This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Yippie!!!! I Got A S13 For Free!!!!

my grandfather in new jersey found me a s13 for free a little rough which could mean anything from nothing to trash heap but i do want to keep the ka24 simply for the torque i got a bosch turb o i am going to put on it after i rebuild the engine and would like to know if anyone can tell me how much it would cost to have a custom exhaust manafold done for it i was leaning towards nickel since i have seen nickel manifolds last on dumptrucks for a long time any help will be appreciated thanks guy im now i have joined the ranks of the s13 club

RevHard exhaust manifolds are $300+. I dont think they are nickel and they aren't equal length tubular either. But they get the job done on a budget. Good space savers too.

Comment

save your money unless you want to do mad building. a succesful sr is easier to have than a succesful turbo ka money and time wise. fully built ka that could take it would be nice.

Comment

as for turbo and manifold stuff dont realy know much about it

but as far as building a turbo ka, well ill just tell ya now that the ka can take a beating, or at least mine is
        and slapping a turbo on it just makes it that much more fun!
        the main reason people think the SR is sucha better engine is because any SR that comes frome japan has no more than 50 thousand miles (and if more you they probly got screwed unless it was real cheap)
        and all the KA's have been driven to who knows how many miles
        so their not as prestine as the sr's but with a lil rebuilding and some beefig up of the internals the ka will be a force to be reconded with
        i mean ive seen a slitely built turbo 96 240 (ka)give it to a 93 240 with sr but that was drag so......

Comment

so are you saying you can boost a stock ka motor to 400+ hp on a stock block?

i know an sr can do it!
          http://www.enjukuracing.com/racecar.html
          this is pretty nasty!

Comment

im pretty sure a cast iron block can take quite a boosting, as for for the ka head... well thast another question
            but yeah im gonna say it can be done

Comment

gtune, quit being retarded. We all know the advantages of both engines and you arent gunna convince anybody that doesnt already think (let me stress this think ) the SR20 is a better engine of such. Yes with good engine management a stock bottom end KA could go to 400 hp and have torque far superior to numbers put out by the sr20 but the compression ratios are high so low comp pistons are recommended if you dont know what you are doing with a stand alone.

Comment

first off, hachi roku is japanese for 86, like 86 a trueno. not an fc.
                talk about retards.
                yeah and i drive a silvia
                right
                ka sucks
                sr rules
                i have hade both
                the ka is a piece of *Censored**Censored**Censored**Censored*
                sr pistons around the world are lauging at your 400hp ka on stock block.
                i will stop laughing when you show the numbers

hachi roku!

Comment

oh yeah, the 544hp run is no bull either. i would like to see that done on a ka. well, i already have an sr so i will be happy. you go on enjoying your mass explosion ka. peace

Comment

anyways...

for clarification purposes the '86 FC thing... the ' before the 86 means year so if i said I was born in '52 i was born in 1952. So technically he drives a 1986 FC3S RX7. He was also not robbing people of their topics in the first place. When it all come down to it everyone has their choice in whatever they want to poking fun at them is not really worth it. He wants to stick with the KA so he can go ahead if he dosent he won't so get off his back unless he asks for an opinion.

Comment

its like slang.
                      dori-dori is slang for dorifto, which is how this would be pronounced in japanese.
                      hachi roku in japanese auto world means TRUENO
                      not just any 86'
                      now if you were japanese and were talking about your car, i guess you could say that, if you were speaking in an informal tone. like "i got an 86 fc." im not sure if you were japanese you would really say that though.
                      thanks
                      if he got the car for free, i say spend your money wisely and dont listen to people who say it is easy to get the ka to perform. i have seen tons of ka drifting s13/s14's in the D1. NOT EVEN CLOSE!
                      Last edited by gtune4; 03-23-2004, 12:02 PM.

Comment

Is this newb killin anybody else? Listen son, Digital Sol is exactly right, as my sig explains. It is my sn cuz I have an '86 FC (among other cars). The fact is, newb, hachi=eight roku=six. It doesnt mean eighty-six. Like A-E-eighty-six. Yes I know that hachiroku is the typical reference to an ae86 corolla, but that allusion was part of the reason I picked my sn. I was aware that it would misunderstood by 'tards and caught by others. Just my way, Im all about the obscure humor. Anyway... man, Im trying to pick points of yours to defend my position on but none of your arguments are valid. I'll find something. Alright, lets start here. How many LHD 240sxs (all are LHD as they were only offered to the USA) have you seen in D1 (a JAPANESE drift league). Catchin on yet. SRs COME STOCK THERE. THEY DIDNT GET THE KA. Dense. Another thing, why do these newbs keep talking about pros. Im gunna throw a link at you. I want you to read my defense to another newb who referred to pros.

http://www.drifting.com/forums/showt...3&goto=newpost

You drive a silvia eh?? So you drive a RHD car that nobody imports? S chassis doesnt mean silvia. Silvia was the name of the car in Japan. Im not gunna waste my time defending the KA on this board anymore. Ive done it more than enough times to newbs (like you) that take advantage of my attempts to educate them (you). If you want to hear my defense, do a search. Here or NICO or Freshalloy or any number of Nissan boards. Personally I dont care if you "are converted" or not. Anybody who would spend $3000 for a 50hp upgrade but drop in displacement/torque can be my guest. Im not dissing the SR. There are applications for such an engine. Dude, just buy a clue. I dont come here to argue.

Peace

Comment

thanks to everyone for their help. and even to our resident troll gtune4 . the real reason i was a ka motor is since it was sold here i want to be able to go to auto zone or pepeboys and pick up parts not order crap and wait a week for the sr theres a serios sr back log at the local parts stores around here for any imports . plus ive seen a xterra with a ka that was supercharged i dont think it was a factory job either pull stumps and that takes a whole a$$load of torque to do that. and heres my reasoning at work pull stumps = burn tires down to rims = fun. oh and gtune4 you do sound a bit like a troll dude

Comment

yea there are right each engine has their own advantages.

Comment

sorry gtune i was just stating an opinion but you do need a clue man

yeah theres no pros drifting ka's but then again youve got an sr and your not a pro drifter either

so what year 240? mines 89' SOHC hahayeah but im workin on gettin a DOHC KA in garage to work on
                              itll be a whiel
                              let us know how the turboing goes, i might need some good ideas

Comment

Working...
                              X