Formula Drift on TV

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Formula Drift on TV

Its great to see Formula D on Tv , great shots, great stories but speeding up the shots of the cars drifting made the show look very "cartoonish" and some people that I was showing drifting got turned off by that, so please show the cars drifting at actual speed
    Leon
    Last edited by sidewaysrules; 09-21-2010, 01:49 PM.

but speeding up the shots of the cars drifting made the show look very "cartoonish" and some people that I was showing drifting got turned off by that, so please show the cars drifting at actual speed
    We don't speed up shots on live calls. The only time we would do that, if at all, is if we are doing a recap.

Comment

One thing i dont like is the intro video, why do they turn up the volume on the v8s engine but when they show the bimmer, the rx8 or any other none v8 car u can barely hear the sound? wtf!

Comment

What does D1GP do so right with their cinematography that Formula D just doesn't get? I can't quite put my finger on it but with FD having more angles and shot in HD, the runs just don't come out as exciting as the Speed TV D-1 show. Can someone with more film knowledge explain the differences in how they position the shots?
        Last edited by my 1 88 u; 09-26-2010, 06:10 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by my 1 88 u View Post
          What does D1GP do so right with their cinematography that Formula D just doesn't get? I can't quite put my finger on it but with FD having more angles and shot in HD, the runs just don't come out as exciting as the Speed TV D-1 show. Can someone with more film knowledge explain the differences in how they position the shots?
          Panning.

stick the camera on the inside of the turn, and follow the car by physically moving the camera to follow the cars and "blur" the background, giving a sense of motion and action.

FD tends to shoot many of their shots from wider (and often higher) angles, which don't give the sense of motion.

Comment

well put

pee pee length

Comment

Originally posted by Slapshotnerd View Post
              Panning.

stick the camera on the inside of the turn, and follow the car by physically moving the camera to follow the cars and "blur" the background, giving a sense of motion and action.

FD tends to shoot many of their shots from wider (and often higher) angles, which don't give the sense of motion.
              Thanks.

FD take notes

Comment

One thing I see is that both FD and D1 drivers are pushing it and putting on a show like we have never seen! Even though both D1 and FD drivers have been crashing a lot lately, you can tell how bad both are trying to take drifting to the next level!

Comment

OK, so whats the best way to kill time on a show that's condensed from 2 days to 30 mins?

Hey I know, lets plug the crap out of Falken by showing a girl doing donuts in the parking lot!!! Then follow it by a good ole Falken commercial!! Thanks Falken Tire, you guys really "Get me going".... straight to the remote. No wonder why Falken won... CONSPIRACY THEORY! (Just kidding about that.)

They were better off showing the fight in the crowd.

"Drunk Fight of the Night, Brought to you by Falken Tire... Beer gets you drunk but our tire smoke GETS YOU GOING!"

In other news, if Cooper Tire doesn't give Tony B $100,000 and or develops a proper tire for their drivers. I'm going to burn their headquarters to grown.
                  Last edited by Bebop; 10-03-2010, 02:11 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by Jonny Fonseca View Post
                    One thing i dont like is the intro video, why do they turn up the volume on the v8s engine but when they show the bimmer, the rx8 or any other none v8 car u can barely hear the sound? wtf!
                    Looks like they listened to me lol never thought they would! They muted the cars sound in the begining and at the end u heard a v8, then i dont know if it was a 3 rotor or a rb but thanx for balancing it out FD! hehe

Comment

Anyone else think that between Sam and Dai either Sam should of had the win or a OMT?

Comment

Working...
                      X