Do you consider this drifting?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Do you consider this drifting?

Here's a DSM "drifting." I don't personally consider that drifting. But maybe I'll change my mind after I hear everybody else's opinions.

Vid

if its ff and you were pullin on the e brake,then its *Censored**Censored**Censored* dragg style of drifto.but if its a awd and your end gets loose hell yea

Comment

I'm pretty sure that's FF

Comment

Only one I didn't see Drifting in that vid was the 240.

Comment

i cant really judge the drifting, the angles were so low, and for so short of a time that it wasnt very impessive, also the camera angle kindof sucked.

Comment

it's not FF...thats a 4WD talon turbo

Comment

For short corners like that and with a fwd, you can't do much else than that, well at least if you want to maintain speed. He does what I mostly do with my Ranger, although mine's rwd. I've got primarily 90's and for the most part just brake drift into and throttle through. I maintail a shallow drift angle cause my pos truck doesn't have the power to maintain higher angles. It looks a lot like that, lol. I'd consider it drifting although a bit short-lived. I'd suggest to him maybe be a little more brave. With a fwd, you can come in a bit hotter, get it sideways a little earlier, maybe feint a little.

^ edit ^ awd

Oddly, it behaves much like a fwd car. Perhaps he needs to do a little suspension work to get it a little more drift friendly. Either that, or he's not really trying to drift much, rather light drifting to keep speed up.

Comment

Originally posted by Coiloverkid
                it's not FF...thats a 4WD talon turbo
                How can you tell it's AWD? Just curious.

P.S. I like Talons. They make good drag cars.
                Last edited by Misthael; 03-29-2004, 01:08 PM.

Comment

Only one I didn't see Drifting in that vid was the 240.
                  no joke

i have no idea if it was 2 or 4wd but it was pretty cool
                  had a weird little intercooler though, or it was a front mount intake

Comment

Originally posted by nrgdrft
                    if its ff and you were pullin on the e brake,then its *Censored**Censored**Censored* dragg style of drifto.but if its a awd and your end gets loose hell yea
                    what the heck is "dragg style drifto"???

Comment

all that is, is just weak sauce grabbing the e-break around the corner..any monkey can do that..

Comment

looked like some dude drivin around a trak havin fun and being safe. maybe thats what it was supposed to be.

Comment

looked like he just broke traction to me. i consider drifting more of controlling the car in a slide through out a turn. he was sliding and turning but dosent seem like traction was broke more then a couple feet and regained traction. just my 2cents i cant drift but workin on improving.

Comment

You really can't get good drifts in a DSM,it's a little hard when your car's front-biased.Getting any DSM sideways is hard,I remember when Bai took someones AWD DSM and tried to drift it,he didn't get a really good drift.Considering he's a professional,I take it that's not the easiest car to get sideways and keep.

Comment

first off fwd or awd didnt mean *Censored**Censored**Censored**Censored* there cuz that guy wasnt drifting.... to me drifting is gettin sideways way before the turn even starts. that guy looked like he was just driving around a track

Comment

Working...
                              X