Touge setup

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Touge setup

Hey I was wondering what the basic Touge setup is?

blown shocks and shitty tires
    broken wheel nuts
    you know your basic stuff

Comment

Good brakes, supsension, and nice sticky tires.

Oh yeah, and a good driver.

Comment

stiff suspension
        lsd
        some kind of roll cage (never know what will happen)
        and um a car!

Comment

Good tires, good suspension, CAGE! Maybe seats cause your gonna get thrown around, brakes, etc. Just basic car setup

Comment

oh dont forget the dash bord hulla girl

Comment

Oh dont forget one of those cell phone sticky pads. Im not kidding either.

Comment

hey

lol thanx and those cll phone sticky pads work really good

Comment

Re: Touge setup

Originally posted by monkeymagic
                  Hey I was wondering what the basic Touge setup is?
                  Balls. a pair of big brass balls.

Comment

hmm...

if you are asking this question.. no offense, u do not belong on a mountain. get ur arse to a track and figure these things out. u are going to get one result if you try the mountain right now... ur car in a ditch, or maybe another result, your car off the side. go to a track. test ur car, see what it does. don't be afraid to spin out a few times, get rid of EVERYTHING that is not bolted down to your car before you go out there and do not be afraid to learn. u can be humble and ask these kinda questions i can see. but i am telling u this for your own safety, not to be a dik. i have seen person after person after person, honestly too many to count, wrap their ride at the touge... don't be one of them. do it the right way and get your heal to toe on at a track the first time. be safe

Comment

Sorry but I have to agree whit optionboyONLINE...

But if you still want to go Touge be carefull! Remember that you drive touge because it's fun/gives you a kick not to race other cars. In other words: Don't spend money on performence parts that only makes the car faster (and more dangerous). Spend your money on the stuff you think would make the touge run more fun!

Ok speed is fun but you can have ALOT of fun on a winding road in a slow car alsow...

Start with upgrading your suspention and if you are suffering from brake fading upgrading the breaks is the next step.

After that a cage and a bucket seat is the next thing you would want.

Sorry for my bad english

/BR
                      Marcus

Comment

first i would stiff'n the car up...then work on transimission and break upgrades...then suspension or whatever comes first and ur basically set depending on what car u have....

Comment

monkey, aren't you 15? if I'm right then listen to option boy, you don't want to kill your first car on the touge, and there are so many tracks near you you really have no excuse, I've seen you around here so I'm sure you have seen footage of idiots who think the can race touge, and kids who smash thier new evo's, I'm sure thats not what you intended to do, but I had to say it just incase, I wish I had the sense not to What kind of car do you have or are looking to get, mabey we can help you out better if we knew that.

Comment

well first of all ..... you do wana take it to the track or take a few years to learn how to drive then hit the touge......... whats also funny is drifting.com gives me and everybody else all this bs about illegal drifting events and what not....i mean to register as a member u have to be 18 and about all of us are under the age except some guys..... soo im still here and their giving me warnings when were not even really supposed to be on here..... i dunno its just stupid how they runs things but i dont think aybody cares.... im just letting off some stupid steam....sorry adios

Comment

You have to be 18? Hmm, I must of went right by that part, lol. Oh well, I'm 24 anyways.

As far as my suggestion, if you're new to driving, you shouldn't think about drifting. Sure read up on it and learn as much as you can. However, don't think you can just go out and start drifting when new to the world of driving. It doesn't happen. Learn to drive first. Get some book knowledge while you get some real life experience. When you've got a bit of time and understanding under your belt, then go out and practice. My suggestion: experience - 1 to 2 years, boot knowledge - understand the concepts and techniques.

Experience is variable. You should really feel comfortable with the car as in it's almost second nature to drive. You should be at the point where you don't even think about driving, rather, you just do it. Second, when you get comfortable, you'll start to push your car and yourself. You'll slowly learn the limits of the car and how it behaves near the edge of its ability. When you get comfortable with pushing your car hard, you're ready to push it past its normal ability and start drifting. I see this as the natural progression.

Knowledge is just a matter of how much you want to know. I personally like to understand what's happening. It allows me to put techniques to proper use. Without knowledge, you don't understand anything. You just try things and see what they do. When something does happen, you don't know why. It's not a smart way to go about the drifting process. Rather, read up on techniques. Find out what each is for and why it's used. This amost needs some basic concepts of phyics to understand. In simple terms you have grip and the affect of weight on tire grip. The more weight over a tire, the more grip it has. Second is weight shifting through acceleration, braking, or steering. By combining various techniques using acceleration, braking, and steering, you can essentially move the weight of the car around to any tire you want. This allows you to control the drift: your angle, your corner speed(speeding up or slowing down while drifting), and the line you go around the corner. With lots of understanding and experience, you can basically accelerate, brake, and steer around the track or road as you with while sideways. It's all physics.

Comment

Working...
                              X