4-ag... 4-ag 20v.. 4-agze

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 4-ag... 4-ag 20v.. 4-agze

is it really worth swapping 2 either of the 4-ag motors frm a 4-ac.. as in will there be that much of a noticeable difference in power.. cuz honestly my car now is horrible.. i can barely keep up wit traffic up hill there's no acceleration no matter what gear i'm in.. i miss vvti.. stupidly i totaled my new car and was forced to buy a cheap car just to get around in.. my fren sold me a sr-5 for a cheap price soo i just bought it.. it's a fun car to drive i suppose.. just wondering ur guys' opinion b4 i waste money on a motor that i don't really need.

4AG motors are nice and hella cheep, like $200 bucks cheep for a long block and they bolt up to a SR5 tranny
    the Supercharged GZE motor has a lot more torque and cna be made smog legal..if thats an issue..
    the 20V is also a nice swap..and not to hard

in my view..got with the GZE supercharged..it has one thing the stock 4AGdosnt have...torque..and the 4AC is just a plain dog..also swap the GT-S rear end..it has disc breaks and better gears

for more info go to www.club4ag.com

Comment

4-AC carb engine is just too damn bad! my bro got an SR5 he got a 4AC and that's just really slow he he.

Comment

haha.. ya the 4-ac does suck.. i didn't know they made cars that slow.. something could be wrong wit the motor too.. that could explain the lack of power.. my frenz told me the 4-ac motor was bad but then they saw me accelerate & they told me it's not suppose to be that bad.. -.-

Comment

Originally posted by driftfreak
          is that a bonsai kitty??

Comment

There is already a thread prolbly more devoted to this engine.

Please serach 4-AGE

Comment

My i highly sugest going supercharged? i know alot of the hachi guys are all for naturally aspirated, but the Supercharger will be just like a NA motor with alittle help! plus you can make some awesome power for cheaper, compared with your light 86 you will have a nice quick car. And i would look for a GTS rear end in a junkyard. Make it into an awesome drift car. i will look for some dyno graph or power numbers on the supercharged motors. Probably alot of info with our friends over at club4ag.com

and if your new to drifting check out the links on my signiture in how to get started. Drift that Sr5!

Comment

... Lies..

4agze and 20valves are hard to swap in. Takes alot of patience to get them in, lots of money.. lots. Takes alot of working the engine in to fitting right in the bay, 20valves need the firewall pounded in to fit. You will need to be very good at solving wiring issues, setting up gauges, have stock corolla, and the ae101, ae111 electrical diagrams and manuals. If you get a gze, have a extra transmission or 2 laying around. You will need to upgrade your suspension and brakes to handle more power, stabilizer bars are always best to have since the chassis is weak. If your not mechanically inclined, or have never done a engine swap. Don't do it. Easiest thing to do is get stock gts parts and do a gts swap. Going with something different will greatly change the car, the brakes wont be able to handle it, the suspension wont be able to handle it, and you would prolly hurt yourself pushing it too hard. The SR5 axel is trash, you will need to get a gts axel and a lsd. Good suspension set up is key, includes tires too, and different wheels.

Just to let you know. Your jumping into a pit. This car sucks up soo much money you will be freaking out.I know this for a fact, because I have owned 4 of these. I am a student, I can barely pay for school let alone my car.. so make wise decisions because there are things that you would have never thought of that need fixing or replacing.

Comment

My post wasnt as 4ag specific as it sounded, I just prefer supercharges on small dispalcement motors on cars like the 86. It would still make a cool car i think.

Comment

club4ag.com tech refrence section read it, learn it, love it

Comment

Originally posted by _uG TM
                      ... Lies..

4agze and 20valves are hard to swap in. Takes alot of patience to get them in, lots of money.. lots. Takes alot of working the engine in to fitting right in the bay, 20valves need the firewall pounded in to fit. You will need to be very good at solving wiring issues, setting up gauges, have stock corolla, and the ae101, ae111 electrical diagrams and manuals. If you get a gze, have a extra transmission or 2 laying around. You will need to upgrade your suspension and brakes to handle more power, stabilizer bars are always best to have since the chassis is weak. If your not mechanically inclined, or have never done a engine swap. Don't do it. Easiest thing to do is get stock gts parts and do a gts swap. Going with something different will greatly change the car, the brakes wont be able to handle it, the suspension wont be able to handle it, and you would prolly hurt yourself pushing it too hard. The SR5 axel is trash, you will need to get a gts axel and a lsd. Good suspension set up is key, includes tires too, and different wheels.

Just to let you know. Your jumping into a pit. This car sucks up soo much money you will be freaking out.I know this for a fact, because I have owned 4 of these. I am a student, I can barely pay for school let alone my car.. so make wise decisions because there are things that you would have never thought of that need fixing or replacing.

I agree, switching from a carbie to an EFI engine, I have to agree it won't be cheep. the carbie car doesn't have an electric fuel pump so you need more than just the engine/harness. you need a full engine/harness, ECU, wiring to the fuel tank, installing a fuel pump, running the right lines/etc. Granted at the end it's worth it but getting there is questionable given the amount of $$ it's gonna take.

The Hachi, as good as it is, can be a money pit if you really start driving it hard. Just know little things will go out on it from time to time (more often than not really) given it's age and the kids of things that those cars traditionally need attention given to.

www.partznet.com <-----best resource for wholesale Toyota parts. takes a while to get them in but can save you hundreds.

Comment

ya.. i've only had the car like a month.. my fren changed a bunch of stuff on it.. but it seems like i'm having to change the same parts again.. o well.. thanx

Comment

why would you half to pound stuff arnt the 20v and gze the same blocks as 4ag?

Comment

The distributor on the 20V is on the same side as the transmission. Other 4AGs (large port/small port, 4AGZE supercharged) have the distributor on the opposite side on the exhaust cam, sticking over the exhaust manifold. you have to pound the firewall to clear the distributor cap and wires.

Comment

Working...
                            X