ad

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

A little out there but... - Best Game to Drift in? Your Picks.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• A little out there but... - Best Game to Drift in? Your Picks.

Ok, I've seen quite a few mentions of games in posts talking about drifting. I thought I'd start a "best games" post. Basically, what are your top picks for best games you can drift in. It can be for any game system: PS2, PC, even in an arcade. I offer this list as a way for fellow drifters to try techniques and theories in the virtual world as opposed to the real world. This is especially useful for those who currently don't drive or are still just new to driving and want to understand more about cars and drifting in a safe way.

I'll start off. Now I've only had a very brief experience with GT3 from a few runs from a neighbor's PS2. I've seen him race a bit and have seen quite a few GT3 drifting vids. Short of the gamepad setup, it seems to be a decent game. I think the GT3 drifters out there are using wheels, but I could be wrong. I'll give it a vote just because it seems like an awesome game for what little I've actually played.

Now onto a personal favorite of mine. This one's for PC and is currently in developement. That game is called Live For Speed or LFS for short. The physics are outstanding, only matched by the top of the line sims available like Nascar and F1 Challenge. However this game's different. It's made by only 3 people, yep 3 people. It's been in developement for something like 2-3 years and is currently at it's first release stage S1. There is a demo available for free that introduces you to a few cars and a track. The Full S1 version gives you more cars and tracks and costs around $20 US. There are plans for 2 more release versions S2 and S3, each further enhancing the physics model, provides more cars and more tracks, and improves the overall look of the game. Physics wise and fun wise, this game can't be beat. There are quite a few vids users have made, many of them drifting vids. It's a beautiful game despite its early stage of development. Check out www.liveforspeed.com for their homepage and http://forum.racesimcentral.com/forumdisplay.php?f=205 for a user forum. Also as a note, the developers work hand-in-hand with the game users to further improve and create the game. That's an awesome thing. This game is great and will only improve in the future. Remember, this is a work in progress but awesome none the less.

Ok, post your favorites and talk about them: how realistic they are, what they offer, etc.

GT3 all the way! that game rules. ill have to check out the other game u speak of

Comment

as far as GT3 drifters go, most use wheels(including me), but that doesn't mean we can't use a controller. most of the best on www.gtplanet.net use wheels. there is like 1 or 2 exceptions.

rock.

Comment

yeah i am too poor to buy a wheel. lol. i use the good old controller!

Comment

If I could only show you guys what it looks like in motion.
          Attached Files

Comment

Straight from need for speed underground into Vice city.
            Attached Files

Comment

And what other game could I drive my own car.
              Attached Files

Comment

LFS

Comment

LFS def

Comment

Lol, grand theft auto. I completely forgot about the add-ons. Got vice city for a while now and have never looked online for cars or map additions. I had some fun with the original GTA3, now you make me want to start modifying Vice City.

Glad to here there are some other LFS'ers on here.

Comment

Drift For Food....chck ur PM

Comment

I liked GT3 until Kaido Battle. The physics are a little more lax than GT3 but the replay is 100 times better than GT3 and the mountains are 100 times more cooler than Drifting around Laguna Seca.

Comment

Unknown User, no PM?

Comment

Rallisport Challenge and soon to be Rallisport Challenge 2 (May4, 2004)

Go get it. You will not be disappointed... unless you don't have an Xbox.

Comment

i like gt3. cant wait for gt4 though.

Comment

Working...
                              X