ad

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

How YOU think FORMULA D Cars Should Look?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• How YOU think FORMULA D Cars Should Look?

i really wanted to post how i thought chris forsberg's car looked unfinished but now im curious. with everybody thinking FD cars look bad, please post how you think FD cars should look like whether its in photoshop, descriptions, references to other cars or badly done paint like my photo. and dont forget that these people still gotta please their sponsors.

so this is how i think forsberg car should be so it wouldnt have that last minute bumper look

NOW:

HOW I THINK IT SHOULD BE:

I'm the type of guy who does not car much about corporate schemes as long as they are clean. I honestly feel Fors' car needs alot less black and more orange from a corporate point of view. I would like FD cars as a whole to be better stanced and actually look like actual race cars instead of stickered up lightly aero'd OEM cars (see above lol). Not saying they should be slammed and hella flush rims and tires though.

Examples

Again... I could care less about the livery and as someone who kinda comes from a marketing background I think FD cars sponsor wise are looking pretty good. I just think the overall form of some of the cars in the series need a bit of work.

Comment

personally... i think it's awesome that someone is finally driving a 370Z!! that car looks amazing! i would love to see that car in an IMSA Stillen 300ZX paint scheme! that'd be whikud!!!

Comment

Like this

and this

as well as this

I think they should attempt to make these cars look cool. So many FD cars just fail at coolness. Just commercials on wheels like nascar. With a proper kit, wheels, and stance, you could just place a decal here and there and it will look fine.

Full livery works with this formula as well. As you can see (I know its not a drift car, but you get my point)

Comment

Originally posted by Lord_EJR View Post
          Like this

Man looking at the cars today its hard to believe FD ever had cool machines like this!

Man where is Yamamoto at, he used to pop up in all sorts of option DVDs back in the day, he hasn't upgraded his blog or web site in a while either....homeboys MIA!

Comment

I know we got some great critics here at drifting.com so I wanted to ask what do you guys think of my friend's, Raan Rodriguez, new livery? He's a pro drifter from Puerto Rico who is going to participate in this year's Drift Series in the Dominican Republic.

Comment

I think it looks good

Now send me a case of that beer!

Comment

Originally posted by Bebop View Post
                I think it looks good

Now send me a case of that beer!
                IF you come to Round 2 of FD in Atlanta I'll bring a couple of cases!!! hahaha

I am kinda against Beer sponsor because a lot of young kids like drifting, but I wouldn't mind seeing some beer sponsors in FD since they got money!
                Last edited by Jonny Fonseca; 04-14-2011, 02:07 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by Jonny Fonseca View Post
                  IF you come to Round 2 of FD in Atlanta I'll bring a couple of cases!!! hahaha

I am kinda against Beer sponsor because a lot of young kids like drifting, but I wouldn't mind seeing some beer sponsors in FD since they got money!

Man now I wish that I could go now.

I'm sorta on the fence about alcohol in tobacco on racing. Yes I smoke and I drink but I don't really feel it stems from me watching racing. I do though feel that it has alot to do with which brand I do smoke or drink. I watch tons of drinkings and we had at one point every single major energy drink company...but I don't drink energy drinks often. I can count on one hand how many energy drink I drank last year and to be honest I didnt pay for any of them lol. I predict pretty soon they will have a surgeon general warning on them.

Comment

I've always been a fan of the japanese styling. And i think the street factor is always a plus in drifting. I hate all these multicolored vehicles painted or vinyled to look like a race car. Call me old fashion but thats just how i feel.
                    Drifting is an expression of driving style and should extend to the styling of your vehicle.... but US based drifting is all about getting paid or getting that free ride. Puts a strain on styling.

Bring back the CLEAN street rides turned race cars.

RIP

Last edited by vvtisupra; 04-14-2011, 04:52 PM.

Comment

Man, as much as people might be surprised at hearing this, I feel both sides.

I have a huge amount of respect for where drifting came from, and the heritage of the sport. That includes of course the japanese styling of those cars. I love that look.

Then again, I have to respect what FD has become - which I think is its own sub-culture of drifting. We can all see that the USA based progression and growth of FD has created fierce on track competition that has its own style and flavor. The FD cars certainly resemble more of a race car look (and probably drive more like race cars too?)

Being a fan of both drift cultures, I'm as torn as the rest of you. The problem most of us FD teams have is that we have to build more 'race car' type drift cars because thats what FD has become over the last seven years. We still have to be competitive against each other.
                      Add in the fact that many of the original drivers and teams in FD were race car drivers and race car teams, not drift teams. There were no drift teams back then, so a race car flavor is almost inevitable in FD's growth. And I also raise my hand and take some responsibility for that happening, be it good or bad for the fan of the japanese style.

Some of all this just comes down to the culture differences between Japan and the USA I think. Both cultures are quite different, and will reflect their own style on whatever is happening within that country.

Originally being from neither the USA or Japan, and having lived within multiple different cultures, I really think thats a lot of where the disagreement is based. Neither side is necessarily right or wrong, but we'll all have our opinions. As we all should.

Having said all that, I still want to build an old school KP61 Starlet with a 4AG

Comment

BIG difference in the 'billboards' of the US are budget. Japan takes next to nothing to travel across, its very small. One trip to Cali and back from East coast is a ton of money in comparison. That alone makes sponsors, or rich drivers, a bigger part of the sport for now. As the sport hopefully grows, a single sponsor will fund 75-90% of the costs and then the rest get much smaller.

Comment

Working...
                        X