Ah, Spring is in the air!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Ah, Spring is in the air!

Well up in Minnesota, it's 60 today. Woohoo! No jacket, cruising with the windows down, gotta love it.

The roads are drying out, the gratter's been down the road. Everything's all nice and loose, perfect drifting weather!

This warm weather meant one thing, time to take out the weight in the back of my truck. Wow what 300 lbs of lightening can do, lol. My little truck's a little lighter on her feet now, instant spunkiness boost.

The rear doesn't stick as much, but oddly, it made a greater difference on the front. I get a little more understeer now, strange since most the added weight went to the rear. Go figure.

Anybody else loving Spring time?

It was just over 90 here yesterday

Comment

It's summer all year round down there, lol. I went to CA for Xmas to visit a friend, was just cold enough to wear a jacket...but barely. You guys have it rough

Comment

I feel you Minnesota guy! Here in Saskatchewan it's been winter for a hell of a long time, right now it's just barely 40 (oooh I used Fahrenheit), but with the wind-chill it is probably colder. The sun isn't out much, it's melting a bit.

Comment

I'll miss the snow and ice drifting though...well until next Winter, lol. For now, I'll enjoy and savor the warm weather cause I'm sure it will get cold again next week, lol. It was 40 here yesterday. The news guy or lady, can't remember which, said 60 for today, and I was like woohoo! Then it actually was, and I was like woohoo! er...woohoo! lol I sound like a 16 year old school girl, like whatever, as if, haha. Back to maturity.

<--(24 year old guy) for clarification

Comment

Yeah, winters are fun for the slipperiness. I was throwing my POS around corners bangin the bottom off ruts, I'm surprised the damn thing still runs with what I put it through. (ford festiva) The ebrake is broken so I have to hit the corners pretty fast the swing the back end out, the shitty tires back there help too, but not on purpose.

Comment

Reminds me of my Lesabre, foot e-brake that would stick on if I used it. I beat the tar out of that car and it loved every minute. There wasn't much I could do other than come in flying, brake heavy and feint hard. It's fun coming into a 90 degree corner at 65mph, braking just under lock-up where the rear end would wag around, feint and chucking that rear end out, and slide around the corner. Too bad I'd come out of the corner so slow, was always disappointing. I'd come out straight on the outside, but always at like 30mph. It was so frustrating. That car was a tank. It was built like one too. Now I got my bro's old Ranger and rwd is here to stay. Rwd is so much more fun. It's nice to actually use throttle for a change. To bad it's only got 70hp, maybe 50hp at the wheels. That's why I'm loving Spring and the freshly gratted roads.

Hopefully I'll get my Subaru in a day or two once we finish haggling for a price. It's a Forester but 4wd, manual, and a 1000 lbs less than my Ranger, twice as powerful too. We'll have so much fun together, lol. I think the dealer just put on some new Michellins too, crappy Symetrys but hey, I can't argue. I'll have to see how they handle gravel.

Yay for Spring!

Comment

I love spring. It my favorite season because it not cold nor hot.

Comment

I suppose it's trying to be Spring here in beautiful Cleveland. It seems the weather this time of year just isn't all about making definitive decisions about what it wants to do. Definitely no 60 degrees here today. I also miss the snow/ice drifting already.

Comment

Originally posted by bdjoe
                    I suppose it's trying to be Spring here in beautiful Cleveland. It seems the weather this time of year just isn't all about making definitive decisions about what it wants to do. Definitely no 60 degrees here today. I also miss the snow/ice drifting already.
                    I'm glad the snow and ice is gone. That means I can finally pull my car out of hibernation! BTW what are you driving?

Comment

HA.. what am I driving. I DRIVE a Ford Taurus. If i do any drifitng its in soultron's chevette. I haven't yet decided what I want to get for a drift car of my own.

Comment

Working...
                      X