KEN GUSHI - Scion FR-S Concept Talk

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• KEN GUSHI - Scion FR-S Concept Talk

Its pretty suprising no one in the drift community broke this story yet... In the video he says he "will be in one of these cars (FR-S) in the near future"

http://www.scion.com/blog/2011/06/17...ngs-ken-gushi/

<iframe width="560" height="345" src="http://www.youtube.com/embed/MpNjjIZxuN0" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

Ken Gushi
    21.51%
    Daijiro Yoshihara
    17.20%
    Joon Maeng
    50.54%
    Fredric Aasbo
    6.45%
    Kyle Mohan
    0.00%
    Other (explain)
    4.30%

Who would you be excited to see in a FR-S in Formula D 2012

Meant to put this in the Ken Gushi thread but it totally slipped my mind. With Mazda backing out and Scion still with a heavy presence in Formula D which drivers would you like to see in the new FR-S next year?

Poll Attached

Comment

Uploaded by scion on Jun 9, 2011

Has Mazda actually confirmed that they are backing out? Just because the RX8 isn't in production doesn't mean that Mazda is pulling their budget. As the adage goes, there are more Mazda's racing on any given weekend than any other brand, and I feel that Mazda wants to continue to promote that even if the RX8 isn't being manufactured.

Comment

Your 100% correct my mistake, Mazda hasn't officially backed out yet and is still a FD sponsor IIRC. But yeah this video is old pretty old but no one in the drift community has talked about it online. Pretty odd since he says in the video he will be in the car in the near future, stuff like that is usually big news.
        Last edited by Bebop; 09-06-2011, 02:48 PM.

Comment

I didn't vote for either because I want Tanner back next year in a Fr-S!!! Even though i know its not possible since he's with Ford

Comment

Rumor is this car will be priced around $19k base. I say privateers might jump all on this.
            <iframe width="560" height="345" src="http://www.youtube.com/embed/XMYf9StnBoQ" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>
            Last edited by my 1 88 u; 09-07-2011, 05:59 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by my 1 88 u View Post
              Rumor is this car will be priced around $19k base. I say privateers might jump all on this.
              I cant find the logic here.

Comment

Originally posted by Bebop View Post
                I cant find the logic here.
                Agreed. I don't see privateers spending 19k or more on an untested chassis unless they wanted the "cool factor". Especially when you could start with a used 350Z for around 12K or a S platform for even cheaper.
                I'd be really surprised if this car really came in at 19K. something tells me it will be more like mid twenties. Guess time will tell.

Comment

Loving the styling and candy paint...can't wait to actually see one in action

Comment

Wow, I'm honestly surprised how many Joon Maeng fans came out the woodwork for this.

Comment

A little off topic but guess what Rhys will be piloting?

Comment

Working...
                      X