My Next Article on MotoIQ is up!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• My Next Article on MotoIQ is up!

Another article, this time on the History of Drifting and The Future of Formula Drift.

http://www.motoiq.com/magazine_artic...ula-drift.aspx

Also, any new articles I have I will post in this thread!

Great article. I resent the Scion FR-S/Tc hybrid chop picture though.

Comment

Lol, yeah, that was a picture was on file.

Comment

Hmm.... I'm not sure how accurate your story is, seems like a lot of it was written from internet hype, not actually talking to drivers or teams. But I can appreciate the effort put into writing some unique editorial.

Comment

Atta boy Justin, great read and love you taking a vantage point on direction of drifting...
          Well crafted and calculated article...
          Atta boy even shared it on Facebook...

Comment

There's a whole lot of misinformation and gaps within the actually history portion of the article. There are a few more historical events that happened between 96 and 03(Falken Showoff), Forsberg was the first American to beat a Japanese driver in tandem competition back in late 04. I think there should be more of a focus on the future of marketing and overall media distribution of American Drifting then the pure technical aspect of the sport. I would have named the article "The Evolution of the American Drift Car", with that being said good write up.
            Last edited by Bebop; 05-20-2011, 03:24 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by Bebop View Post
              There's a whole lot of misinformation and gaps within the actually history portion of the article. There are a few more historical events that happened between 96 and 03(Falken Showoff), Forsberg was the first American to beat a Japanese driver in tandem competition back in late 04. I think there should be more of a focus on the future of marketing and overall media distribution of American Drifting then the pure technical aspect of the sport. I would have named the article "The Evolution of the American Drift Car", with that being said good write up.
              I have been thinking about an Article just dedicated to how the American cars have evolved on top of a possible project. I will admit I did leave out the Falken Showoff and some other topics because of forgetfulness and a little bit of keeping the article within my 8 page limit.

I do appreciate everyone's thoughts on the articles and am not afraid of criticism and I actually welcome it. I'd rather be wrong, but learn than think I'm right and look foolish.

Comment

Also The guy who can really be credited with starting the whole LS swap craze would be Mike Peters, He really was the first person to swap an LS into a S chassis and his car inspired alot of people to do similar setups.

There are alot of things in the article I could nit pick pretty badly but I just don't feel like taking the time to write them out.

It was a good article but I feel it focused way too much on the engine setups vs. what drifting is and where it is going. Engines just make the cars go they are not the sport itself.
                Last edited by Piner; 05-21-2011, 05:08 AM.

Comment

Here is my next article! It's a preview of PBIR and the area around it.

http://www.motoiq.com/magazine_artic...l-raceway.aspx

Comment

Not saying im a better writer than you but that article was really disjointed. Little to no flow at all. Seemed like the whole thing was one big ADD fueled timeline of randomness until you got to FD. It was honestly a little hard to figure out what all of it had to do with each other other than all of it happened at PBIR.

You jumped around to a bunch of loosely related stuff and then went to wild life. My advice for the future would be to try to keep your articles within the same general area instead of jumping around throughout.

Comment

Next one is up and is a review for Round 3 at Palm Beach International Raceway. After 26 hours worth of driving, I do hope you guys like this article, but again I'm open to critisim.

http://www.motoiq.com/magazine_artic...l-raceway.aspx

Comment

Formula Drift Round 4: New Jersey - Wall Stadium Speedway

By Justin Banner

Wall Stadium Speedway in Wall Township, New Jersey is not the track at the top of the driver's lists of favorites. Carnage, is usually the reason why most do not like it. The old short track likes to gobble up cars like kids to a candy bar and can be rather grumpy, bumpy thing. The whoops in the center section aren't friendly to short wheelbase or low cars, either, so the Drifting Hipsters probably don't like it either, though rarely do they like anything Formula Drift. Even so, this is a stop on the 2011 Formula Drift Schedule that must be run in order to determine the Champion and what a year it is shaping up to be! Would JTP come on top again? Can someone beat the dominance of Falken Tire? Will there be another half-naked man attack? Find out by reading more below!

http://www.motoiq.com/magazine_artic...-speedway.aspx

Comment

Tonight (July 20) at 10PM EST Will's CarCast will be interviewing IKON/APD Racing. Guests will include Johnathan Donner, Lisa Kubo and Jerrold Rhodes. There will be an opportunity to call in and ask questions directly to these veteran racers. There is a chat room so get your friends together and join in the conversation. There will be represenatives from HPD, AEM and Motoiq.com. That's just the first hour!! In the second hour, MotoIQ's finest will be on the call taking questions and will have a very special announcement during the show. You can check out the live show HERE or listen to the playback right here on MotoIQ.com an shortly afterward!

http://www.motoiq.com/magazine_artic...l-cannady.aspx

Comment

Formula Drift Round 5 - Evergreen Drifting
                            by Justin Banner

After carnage at New Jersey, who could come out on top? Justin Pawlak is starting to have a dominant year, but could the modified tire rule really shake things up? Could Rhys Millen play a dark horse role? Can Vaughn Gittin Jr. keep up his Epic Comeback Tour of 2011? Read on to find out!

Comment

Driver Profiles: Taka Aono
                              By Justin Banner

Want to know about the Nexen Tire/Megan Racing Drifting Ace, driver of the "Flying 86," and really nice guy Taka Aono? Here's your chance with this new feature for MotoIQ.com, Driver Profiles! Read on to learn a little more about Taka Aono and sense some of the personality that is the "Corolla Master!"

Comment

Working...
                              X