Hey junkyard drifters

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Hey junkyard drifters

Hey i was just wondering how much do 2 junkyard rims cost good for drifting.. and for drifting junkyard tires thanx wounder what the prices are about thanx guys

Thank you
    Chase

What size?

Comment

hey

um what do u think is a good size for drifting 15s? there going on a fc

Comment

I run 16s right now, and preferred it when I was running 17s. If you expirement a little, you'll figure out what size is better for YOU. And for you, that'll be what size is better for drifting ^_^

Comment

!!!!!!!1

17s!!!!!!!!!!!!!?

Comment

Junkyard rims are OK. Can find some here locally for $10-$25 each, work great, and disposable (if you curb them, etc). But Junkyard tires are questionable IMO. I dont mind dipping into the used tire trash bin because those tires recently came off a car. Sure the tread will be worn way down, but at least I know the rubber is still strong. Junkyard tires usually sit around in the rain for a while before you get to em and you have no clue as to how old they are. The rubber compound gets harder (which can be good for drifting), but its also very possible that the rubber has significantly weakened. Here's an example. I bought a set of junkyard tires (BF Goodrich Comp T/A's) for $40 for a set of 15's I had. Tread looked fairly new and I thought they would be great for drifting. It was a few weeks before the next Drift Session and I got a call from Revlimit about 2 in the morning. He had gotten a flat while cruzing around with his girl and he was stuck on the side of the road. No problem I said and threw one of those wheels with the junkyard tires into the back of my truck. Made it down to him, etc, etc and he was back on the road. Well 1/2 way home he was going like 50mph on the freeway and the sidewall on the inside of the tire (could not see it from the outside) completely gave way and seperated. Bad enough this happened while Revlimit was driving on the freeway, but imagine if it happened while you were drifting? The rubber was so weak from being in the rain for so long (unknown how long) that it had completely seperated. Not cool. No more junkyard tires for me. And in fact, I rarely goto the used tire bin anymore either. I'm starting to realize that, although expensive, new tires are the best for drifting because they are the most consistent.

Comment

If you want used wheels, check www.takumiproject.com

Comment

hey

THANK YOU, thanx for the tips Crazy I hope everone was ok thanx for the site Chas

Comment

YYYAAAYYY

Thanx for the site CHAS just checked 20mins from my house

Thanx
                  Chase

Comment

Working...
                  X