Infiniti M30 / Nissan Lepoard

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Infiniti M30 / Nissan Lepoard

What do you guys theink about this. Has a vg30e, which could be swapped to an rb20, or a vg30det from an older 300zx. Im going ot look into it. Ive seen a few vip styled ones. I wonder how it could be set up to race circuit/drift?

Sounds dope

Comment

Do they share any of there platform with the S13?

http://www.cardomain.com/memberpage/537966

heres some good pics of a convertable 92. Actualy there cool looking cars. It makes me want to learn more about them.

Comment

SR20DET is the usual swap for this car. The reason you don't see this car being drifted too often is because there is a lack of aftermarket support for it, and because the structural integrity of the car is very weak. You will probably want to seam weld or rivet the chassis to increase rigidity. Also, stay away from the convertibles as they weigh more.
        -Tim

Comment

http://page5.auctions.yahoo.co.jp/jp/auction/e32300060

Chas this is a turbo lepard. They do drift them here. Not a lot of parts but yoy can build it with the z32 parts or go to Skyline base of parts. If your serial let me know and Ill find what I can. These were more of a YANKI car than a drift type performance base.

Comment

Its pretty cool. Just need a good set of coilovers and everything else i can fab. What about a vg30dett from a 300zx? A cage and seam welding can fix any structural problems. I think itd be an origianl circuit car.

Comment

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/ws/eB...&category=6265

Lorin, could you look for suspension components? I got the motor part taken care of. It wont be hard to find an aero kit, but this is gonna be cooler then an s13!

Comment

So far ive found

SF1 or SA1 Coilovers from jic.

Comment

sounds very interesting... can post some pics of the process? very unique... good luck

Comment

Yep, im looking for the car right now.

Comment

I like this idea. I hadnt seen a vert before and I didnt know coilovers were available. Hard to see as a circuit car but I dont know why. Get you some 235s or wider and Go go chas-san. Keep us posted.

BTW, how many cars do you have, man? And I vote VG30det. And what kind of diet are you gunna put on that two ton-er?
                      Last edited by hachiroku-fc3s; 03-20-2004, 01:55 PM.

Comment

If you have the money to spend on this car, then it might be worth it. A few things that people have noticed that suck on this car are it's slow steeringbox and weak driveline components. An engine upgrade is a MUST, the stock motor has something like a 5800 rpm redline and is very prone to failure. If you are going to use the stock engine for hard driving, I would strongly recommend a re-build. As for seam welding the body/chassis, I am currently doing this on my KP61, make sure you put the car up on 4 jackstands at the farthest 4 corners on the frame and leave the car up on the jackstands for about a week. This will help to straighten out the frame before you start welding. You will need to strip everything down to the bare metal, including removing the seam seals, which are usually a yellow-ish silicone looking stuff. You will also need to pull off all the fenders and drop all the driveline. As for the SR20DET swap, I think I remember someone posting about doing the swap a looooooong time ago on one of the freshalloy.com forums. I believe it was someone in florida, so start searching.
                        Good Luck!
                        -Tim

Comment

Just another car Chas says he is going to get, haha. Just kidding. This does look pretty cool and different.

Comment

I also vote for the 300ZX motor. Those things can make plenty of power and it would be something different. Good luck!

Comment

Awesome idea, keep us all posted.

Also have you considered a RB series motor instead? i dont know what the weight differences are, but it seems like a big problem is weight, so if the RB motors are much lighter it may be a good idea.

However i like the Idea of the 300zx motor, as far as drift cars go thats a pretty big motor And is actualy availible state side.

Comment

Working...
                              X