No announcement yet.

Why arent S12s popular among drifters?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Why arent S12s popular among drifters?

i've been doing some research on the S12s for a write up im doing on all of the S series nissans sold in america... and the thing i dont get is why arent these popular?? the hatchbacks look similar to the 86 hatch so anyone who likes that look would like these. They had a CA20 engine, and i think a turbo option and a 3 liter v6 versions, theres like 5 in my local junkyard. I did a quick search on auto trader and found one in my area for 1400 dollars, and they were all cheap.

My question is this, why arent these cars drifted more often?
    especialy by nissan guys??? any one who has any information or opinions on this car, feel free to say so, i want as much imput on these as possible. Especialy about what you would think about a drift car S12.

I think lack of support....mostly suspension.

I remember an old member had a sig that had a S12 and a S13 drifting, and it said "respect your elders" but it was photoshopped.

Comment

Originally posted by Rooney
      I think lack of support....mostly suspension.
      Lack of support? like i'm gonna let that stop me....

Comment

lol good attitude

Comment

It can stop alot of people .

Well...you drive a chevette so....lol j/p

Comment

i've got the v6 version, which isnt too bad...lots a torque, which is cool. but, most people complain about the lack of aftermarket...i honestly havent had a problem finding parts, just lack of money..and the comparison between the 86 and s12...thats why i bought this car in the first place....i drove by this lot, and thought it was an 86...i bugged the owner for a week, asking the price of the toyota he had..well, when i found it was 5sp, low miles, rwd, and v6...it was mine....oh, and only a grand. good body, good interior, 4whl disc....i'm tired of it now though, need something new.
            Last edited by capitalking; 04-04-2004, 09:59 AM.

Comment

They can be great cars. Theres parts out there, you just gotta find them

Comment

Since you can stick a CA18DET in them,engine wise they are great.Suspension componets,mostly a custom job.S12's are cheap,even if you were to buy one from Japan.The shipping,tarrifs,and storage would cost more than the car.

Comment

isthe s12 selling under 240sx name in the u.s.

Comment

no it was sold as the 200sx, not to be confused with the later b14 "200sx" sold here

Comment

ok thanx a bunch

Comment

i jes saw one appear at my hs parking lot. i thought i saw my first hachi roku from afar, so i checked it out and turned out to be the security ladies' 200SX. she had rims on em, one of those several spoked ones riding on 15's. she doesnt look like the drifter type, but if you are to buy that kinda car and modify it, thats gotta mean you know what your buying and getting into cuz you dont see much of those down here especially customized

Comment

i can see where the the s12/240 thing came from....considering the s13, and s14 are all chassis codes for 240's..also, the 200 overseas is what we had as a 240.like the s14 koukie and zenkei. after the 180's. also, what the silvia was derived from. the earlier silvias had ca18's(overseas)s13. the 200 led to the 240....only they probably should have put the vg30de in the 240...helluva lot better than the sr20's. also, parts aren't too bad, you just have to waste a lot of time online like i have.
                          Last edited by capitalking; 04-05-2004, 07:20 PM.

Comment

if they put the vg wouldnt it technically be a 300sx? back to the s12 200sx, i would think the reason no one drifts/tunes them is no support. maybe cause theyre older too. does anyone know what other nissans share parts with the s12? ive heard some older z stuff can be used?

Comment

i was wondering if the later models of the 200 are fr? you know the sentra look-a-likes. if so i want one just because, no one has them, and i think nissans are the coolest.

Comment

Working...
                              X