a 1/2 second judgement error where he got too close and Chris was also happening to adjust right then. Just bad luck on timing to me.

Comment

Honestly it looks like Eric was trying to close the gap and forgot that the infield was soon approaching. Chris had to have slowed down a bit to be able to transition the car.

Comment

4 years ago when FD got english judges and started seriously listening to drivers feedback, FD changed the rules of tandem drifting. The Drivers, The Judges and some of the Fans (myself included) wanted to see a fairer form of competition (aka no passing). So the rules were changed, Lead driver runs his qualifying line while the chase driver mimics it, lead driver becomes a moving clipping point. The problem with that is that qualifying line is not the fastest line, Gangster lines with big angle wall rubbing are very slow.

Here we are 2010 and we are now suffering the side affects of this rule.Seems like half the field is accusing someone of being a slow driver, brake checking, cheating, etc etc. When really its a matter of a driver being used to braking or staying on the throttle through a portion of the course while another driver does not. If Eric did a good scouting report he would know that's where Fors applied the E brake on the course. Shoot ask Tyler, he suffered victim to the same exact thing in 2009 against Fors (his incident was worst imo).

You want keep this from happening? FD needs to go old school (coughD1cough), and make drivers run tight, fast, and defensive/offensive lines in tandem. Yes this will equate to some drivers getting passed. But with the quality judges we have today, its just a matter of the American drifting teams and audience to man up and realize the driver who got passed did not follow the line depicted in the drivers meeting.

As far as Tyler asking for a pace cone, there is something wrong with his car it looks like. Hes not getting any traction coming from the start. 700 HP ain't nothing if you cant get the car moving forward. Its obvious he is not happy with the car right now. I think they should change the rules that the higher qualifying driver gets to choose pace cone or not, this seems fair since the higher qualifying drivers are "faster" then the lower ones. And this message needs to be relayed to the fans so they know whats going on.

it aint much but thats my 2cent

Comment

Originally posted by blaze1 View Post
                As far as Tyler asking for a pace cone, there is something wrong with his car it looks like. Hes not getting any traction coming from the start. 700 HP ain't nothing if you cant get the car moving forward. Its obvious he is not happy with the car right now. I think they should change the rules that the higher qualifying driver gets to choose pace cone or not, this seems fair since the higher qualifying drivers are "faster" then the lower ones. And this message needs to be relayed to the fans so they know whats going on.

it aint much but thats my 2cent
                Tyler qualified higher. Does that justify the fact that he asked for a pace? In order for a turbo'd 4cyl car to keep up with a 700hp v8 car, he has to build boost quickly off the line and stay in boost the whole time. If the pace cone is halfway down the back stretch, the N/A car can play games and not allow the turbo'd car to build boost until then, effectively cutting the acceleration area in half (if not less). This would be a HUGE advantage for the V8 car, since the V8 cars build 2/3 of their power and torque before 3k RPM's. If I knew that I was driving against a 4cyl turbo car, and I had a v8, I'd ask for a pace every time, blame the "lack of traction off the line", then blow the other driver away from the pace cone on. That's EXACTLY what the pace cone was designed TO PREVENT!!!

The lower HP car is the one who should be allowed to request the pace. Everyone knows that ALL SR20 cars have less power than ALL of the V8 cars, and especially when it comes to leaving the line. If the V8 cars are spinning their tires off the line, it's their own damn fault for the setup they are running. Falken could easily build a 450 - 500 hp motor for the Z and still be competitive, but instead, they went for the huge HP numbers so that Tyler has power on demand (aka can play silly games like this).

ugh.

If this continues, the sport will be ruined.

Comment

Dean had a gap on tylers on his lead lap?

Comment

Originally posted by YOitzJDM View Post

If this continues, the sport will be ruined.

hahah

sitting here with some LOL.

Comment

Originally posted by techtrix View Post
                      the speeds the judges were recording are end of bank speeds, not entry speeds. I was ebraking at the end of the bank also, it was just to help scrub off some speed so i could make the decreasing radius turn and stay on the proper line. Maybe forsberg was doing the same thing, and not trying to mess up the following driver?
                      I think I'm going to listen to someone who actually drove the course on the same day.

Comment

Dean had a gap on tylers on his lead lap?
                        Yes.

Tyler asked Dean to give him a pace cone on his lead. Dean said that he didn't think he needed a pace cone since they had almost the exact same speed at the exit of the bank in qualifying. Dean and Tyler were pretty even up to the cone, dean was clearly going full throttle. Tyler dropped 5-7 car lengths back before initiation, and J-rod mentioned that they wanted to see the cars closer together on initiation, and since Tyler had requested a pace cone beforehand, Dean would be punished for it.

Beyond that, Dean and Tyler had a very close and contentious first run, so Dean "not giving a pace to Tyler" was likely the only reason he lost.

Comment

So was Dean full throttle after the pace cone or before? If it was before thats kinda Dean fault for not making a attempted to show he was willing to give pace.

I all I know is there is a def a issue with the setup of Tylers car.

Comment

So was Dean full throttle after the pace cone or before? If it was before thats kinda Dean fault for not making a attempted to show he was willing to give pace.
                            Originally posted by Slapshotnerd View Post
                            Yes.

Tyler asked Dean to give him a pace cone on his lead. Dean said that he didn't think he needed a pace cone since they had almost the exact same speed at the exit of the bank in qualifying. Dean and Tyler were pretty even up to the cone, dean was clearly going full throttle. Tyler dropped 5-7 car lengths back before initiation, and J-rod mentioned that they wanted to see the cars closer together on initiation, and since Tyler had requested a pace cone beforehand, Dean would be punished for it.

Beyond that, Dean and Tyler had a very close and contentious first run, so Dean "not giving a pace to Tyler" was likely the only reason he lost.
                            So if a car has setup problems, should the lead driver be forced to change the way he drives? I thought the lead driver was the moving clipping point, and is supposed to run the same qualifying line? If a turbo'd car isn't allowed to accelerate full throttle until halfway thru the back stretch, he'll be down 5-10 mph (if not more) from his qualifying score, and the other driver will have the advantage of following closer thru the run. That seems like the opposite of the way it should be. I know everyone wants side-by-side runs, but the judges also want the drivers to run their qualifying line, which isn't always possible at a slower speed.

I remember hearing that at the drivers meeting in Atlanta, the judges said that someone can REQUEST a pace cone, but it is up to the DRIVERS to agree to it. JR was very adamant, asking "why would we give ANYONE the pace cone if you say it isn't required?" and Andy said "because it makes for a better show".

Sounds like the pace cone is ruining the show because of these tactics being played.... Dean is even to the pace cone, but because Tyler had a formal request for a pace cone, he sandbags and leaves a 3-4 car length difference on initiation, his spotter complains, and he's given the win (i don't know if that is what ACTUALLY happened, but from the description I heard and what I saw on the live stream, it doesn't sound much different)

Comment

"why would we give ANYONE the pace cone if you say it isn't required?"
                              VGJ is the effing man!

Sounds like the pace cone wasn't used properly in this case, I would love to see the video.

The only reason why I keep saying Tyler's car has a problem is because it seems like your saying he had no good right to ask for the pace cone. Well yeah, if my car couldn't accelerate I would ask for it as well no matter what kind of engine I have. The question is, why did intec agree to it?

Comment

Working...
                              X