(EPISODE #1) Formula DRIFT Insider

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• (EPISODE #1) Formula DRIFT Insider

<iframe width="560" height="349" src="http://www.youtube.com/embed/3YeKSj6RDVw" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

Cool idea but tell us something we don't know.

Hope the next episode has news the third party sources don't tell us about first. There has got to be some juicy news around the paddock

But changes to Irwindale sound interesting!.

Comment

It's UFC Ultimate Insider meets Formula D lol except that they missed the hot girl giving the news part lol

all joking aside I liked it! great quality work guys!
      Last edited by Jonny Fonseca; 08-11-2011, 11:05 PM.

Comment

I don't quite understand the timing. The first episode recapped the first 5 events, the next episode will preview Vegas and talk with Jim, then what are they going to do to fill the next 7 weeks? I assume a Vegas recap will be 1 week... but that's a lot of time to put new content in. Hopefully they've been filming interviews and stuff for the whole season.

It'd be great to have some segments like having the top qualifier talk you through his top run, having drivers discuss tight tandem battles and what they were thinking, 'a day in the life' type segments with some of the top drivers... basically the type of features that FD used to drop into their 1 hour show when it was on G4 (kinda similar to the 'behind the smoke' series with Dai). Those were some of the most exciting and interesting segments, and now they're largely missing from the TV Show.

Since Gary Keith went M-I-A with his DriftZone TV show, this type of 'behind the scenes' podcast type of show has been missing. It's good to see it brought back, especially with FD at the helm.

Comment

@slapshotnerd

The timing isn't really that important. This is really something we have been wanting to do for a while but needed the right people to assist. Now that we have that part of it, we can focus on creating content that existing fans might like but also reach out to a wider audience by telling stories within stories and highlighting the personalities of the sport. Recaps, highlights, etc are all great and we kind of need to do them to set the stage, but it's the deeper and cooler stuff that we want to get into. For example, here are some of the pieces we are looking at for future episodes

- One on one with Tony Angelo regarding tech, tire rule, etc
          - Inside a FD drivers meeting
          - In depth interviews
          - Hanging with the drivers (Vegas pool party, etc)
          - Jarod Deanda event weekend
          - Irwindale Primer

In short, we think there is enough content to fill fun, interesting episodes and once we get to the off-season maybe we cut back to once a month in a longer format. We'll see.

Comment

Sounds good, I'm excited to see future episodes!

Comment

Working...
            X