ad

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Which Japanese drivers are gonna be in Formula D 2011?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Which Japanese drivers are gonna be in Formula D 2011?

Does anyone know which Japanese Drivers are going to be competing this year in Formula D besides Dai Yoshihara and Ken Gushi? It seems to me that Formula D is beginning to lack talent from the origin of drifting.

Nishida will be driving. From what I've heard, Miki and Takatori will not.

Gushi is hardly a "Japanese" driver, he's been living here full time for a long time. Dai is also committed to Falken, he lives in the US during the season as well so he's not much of a 'commuter'.

Comment

Not too mention Daijiro didn't compete on the professional level til he came to America.

Sad days ahead for us J fans....

Comment

Originally posted by Bebop View Post
        Not too mention Daijiro didn't compete on the professional level til he came to America.

Sad days ahead for us J fans....
        Did Nishida or Takatori?

Comment

Nishida was never a "pro" but was on the same team as Daigo and Shinji (Hey Man) and got a bit of coverage from it on option videos. He also had alot of support from team orange to drive in the states. In 2005 he drove this car a few rounds:

Takatori was a D1 vet before coming to FD in 08. He drove the Autobacs A31

Last edited by Bebop; 02-28-2011, 01:50 AM.

Comment

I forgot about Nishida. Since you brought Daigo up...do you ever think he will compete in Formula D?

Comment

Originally posted by Ckmatsu View Post
              I forgot about Nishida. Since you brought Daigo up...do you ever think he will compete in Formula D?

I wouldn't be surprised if Daigo ends up in FD in the next couple years. After the economy shapes up and sponsors/teams start to realize all these Europeans aren't as good as Aasbo and D-Mac I think we will see Japanese talent start coming back. These J guys need to start learning english though!!

But Daigo has already won a FD asian event

Comment

Working...
              X