NEW to drifting and drifting.com

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• NEW to drifting and drifting.com

hey everyone! my name is justin. i'm new. i have a 1985 AE86 SR5 ( and a FB RX7. i really want to get into drifting. i've been doing alot of research and driving and stuff. there are some local guys that have been into it for years here and they talk about taking me out and showing me some of their "tricks", but they don't really go out and drift. currently the only "REAL" drifting i've done was getting sideways around every corner in my "five point slow" mustang(s) (i've had 6) and i take my hachi out in the dirt roads at the construction site i do security for. but thats more like rally racing than drifting and i wipe out alot. i used to be a dedicated "street racer"/drag racer, within reason of course(i'm only 18, well 19 at the end of this month). i LOVE racing and motorsports and i'm extremly passionate about it.

now how should i go about meeting drifters in my area? i live in northern california so locations are not a problem. i just dont know ANYONE who drifts really. i'm also going to start learning how to road race so i can learn about the lines of the road and stuff.

so does anyone wanna take a "noob" out on some moutain runs, not in my car of course because i don't yet trust my driving skills for it, but i make a killer co-pilot (i love anything fast and loud and dangerous). oh and i definately would prefer "street racing" style drifting (as in no track) than a sanctioned event purely because that is kinda what i'm into. if you guys wanna check out our drag racing scene go to www.eastbayracing.com and register on our board.

sorry bout the long post. i just wanna drift!

oh and btw i live in the east bay area, CA but i'm willing to drive.

Comment

Welcome, go check out candle stick this saturday man, drift day 6 put on by club4ag if you didn't already know about this event, and you should know about it by now

Comment

yeah i'm on club 4AG too because thats the only place i know of for Hachi info. i work graveyard tho, friday night and saturday, i don't know if i'll be awake/

Comment

Working...
        X