WRC vs STi

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• WRC vs STi

So somewhere on the net.. and I can't find it anymore.. I found a pretty cool video, somewhat short.
    It's a batte between a WRX STi stock, versus a WRC WRX. going down a mountain in Jap I think.
    Anyone know where I can find it???? :P thanks

thats a BMI preview. Its on the drift bible DVD.

Comment

Awesome.. thanks!!!

Comment

Yeah, at the end of Drift Bible. The Rally version just sits there for 17 seconds and lets the STi take off. 15, 16,17, ok, time to go...zoom, lol. They caught up pretty quick. It must be the co-driver, yeah that's it.

Comment

Yeah that's not much of a surprise. The rally car has much more downforce and grip than the rally car thanks to functioning aerodynamics and racing slicks. Plus the paddle shift gearbox decreases the time spent shifting so it can accelerate harder. Not to mention Petter Solberg is one he11 of a driver.

Comment

Originally posted by Tsunami
            Not to mention Petter Solberg is one he11 of a driver.
            Solberg wasnt driving in that car, some japanese guys since they were in japan lol.

I thought it was funny how the guy in the STi was like "wow! It must be a lot easier to drive with that codriver" or something to that extent.

Comment

Hellz ya.. you don't have to think about if the mountain is going left or right.. or up or down. *Censored**Censored**Censored**Censored* the monkey next to you almost tells you how to piss! :P

Anyone know of a good link to what the setup actually is in those cars? I'd like to see some pics of their setup and what they actually run under their little skirts. Also that paddle shifter is mean I wonder where they get the trannies

Comment

i am pretty sure that according to the rules for WRC everything on your car has to be available to purchase by the public... so if you get the STi catalog and talk to Prodrive i am sure you can get everything... maybe not as tuned but you can get the base unit plus i am sure it would cost an arm and a leg... i think the rules state it has to be available to purchase not that it has to be affordable or how many they have to make

another interesting point is that the WRC cars are not built for speed... i think most of them top out around 120 MPH those the gearing is designed so that they can get upto speed as fast as possible + they never have a chance to go much past 110 or so mph anyway
                Last edited by the_finn; 03-29-2004, 08:13 AM.

Comment

^^ I would probably start to lose control in the dirt goin that fast

Comment

Yeh.. most WRC cars have a sequential transmission usually 5-speed sometimes 6 speed's... with gear ratios designed for only blistering acceleration and usually the top speeds are like 120 - 130 MPH.

Comment

Working...
                    X