ad

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Toshi Hayama Talks About Drifting (6 year old video)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Toshi Hayama Talks About Drifting (6 year old video)

Cool video of Toshi Hayama talking about drifting.

For those of you who don't know Toshi worked for Apexi USA, Announced for D1GP USA, and produced the old school JDM Insider videos. This was shot at America vs Japan/GT live/JGTC event back in winter 2004 (IMO the greatest spocom event ever held in so cal). What makes this video so important and interesting is alot of his predictions and overall philosophy of the sport of drifting. Take what he says and look at the current state of D1 and FD and you will see alot of it now applies.

Take a look!
    <iframe title="YouTube video player" class="youtube-player" type="text/html" width="480" height="390" src="http://www.youtube.com/embed/baEvUtU6vVs" frameborder="0" allowFullScreen></iframe>

What has Toshi been up to? He's my favorite English announcer. Him on play by play and Jarod on color is my dream.

Comment

"Him on play by play and Jarod on color is my dream."

Now that's the hot damn truth

Last I heard he got a regular non car related job in japan... then he was at FD Sonoma a few years back. After that who knows, at least he left his mark.
      Last edited by Bebop; 01-26-2011, 12:56 PM.

Comment

Toshi and is Apexi crystal ball...
        Toshi-damus...
        I like hearing the tangents and stance of different people that are in the know past and present.

Yes Toshi is in Japan you can see Mr. Fatlace Mark Arcenal met up with him here http://fatlace.com/headquarters/stud...ends-oddities/

BTW thanks for the compliments Toshi & I would be fun but we'd definitely be the Odd Couple, I'm Godzilla (big & white) to him haha...

Comment

'Sup Tosh!

his parents have a fashion business over in Japan, I think he's involved with that. His R34 is still here in the US, at one point it was for sale.

"nobody will win D1 in a Z33"... he really wasn't that far off, but it took until 2007 before someone won the FD series in a Z, 3+ full years later with substantial engine development

Comment

Originally posted by Slapshotnerd View Post

"nobody will win D1 in a Z33"... he really wasn't that far off, but it took until 2007 before someone won the FD series in a Z, 3+ full years later with substantial engine development

Remember he said D1 lol, it just goes to show there's a big difference between FD and D1 style of drifting. I think the only Z33 that ever podiumed in D1 was the top secret car he mentioned...and that was like you said 3+ years of development. But that car didn't move like any of the Zs in the states.

I like how he pointed out that D1 needed more cars like the FR converted Integra in D1. Since there were so many people against AEM's converted TC (my self included).

Comment

Working...
            X