Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• I wonder if you could drift this Accord

http://www.honda.co.jp/HDTV/news/200...01a/index.html
    That Accord (or Inspire, I can't tell) is fitted with Honda's new SH-AWD (Super Handling All-Wheel-Drive) system expected to be on the RL/Legend in the near future.

Awesome, I think honda is getting smart...er.

Comment

Now I'm not sure as I don't understand the language used, but that looked like traction control or active stablity management(taking power from the wheels that are spinng and giving it to the wheels that are griping). Theres a couple more that do the same exact thing. Which is to help keep traction. Basicly it looked like that "super handling" system would do almost the exact opposite of what a lsd would do. Therefore bad for drifting.
      Last edited by Emagdnim; 04-01-2004, 07:33 PM.

Comment

just disable the asm? and also if its awd you could make it rwd

Comment

sorta off topic but does anyone else wish that preludes were rwd and turbo like silvias? or at least rwd? think about it, they look alot like 240sx'/silvias but with their own unique style and would look sick drifting. you could have your boro 1st gen prelude drift beater, or a sexy last gen prelude d1 car. also the honda optional equipment lip's and sideskirts are dead sexy imo. sorry for getting off topic

Comment

Originally posted by Rooney
            Awesome, I think honda is getting smart...er.
            don't be too quick to judge...honda's all motor NSX is faster than the Nissan Skyline r34 GT-R which is TT....how do you explain that? their smart, but if they wanted to focus on the sport';s cars and crazy compact's they'd lose business in america as a cheap, affordable, and awesome gas mileage car. it's busniness....

Comment

I agree with Emagdnim. It looks more like a Traction Control found in EVO and STI's. I dont think it produce driving torque. I think it's more to stabilize the rear when it's loosing traction. I bet it will be good in GRIP racing. But it might have understeer problems though.

Comment

It would be nice to see Honda bring the higher end technology to their normal cars. They're not new to 4wd. My mom had an old '87 awd Civic. It handled very well in the snow. I'm suprised they didn't stay with 4wd that much. I guess most customers just didn't need it, only those up north. My mom now has a CRV, againn awd. I just like seeing good technology being put to a good general use. It would be nice to see this type of stuff offered in their Civics, Accords, and such, their normal consumer cars.

Comment

This is called limited slip.......

Comment

Just watch Ice racing. I've been watching Ice Racing from France(ANDROS series). They all run AWD w/ Fw and Rw steering. Its just insane. Here is a perfect example. Who has ever seen a KIA drift. I know I havent, untill I saw this show. Yes I know they are racing on snow and ice. And I do agree that Honda needs to make RWD or AWD models available to the general public. There is an obvious market out there other wise this forum would not exist and all of us might be buying Hondas instead of Nissans or Toyotas.

Comment

Honda has yet to manufacture a rear diff for these AWDs that will hold any power. If you have ever looked at the diff in a CRV you will understand. They are manufactured for their intended purpose Traction. Honda has a lot of problems with them going bad in their V6 powered Oddesys as well. Yes Honda could build a RWD Killer. And be a bit better than the S2000 and on a Civic or Accord Platform. But why. They just took 5th in the F1 with a Japanese driver. As the demand grows on the sports car maybe they will suprize us all.

Comment

I was watching that ANDROS series the other day it was insane.

The kia rio is bad A$$. It made me want one. It had like 8 inch fender flares and AWD and all wheel steering.

Comment

Mueller's KIA is a KIA only in name. Not one part on that car has ever been anywhere close to Korea. Maybe the engine block? Don't get too excited. I actually prefer watching the Promo cars, because they don't have the four wheel steer. They seem to have greater slip angles and are more fun to watch. At least to me.

Comment

if they only had a more exciting track. i mean the ovals alright but think about a nice twisty cuircuit style one

Comment

That's exactly what it is. It is called the Andros series. It was on Speed Channel for at least two hours today, and I think for a couple of hours yesterday. They have been showing it a lot lately.

Comment

Working...
                              X