why drifting will never go main

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• why drifting will never go main

main streem drifting no it will never happen. first off right now drifting is going thruegh a small fad that will not last in a few more years a knew thing will come allong and all the fad fallowers will jump on that banwagon and only the die hard drifters and tougers will be left. another fact on the subject is that this sport can get extereamly pricey. frome just getting a car in shape for the beatings it will be takeing but maintaning the car aswell. the wagon hoppers will jump on the drift train get sideways break a bunch of stuff and deside that it just sucks that they crashed and dont use it as a lerning experiance and then just quit. only real drivers know that if your not crashing or over/under stearing then your not doing it enough and you will never get better because your not trying knew things( or your just to pro for your own good) evan the doriken and drifter x crash.

another subject i would like to bring up is touge running. a controlled track is allways great but there are just some things you cant learn on a track that you can learn in the mountians just stay in your range gradualy you can get better. thats just something that you vetrins if you are a vetrin knead to teach the fresh scrubbers.

drifting is a sport thats bin around for years its only knew to the trend heads i balive that the seen will die down quike and then you will know who is true to the sport and whos not so to all you hard core guys who worry about kids crashing and cops dont it will never get that far

you spelled bin wrong (been), i agree

Comment

I dunno... I have a feeling that drifting will only get more any more popular... everybody and their mom is trying to drift their cars.

Comment

Thats not all he spelled wrong. I counted 27 spelling errors and 31 gramatical errors (might have lost count while laughing). I dont usually call people on bad spelling or grammar, but this was the most horrible display I've ever seen. Get help buddy ...

As for what was said, I don't agree with alot of it. People said the same thing when the 'Import Fad' started. It will never go mainstream right? Wrong! Now there are multiple professional racing organizations involving Imports, not to mention a multi-billion dollar industry revolving around parts for Imports. I think what he is trying to say is there will be alot of POSERS out there trying their hardest to be 'Drift Kings' (lol). Just like when the movie TF&TF came out and all the POSERS wanted to be street racers with nawwws. There will always be POSERS no matter what. Dosnt matter what scene you're talking about (cars, music, anything) there will always be people that want to be 'cool' even if they don't know what they're talking about. For the Import scene the posers ere called Ricers. So far for the drift scene we have Internet Drifters. The good thing about drifting is the learning curve is very high and the POSERS will find out after totalling their car that you cant POSE as a drifter because it requires alot of skill. The bad thing is every time a POSER learns this lesson, very bad things will happen because they will possibly hurt or kill themselves (or other people). Compared to the POSERS in the street racing scene, the drift POSERS will be alot more dangereous and the cops will key in on this. Will there be POSERS jumping on the drifting bandwagon? Of course. It happens any time something new is introduced and hyped up. But I'll tell you what, drifting will still go Mainstream. With the support of the Japan D1GP behind the D1USA I am very confident that drifting will evolve from the grassroots level to a professional level. And the thing about mountain roads teaching you things a track won't? Gimme a break buddy. We dont even have any nice tracks in Hawaii and I know this is BS. The only thing a mountain road will teach you is how to react to blind turns and oncomming traffic. Tracks will always be a better road to learn and race on because they are PREPPED for racing. Public roads are uneven and bumpy meaning you will encounter bumpsteer and race spec springs (with hard specific rate springs) will not be as effective. Not to mention the general public uses them to commute, not race (making YOU the danger). Anyone who has been to both (true racers) will know what I'm talking about. People only race on the mountain because the tracks are either closed, too far away, or they want to practice what I mentioned earlier (reacting to blind turns and oncomming traffic).
        Last edited by CrazyHawaiian; 07-02-2003, 02:30 AM.

Comment

should make thread why drifting is mainstream =P

drifting is mainstream. Mainstream productions has been hosting many of the recent events.

drifting will be bigger than import car shows...why? It's showy. Drifting is all about showing off. Import car shows became popular because its a venue for all the people to show off their cars and try to exhibit something 'unique' just like every one else. (har har name that movie) The problem with import car shows is that the cars just sit there, blink lights and play music. They need hoochie models, dancers, dj's, laser shows, etc etc to keep one's attention span. In drifting, the car's are actually moving and there is something to look at. If the car moves cool, and on top of that looks cool as well...you've got a winner.

Everyone wants to be the best and look cool in front of peers. Problem with drifting is that in order to look cool, it's going to take a lot of time and patience..a very high learning curve. It's like learning how to program in computers...it'll take a lot of time and patience, and will be frustrating...just when you think you've got it down, your program is gonna crash.

I don't think there are really any veterans of drifting in the US. Everyone is still learning, and we're still very far from even being close to the levels of the Japanese drivers. While we all wish we can drift like Komatsu, in reality he is not too great compared to some of the D1 drivers. Study study study study study!

KH summed up the whole touge counter intuitive thing. I concur

MIGS: hey I might be able to make it to DD6. Komatsu is arriving on the plane tomorrow and will be driving up the night before the event. I'm gonna hitch a ride with him with the trailer, can you pick me up?

Comment

Yeah sure where are you guys going to be staying?

Comment

Drifting

Tell People the Truth:

Drifting on public roads is illegal and could get you killed or hurt. Drifting causes serious car damage even for those who perform drifts professionally. If you want to enjoy drifting, watch the pros do it on Option videos or other media.

Comment

KEIICHI(drift king) CRASHES!?!?!?!?! SH*T. Man I guess you just can't avoid crashing even if you have ben drifting for a gajjillion years.

Comment

Almost everybody (including pros) have crashed at least once while drifting....most likely

Comment

I know that, but what I thought he meant is that Keiichi STILL crashes.

Comment

Komatsu totalled 6 cars while he was learning, and got in many other not so serious accidents before he got any good. If you drift, or are learning, you will crash at some point. Everyone crashes, including the pros.

Comment

yes I know(that movie Hashirya kicks *Censored**Censored**Censored*), that is what I was saying. I well aware what WILL happen when you are on your learning path to drifting. The way he said it though, to me, implied that Keiichi still crashes. I'm 100% sure he has crashed while drifting sometime in his life.

Comment

Originally posted by MrMigs
                          Yeah sure where are you guys going to be staying?
                          i wanna go... , meet tha infamous drifter-x

Comment

Did you know Kazuya Bai and Fumiaki Komatsu aren't even ranked in the top 100 drifters in Japan, even Kougichi isn't in the top 10. I wonder who is #1 .

Comment

Drifting is starting to take mainsteam in the import world, and even in the domestics ? i kno bout da last part but the first seems to sound right LOL. last week a 15 year old was killed and his friend put in a wheelchair cause he was drifting on the highway. he started out in the Winn Dixie parkinglot and them around 2:00AM got on the highway. turned though the cornor at speeds at around 45mph and a big 18wheeler came around about the same time.that pretty much does it fo drifting anywhere around tupelo fo the rest of my lifetime. I think it was OK fo the kid to do it in a empty parking lot but on the highway, WRONG. ppl dont realize that in japan that it is completely different from the U.S . more stuff like this WILL happen if drifting goes mainstream. if show like Initial D come to the US tv,(aka:Cartoon Network) kids will jack there parents car and try to do crazy crap to be like tak fo that show. beside the fact that the 80's Corrola will be the number one stolen car in the US, Silvia's and MR2 and things like that, that come a dime a dozen will now become lost cars to amatures that cant drive even a automatic.
                              anyways StAy SiDeWaYs(only fo da real ppl)
                              Attached Files

Comment

Working...
                              X