Last Nights Drift

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Last Nights Drift

Last night we drove at Kaji Damn. It was the first time the 3 of us actually all had our cars working so, it was a good time. When we first got there the conditions were wet. I was expecting dry conditions because it had not rained all day. I changed my tires to your basic 3mm of tread drift tire. So, when we got there I was sliding like crazy (in a bad way). After about 20-30 cars showed up and started driving the road finally dried up at about midnight.

Here in Japan there is kind of a system at the drift spots. If you are the first people there you can start off in what ever order you want, go up, turn around, come down, turn around, and go again. But as other cars start to come in, they start at the back. If the back car is signigicantly faster than the front car, he will most likely drive a few feet off of the bumper of the car in front of him and hope that the front car changes positions with him at the top or bottom. If the speed difference is neglegable, the order will not change.

I find that three circuits is all it takes me to get to the front. Last year when I did not really know what I was doing, I moved backwards. Now I am at the front in no time. There was one car though that was significantly faster than me. It was a red s14. Not only is he a good driver, his car is heavily modified. I tried to keep up with him by not drifting the straights. He was still walking away from me. Anyway, I got my camera and am planning on taking some pics and video today.

coooool.....

Comment

Oh man...you make me want to move to Japan to study even more...sounds like a great place from what i've herd around here and from some natives....what a sweet drift dream your having

Comment

yeah dude, i want to open my chiropractic office in japan...he he he....chiropractor by day, drifter by night. wow, i have 3 friends at my school from japan and they say it's off the chain. can't wait to at least take a vacation out there.

Comment

I want to live in JAPAN!!!

Comment

Sounds like alot of fun but I'm happy where I am.

Comment

maaaan you guys in Hawaii have it good. Only like 15 dollars to drive at an event!!!

Comment

damn... im heading out to japan next year... when i get tha money... ooh, migs, what did i miss @ diamond plaza last night, nething interesting?

Comment

Working...
                X