X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Drift video games?

Any rumors on FD making a video game?

or for the iPhone?

Already Calvin Wan and now the Canadian drifters made video games for the iPhone! When is FD making a video game for the PS3, XBOX, or phones?

Here's the other game im talking about!

http://www.ratrodstudio.com/showroom.html

Why can't Formula D make a game?

Comment

I'm sure you heard of the D1 game. I have both the US and Japan versions. They are ok, but not very realistic physics. The Initial D games are fun, but very arcade too. Tokyo Drift Racer 2 is the best PS2 drifting game. It works perfectly with the wheels, but no clutch or 6 speed. Its also known as Chain Reactor 2 in Japan. Logitech makes the G25 and G27 wheels for PC and Playstation systems, but only certain games use its full functions (900 degrees, clutch + 6 speed) GT5 Prologue does use it, but you have to press the Triangle button to unlock the clutch every time you start a race. The drifting is fun on it, but you have to really tweak the suspension to get it to behave like a real drift car. I'm still working on NFS Shift to see how realistic the drifting is on the PC version (need better video card), but I heard there are FD cars in its lineup.
      I mostly play Richard Burns Rally (best simulator ever), GT2 and GTR Revolution on the PC. I also modified my G25 wheel with a handbrake out of a Toyota MR2 in a home made cabinet with a bucket seat. It works extremely well I'm also working on adding a handbrake to the XBOX wheel for the Forza games. If only XBOX could use the Logitech G25 wheel, then playing Forza 3 with that would be the best combination I could think of for real drifting fun. Does anyone else know any other games or simulators?

Comment

Grid ( same makers as dirt ) was very fun when it first came out. Im a Gran Turismo guy forever and I cant wait for the full game to drop this coming fall.

Forza was fun for about 3 weeks, I got tired of the controller.. as stated above, if xbox supported the G25 I would still be playing forza right up until GT5 came out.

Comment

Dont get me wrong Ive played all those games n love GT5 and shift but I just want to know if theres rumors about a DRIFT game coming out! No racing just drift!

Comment

You should try wangan midnight maximum tune 3 I believe it
            allows to tune a car to various hp it also has a six soled shifter no clutch though.

Comment

Like I said Drift game! thats a racing game where you can drift lol

Any rumors on a DRIFT game?

Or atleast an app from Formula D? something?

Comment

Formula D has been gauging interest for a what seems to be a potential video game for a few years now.

Remember the Formula D surveys?

A few questions were like:

Do you own a game system?

What game system do you use?

How many hours a week do you play?

What type of games do you enjoy playing?

You get the point, I honestly rather see them take there time and come out with a fun game then some some half a$$ crap. I'm not a gamer by all means, I own a PS2 and D1gp game is the only game I ever play on it. With that being said, I'm willing to go out and buy a new gaming system to play a FD video game. I don't care much about the realism as long as its fun. The D1gp game is cool, but at the end of the day after I beat it and unlocked everything, I was still asking for more!

I'm looking forward to the new starcraft though!

Comment

Originally posted by B.Young View Post
                  Tokyo Drift Racer 2 is the best PS2 drifting game.
                  Couldn't agree more. even by todays standards its still an awesome game... and you can usually pick it up for about $10. I think I got it used for $6 or something.

I thought they called it kaido battle in japan though.

anyway, I could just play that game forever.

I'm also a big fan of forza as well. well until my xbox cooked anyway.

Comment

Im gt5 all the way but like blaze said if they r making a game take your time and kick everyones *Censored**Censored**Censored*!!!

Talking about gt5 anyone knows if we r going to be able to drift d1 or fd tracks?

Comment

I think Kaido Battle was the subtittle for the Chain Reactor name or something. I can't remember now :P

D1GP is the only 100% drift game that actually has the competition setup with practice, qualifying, and tandem battles in a tournament bracket. It even has a button to clutch kick! Lots of great Japanese and American drivers in its lineup, and lots of cars to choose from. You can run all the different tracks from all the years D1 has been having their events in. The few things I don't like is that you can't silence the commentators, and you can't use the G25 wheel. The pro wheel works great with it,but the 900 degrees steering makes it difficult to hit the ebrake and clutch-kick buttons. The game was meant for a controller and it works very well with it. I get bored quick with the controller though, but maybe thats because I'm a driver.

This is going to be your best bet for drifting for a while since there was no announcement for a new 100% drift game at E3.

Comment

Damn that sucks!!!!!! WTF!@!@@! If dirt2 made money why can't someone do the same thing for drifting?

I have all of those games and haven't played any of them for like a year since i was organizing events in PR and making videos but I hope a 100% drift game comes out soon!!!

Another question...... Anybody know if we will be able to drift on FD and D1 tracks on GT5? or just D1? since D1 and FD don't get along!
                        Last edited by Jonny Fonseca; 07-26-2010, 11:43 PM.

Comment

Working...
                        X