Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Bay way

Anyone form the bay area on this site?

There's like a 33% chance I'm moving up there next year in hopes of being closer to a team I'm working with.... nothing official yet though.

Check out these fine folks

http://thunderdrift.com/

Comment

I'm from San Francisco by the way the Giants are going to the World Series

Comment

Originally posted by blaze1 View Post
        There's like a 33% chance I'm moving up there next year in hopes of being closer to a team I'm working with.... nothing official yet though.

That would be cool. Id like to hang out with some locals and learn to drift once im ready. Im familiar with these guys. I saw some of their cars at fd this year. I was imediatly drawn to the White fc. LOL I think king is the driver.

Comment

Is this a subsidiary of FD of some sort? Like a minor league so to speek?

Comment

Originally posted by Linguo415 View Post
            Is this a subsidiary of FD of some sort? Like a minor league so to speek?
            Yeah, FD has a pro am affiliate series all over the USA

The winner of the series Kado earned a FD license for 2011

Comment

Yeah, FD has a pro am affiliate series all over the USA

The winner of the series Kado earned a FD license for 2011
              Thats awesome. How does someone even break into the pro am level? where do you start?

Comment

Show up to Pro Am events with entry fees, tires, and a car!

I strongly suggest to build a car to exact FD or Pro Am specs if your serious about getting to the next level though. The Pro Am rule book is mostly basic safety standards (cage, seats,belts,and extinguishers,). Yeah, most grassroots events don't require a cage for solo runs and sometimes tandem, and race suits are optional... but its better to be prepared.

Comment

Any idea of how much the entry fees are?

Comment

In Cali... anywhere from 80-150 bucks

All depending on the track, number of drivers, and how long of a track day it is.

Comment

Thats not bad at all. I suspect its all a matter of looking pro am sheduling to know when they come around. Are race licenses a prerequisit?

Comment

Here in WA as long as you have a helmet and a car with a valid drivers licence you can drive just give us the $$! And cali should be the same.

Comment

Sounds good. So look up schedules and have cash ready to drop. Ive gotta get my fc running right.

Comment

Best thing to do is get a hold of thinderdrift ey?

Comment

new season starts around april, offseason events still going strong. geoff is a cool *Censored**Censored**Censored* dude, down to earth and he listens to the drivers pertaining to the event suggestions.

Comment

Working...
                              X