S14 vs Eclipse GSX

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• S14 vs Eclipse GSX

K my friend is talkin all this crap to me and I want to settle this. Which car do you think would win on the downhill. An SR20 equipped S14, or an eclipse GSX? Yea I know that the GSX is four wheel drive but I'm trying to get other peoples opinions on this.

S14 all the way.

Eclipses are said not to handle too well.

Comment

As the dori dori king says " the downhill is not about power, its about balance."

Anyways on The best motoring when they did 4wd vs 2wd, the 2wd's spanked the 4wd's.

Comment

Originally posted by noodleman
        I know the easy answer to that question, whichever one of you is the better driver is going to win. Dipshits.
        dude...your the tool
        even a bad driver can beat a a good driver if he has a better car...

Comment

I'd say that a KA24 equipped S14 would own the GSX on the downhill. The handling and balance is so much better.

But I may be a little biased. =P

Comment

There's so many variables. Which driver is better, the power difference and the difference in traction and handling. Without knowing how each car is tuned or driver skill there's really no way to know. But the eclipse will have a traction advantage off the turn. But they need to be careful and not overdrive the car or the course and hurt themselves.

Comment

I'd say the s14 would win.

Comment

BUT if the eclipse has nos....

Comment

Originally posted by Rooney
                  As the dori dori king says " the downhill is not about power, its about balance."

Anyways on The best motoring when they did 4wd vs 2wd, the 2wd's spanked the 4wd's.

I hope you mean spanked the 4WD on the downhill and not overall because unless u saw a special edition(or I could've been the one w/ the SE) Then it was a tie. And I think the Advan WRX won down and uphill if im not mistaken. ill watch it again 2night.

Comment

yea man its hard to compare 4wd vs. 2wd.

each car has its own advantages

Comment

Yes the WRX did win the uphill and downhill stock. The 86 beat the stock WRX. But you are looking at a HIGHLY tuned 86 with it's owner going against a stock WRX and he didn't own the car. A little unfair to say the least. But overall good battles to watch.

I'm not familiar with driving an AWD on the mountain. I for one have played around with one on Deals and they can be fast. But so can the RWD, so it's a toss up. It's kind of an unfair comparison since you are talking about a car with an engine swap done to it. The GSX's weren't really know for their handling though.

Yes it would all boil down to the drivers. Equipment can make up for a lot but in the end you can either drive or you can't and all the fancy gadgets ain't gonna make a diddly squat.

If you give me all of James Bonds gadgets, i'd still suck as a spy.
                      Last edited by Ghost of Duluth; 03-24-2004, 04:58 PM.

Comment

Here's my .02 cents.

If you compare both cars and let's try to equal all the possible variable, such as: Drivers ability/Tuning/tires and road condition.

Let's say that's been even out and all fair.
                        I say the FR still got the advantages. Remember 4WD tends to understeer. Which may cause some time difference between the 2.

But Since we're talking about a GSX. Give it 10 laps before it breaks something (mostly in the tranny side of things).

Comment

then the GSX driver will trash talk nissans.. which are still running... and then go to his forum and complain lol.. then come here and complain.. lol

Comment

Its happend before. Ha, same driver the s14 will win.

Comment

The s14 will win. The GSX will died out in the middle of the road because of something broke.

Comment

Working...
                              X