• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Dodge VIPER Sponsorship CONFIRMED!

<PRESS RELEASE>

MOPAR SIGNS HUBINETTE TO PILOT DODGE VIPER COMPETITION COUPE
    IN FORMULA DRIFT SERIES

Center Line, Mich. — Team Mopar has signed expert drifter Samuel Hubinette to drive its 500+ horsepower Dodge Viper Competition Coupe in the Formula Drift Championship (Formula D) series.

The series will consist of four championship rounds across the country from Los Angeles to Atlanta. Over a dozen teams have already committed to the series, which first event is scheduled April 24–25 at Road Atlanta in Georgia.

“The Dodge Viper has been a dream car for me ever since I first saw it,” said Samuel Hubinette. “So having the opportunity to drift it competitively for Mopar is unbelievable. I can’t wait to get out there and show everyone what this Mopar Dodge Viper can do.”

Hubinette (pronounced Hoo-bin-et), a native of Sweden, is considered by many to be the top drifter in the United States. He finished first among American drivers at the 2004 D1 Grand Prix, and in the top-10 overall with his team Lateral G Racing.

“We feel that Sam will be a perfect fit for Team Mopar,” said Kevin Miller, Senior Brand Manager for Mopar. “He’s well-spoken, intelligent and not afraid to push the envelope both on and off the track.”

Hubinette has worked as a performance driving instructor, including a stint at the Skip Barber Racing School where he gained experience driving Dodge Vipers. Hubinette also worked as a stunt driver in several television commercials.

False Statement

"Hubinette (pronounced Hoo-bin-et), a native of Sweden, is considered by many to be the top drifter in the United States. He finished first among American drivers at the 2004 D1 Grand Prix, and in the top-10 overall with his team Lateral G Racing."

This post is to let people know that Samuel Hubinette, did NOT race for Lateral G Racing in the D1 of 2004 and did NOT place top-10 overall with Lateral G. Samuel Hubinette partnered and raced with Team Jasper Performance in the D1 of 2004 driving the Jasper Performance Supra. I do not know where this press release originated but know that this part of the release is false and Samuel had NO tie to Lateral G in the 2004 D1 USA. People are being contacted to correct this. Thank you.
    Last edited by STFUAD; 04-02-2004, 11:06 PM.

Comment

Re: False Statement

Originally posted by JasperShowWRX
      I do not know where this press release originated..
      This information was released today at IAS by Team Mopar.

Comment

MOPAR

Thank you for the info, MOPAR has been informed, take care!

Comment

I'm glad to see Mopar into drifting but sometimes I wonder who's behind it. There's a group of old-school guys in there that are responsible for the New Hemi, but the powers that be wanna see Mercedes powerplants for everything. Not only that I'm wondering if Sam actually had always loved the Viper or if he was just saying that for the company. Either way I hope they get the thing to sound better, the V10 sounds like a V6 rather than the 500inch monster it really is.

Comment

WTF. Lateral-G had nothing to do with Sam During the last D1. I know for a fact that he was racing for Japer Performance. LateralG is that queer annoucer from New Zealand, and he had NOTHING to do with Sam during the D1. This is some BS. Did you see one LG sticker on the supra? NO because they had nothing to do with it. I hope the truth comes out.
            Last edited by Chas; 04-03-2004, 12:07 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by Chas
              WTF. Lateral-G had nothing to do with Sam During the last D1. I know for a fact that he was racing for Japer Performance. LateralG is that queer annoucer from New Zealand, and he had NOTHING to do with Sam during the D1. This is some BS. Did you see one LG sticker on the supra? NO because they had nothing to do with it. I hope the truth comes out.
              Yeah, I dont know how Mopar could've made such a bull$hit mistake in a press release.

Comment

doesnt lateral g manage sam? maybe thats wat they meant. ?

Comment

no, not for D1.

Comment

Sam

We here at Jasper Performance are excited for Sam and wish him the best of luck in the Formula D Series! Sam is an awesome guy and we know he will do well! We have now put 2 drivers (Rhys and Sam) into the top 16 ranks at 2 consecutive D1 USA competitions in our Jasper Performance Supra. We are excited that these two US drivers are at the top of their game and ready to give the Japanese a run for their money!

Don't worry Supra fans... don't frown... don't fret...we have another driver...shhhhhhh...it's a secret. :P

Comment

Wow Jasper is making stars over there. If you want to drift for a big domestic manufacturer, help out jasper! i think ford is still availible.. im sure pontiac will want to drift there new kappa platform cars when they come out.

Comment

Lateral-G Racing

This post is to let people know that Samuel Hubinette, did NOT race for Lateral G Racing in the D1 of 2004 and did NOT place top-10 overall with Lateral G. Samuel Hubinette partnered and raced with Team Jasper Performance in the D1 of 2004 driving the Jasper Performance Supra. I do not know where this press release originated but know that this part of the release is false and Samuel had NO tie to Lateral G in the 2004 D1 USA. People are being contacted to correct this. Thank you.
                        Lateral-G Racing currently works with and manages several drivers including Samuel Hubinette who has been an integral part of the LGR team for over one year. Samuel did drive the Jasper Performance Supra at the last D1 event which we where excited about. Samuel being managed by LGR is where this confusion came from and we are looking in to correcting it.

Jasper Performance has built a formidable car for drifting as proven by both Rhys Millen and Samuel Hubinette. LGR has a good relationship with Jasper Performance from back when Rhys first drove the Supra and we where excited that Samuel had the opportunity to drive the same car. We are happy for the success of Jasper Performance in the last two D1 events and we wish them continued success.

Comment

Maybe we need to get Sam up in here and clear this up.

Sam good luck from DriftXtreme we wish you the best.

Comment

i like..vipers..they are nice...XD VIP STYLE

Comment

Working...
                            X