Yoshioka's new RS-R s15?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Yoshioka's new RS-R s15?

For 2012, Nitto will be sponsoring Joon Maeng with the Nitto Tire / Mazda RX-8, Matt Powers with Need for Speed / Nitto Tire S14, Michael Essa with the GSR Autosport / Nitto Tire Z4, and lastly a new addition to the Nitto Tire team, Toshiki Yoshioka with the RS-R / Nitto Tire S15

Pulled that off the press release Nitto released on the FD blog. Anybody else read or seen anything about it yet?

Good eye...

No info here, but this is a good look for oth RS*R and Yoshioka... but is the platform still competitive in American Drifting?

Comment

wait... No Tuerck? No Gardella racing? hmmm... this is very interesting.

Comment

Three things:
        1.)I'm betting this is one of the old Drift Speed s15s. Prob the one Yoshioka ran in gymkhana.
        2.)I'm wondering if Gardella isn't going back to Maxxis if they come back.
        3.) Any word on where Tuerck is going?

Comment

Lol wrecked is quoting me as a source about the Drift Speed D15.

Comment

VQ motor.... this will be interesting.

Comment

Awesome! Thats one of the best engine/chassis combos for sure. I really liked Bridges racing S13.5 VQSC.

Comment

I think only 2 VQs have ever podiumed in FD. Calvin Wans G35 and Tanner Fousts Z33

Comment

Originally posted by Bebop View Post
                  I think only 2 VQs have ever podiumed in FD. Calvin Wans G35 and Tanner Fousts Z33
                  only 2 cars, but Tanner won 3 or 4 events and 2 championships (and 7 other podiums) with that VQ. so you can't say that the motor sucks...

Comment

Not saying the motor sucks but pointing out that only one team figured the motor out.
                    Last edited by Bebop; 03-23-2012, 09:45 PM.

Comment

Working...
                    X