How can one get a ride alone?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• How can one get a ride alone?

I was wondering how hard would it be to get a Ride-Along with one the FD drivers. And how can i make that happen?

I would assume a media pass, helmet, and a suit.

Contact FD

Comment

where do you live? if it's anywhere close to an FD team, your best bet is on a 'test and tune' day. FD doesn't do ride alongs on competition day, and they're usually very highly reserved on the practice days. If you can email a team and ask them, they might have a private test day that you can show up to and get a ride along at.

Comment

New Jersey
        i thought they let the teams do ride along at practice day.

Comment

Yeah for very important members of the media (News stations, big websites, etc), but at the end of the day it is still a business in America...if something goes wrong FD is liable...insurance ain't cheap.

Comment

My suggestion is to drop a line to the Gardella Racing team, they do a lot of pre-season testing. Or possibly even send an email to Matt Petty and see what events he has coming up that some pros might be stopping by at.

The atmosphere at a private testing day is much more conducive to ride alongs than the FD media / practice days.

Comment

Thanks guys, I'll check into that.

Comment

Working...
              X