ad

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Rear Diffs - Locked, LSD or other? What are you all running?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Rear Diffs - Locked, LSD or other? What are you all running?

I just wanted to get an idea what the majority is here. Who is running locked or solid rears? Who of you are running LSD and who are just running normal diffs.

Thanks,
    Joe

Im still running my open differential. Im just now getting to the point with my skill, (moving from the handbreak as my only way to drift to using the foot brake now to drift) where the open differential is starting to hamper me.

Comment

Thanks for the reply. For some reason with the MR2 when drifting I always have kicked the rear out by either downshifting, gassing, or simply by shifting the car in the turn.

Comment

Well i have a automatic with out much power so im forced to use the handbrake.. well thats the beginner move, Or use weight transfer to get the thing to slide, Its what im working on now.

Comment

Good job man. Hope to see you in CA when the tour gets out there.

Joe

Comment

Factory LSD.

Comment

Originally posted by MR2Drifter
              Thanks for the reply. For some reason with the MR2 when drifting I always have kicked the rear out by either downshifting, gassing, or simply by shifting the car in the turn.

Shift-lock downshifting, right?

Comment

Do not use a locked diff.

Comment

Right now I've got a plain old diff, but I'd really prefer a limitted slip one for anything with lower speeds or sharp corners.

Comment

Originally posted by Chas
                    Do not use a locked diff.
                    yeah, thats for drag racing and non-streetable cars. Some rock crawlers and 4-wheelers use air locking diffs as well.

Comment

I have a locking diff on my truck, not for any hard surface.

Comment

Well at first i was think of spools that are used for drag racing.

Comment

watch out for in lift with LSD's for its a sign that its starting to ware but apart form that there my chose

Comment

I run full-lock in the Dori Wagon and LOVE it. the inside tire screeches when i turn normal it drives like butta, effortless throttle steering.

Comment

Originally posted by Coiloverkid
                              effortless throttle steering.

Nice.

Comment

Working...
                              X