Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• (TOMORROW) KEN BLOCK Gymkhana Invitational Dec. 4th Irwindale Speedway

5 Pairs of tickets;

Please tell us why you deserve a free ticket.
    Example; Why do you want to go? What are you looking forward to?

Old Ticket Contest Thread for reference;
    http://www.drifting.com/forums/gener...th-2009-a.html

Event Schedule - The Ken Block Gymkhana Invitational - December 3rd & 4th 2010:

Friday December 3rd, 2010

10:00 AM – 4:00PM Will Call
    9:00 AM Drivers Meeting (all drivers)
    9:00 – 9:30 AM MEDIA Meeting for All MEDIA credentials holders
    10:00 AM GATES OPEN TO THE PUBLIC
    10:00 AM – 10:30 AM Open Practice Group 1 Session #1
    10:30 AM – 11:00 AM Open Practice Group 2 Session #1
    11:00 AM – 11:30 AM Open Practice Group 1 Session #2
    11:30 AM – 12:00 PM Open Practice Group 2 Session #2
    12:00 PM – 1:00 PM Course Check
    1:00 PM – 3:00PM Open Practice Group 1 & Group 2 (all drivers) Session #3
    3:30 PM – 5:30PM QUALIFYING for GG Grid order (all drivers)
    6:00 PM End of all on track activities

Saturday December 4th, 2010

10:00 AM – 8:00 PM Will Call
    9:00 – 9:30 AM MEDIA Meeting for All MEDIA credentials holders
    10:00 AM GATES OPEN TO THE PUBLIC
    10:00 AM – 11:00 AM Open Practice Group 1 Session #1
    11:00 AM - 12:00 PM Open Practice Group 2 Session #2
    12:00 PM – 1:00 PM Driver Autograph Sessions / Course Check
    1:00 PM – 2:00 PM Open Practice Groups (all drivers) Session #3
    2:30 PM – 4:00 PM First Round of Head to Head Elimination (RWD)
    4:00 PM – 5:30 PM Second Round of Head to Head Elimination (AWD)
    5:30 PM – 6:00 PM Discount Tire Burnout Competition
    6:30 PM – 7:00 PM Opening Ceremonies / National Anthem
    7:00 PM Final Round of Head to Head Eliminations (RWD/AWD)
    9:30 PM – 10:00 PM Awards Ceremony

*Schedule is subject to change

I would love to get a pair of tickets. I missed the first event in hollywood.

Comment

I would like two tickets if possible. I live down the street and always hear the roar of the cars. It would be one thing to see the cars take the apex! And the sweet smell of rubber. Oh that would bring a smile to my face this holiday season. Oh what a wonderful early Christmas gift it would be to see cars taking on corners.

Comment

I'm a huge fan, missed the last session in the inglewood forum and curious to see what an actual gymkhana looks like and how it's judged compared to drifting and rally. Also, want to see how Ken does against the Formula D drivers!

Comment

I would like a pair of tickets because i've seen Ken Block Gymkhana videos on youtube and they were insane and I would love to experience it live and free at the House of Drift.

Comment

It would be Amazing to get tickets for this event. I have always admired Ken Blocks ability to make such entertaining videos. I think Block made me appreciate Subaru cars a whole lot more. The Gymkhana course is going to make the Drifting in this event a whole lot more entertaining. I'm looking forward to seeing how close they get to objects and how the hell they fit in such small tight spaces. Overall I think this event is going to be a blast. It's going to be a good different experience for me.

Comment

I would love to get a pair of tickets. I'm a huge Ken Block fan. I'm also a huge fan of drifting and am getting into it myself. Here's a link to a video of me in a 350z. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pqHR5kILASg That video shows me burning up my first set of tires shortly after watching the first gymkhana movie. Please hook me up with a set of tickets so I can go check out the event and get some good video and pictures. Thanks

Comment

Man vacant culdesacs and round abouts are the best things ever. That's where I learned how to slide!

Comment

for the veterans

I am a 22 year old US Marine Corps veteran who served in Iraq. I have been in a drug and alcohol rehabilitation program at the VA for the past 8 months. In April this year, the staff at Formula Drift gave me 20 tickets for the first round of competition which I used to take the other veterans, mostly older vietnam vets, to their first ever drifting event. If I can get these tickets for gymkhana, I will do the very same thing for my fellow veterans. It would also be a great birthday gift for me, my birthday is on December 3rd. Thank you for your consideration.
                  -Francisco Garcia
                  USMC Veteran

Comment

Heard about gymkhana from reading DSPORT while I was in the field at 29 Palms. I was stoked about going in December to see it. But, I'm going to be on a field op AGAIN at 29 Palms from Nov 14 - Dec 17 (missing, thanksgiving, hannukah, my birthday, and gymkhana). So, I'm requesting a pair of tickets on behalf of my wife and my buddy, zak, both OEF vets (yeah, I've not yet deployed, go figure). Anyways, I was hoping they could go see it, take some pix for me, and tell me what I missed out on.

p.s. I only saw my first drift competition on Oct. 10th. Wow!!!

Comment

Isn't he driving a Fiesta now?

Comment

I'm 18 and I'm in college. For my writing class, my final/research paper is going to be about gymkhana. I've already written one paper for the start of it. It would be amazing to go to a real race. I could do weeks of online research and reading and still not be able to put the feeling of what it's like to be there into my paper. When I present this to the class I want them to feel what it was like to be there. I want to be able to describe to them the look on Ken's face as he rips around the corner with 650hp behind a sideways ford fiesta. I want to be able to express the smell of the burning rubber.
                        Ken has been an inspiration to me. I only have a mitsubishi lancer es so I can really just go e-braking around the deserts of So Cal, but I plan on getting a decent back wheel drive with a manual. For now I am using my friends car to learn to drive a stick. It's proven to be fairly difficult since I only have 1 hand, but I've built some stuff to help.
                        Also, I've just come to realize that there is a pretty cute girl in my writing class who is into drifting and racing (perfect, i know ). with the tickets, i could invite her and some other friends.

Comment

Wow One hand!

Comment

3 weeks.. .

Comment

May I have a couple tickets?

Comment

Working...
                              X