FF Touge?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• FF Touge?

Hey, I was woundering about the goods if any.. and the bads of using a ff on touge.

Bads.....MAD understeer unless ur PRO with the e-brake....

Comment

Goods... Stability, stability, STABILITY!!!!

Comment

Originally posted by Unclever Name
        Depending on the car, it won't have bad under. Unless you suck and turn the steering wheel all the way while trying to stay on the throttle from entrance to exit =P

Comment

ok

Alright thanx, the cars a 92 integ Anythink else?

Comment

cool my brother is getting an acura integra, i think he wants a gs-r, or one with a b20 swap already done because he's stupid and can't swap himself...

btw i dont know *Censored**Censored**Censored**Censored* about acura or hondas..lol

Comment

o

o cool what car do you have?

Anyone else with more info about ff touge

Comment

Originally posted by Unclever Name
                That's what left-foot braking is for.If you run a proper line (assuming one were to know the basics of racing),then left-foot braking will allow you to turn more faster while eliminating understeer.You just have to use a combination of left-foot braking and throttle.Type-R's(love them or hate them),in the hands of a good driver,one who knows how to tune for touge,could hand a lot of FR drivers their *Censored**Censored**Censored*.Touge isn't just about drifting,that's got to be the biggest misconception about it.

Comment

Both FR and FF have disadvantages on and off track. If the surface is wet, Ill take the FF, I would grip faster in a touge vs. FR on a wet surface. BUT! I prefer using FR and work out the disadvantages.

Comment

They touch on this in Togue Showdown 2 with Tsuchiya in the ITR and Taniguchi in an S14. The S14 beats it up and down and even Tsuchiya has some trouble with understeer.

Comment

Originally posted by Ex-Cat
                      They touch on this in Togue Showdown 2 with Tsuchiya in the ITR and Taniguchi in an S14. The S14 beats it up and down and even Tsuchiya has some trouble with understeer.
                      thanks for the support. i was starting to feel like a D!pSH!t

Comment

ok

Ok, Cool thanx

Comment

there was also the 2.0 v-tec challenge its had a b20 powed civic VS acord euro R vs amuse S2k and the civic won starting from mid grid

its been on this site once and you can get it off kazaa

Comment

looks like a lot of people are tossing round terms that they dont fully understand..
                            Left foot breaking ,it is what it says it is...you use your left foot on the breaks while in a turn, to transfer weight to the fron on an FF car to help it get around a corner(you can do this on any car) its food for a car with understear prblems, but it KILLS SPEED on tarmac!
                            having said that leftfoot breaking takes some time to master and you have to know your car..

I personly have no problem with people building FF cars for grip, FF cars are doing real well in a lot of production based road race series here in the US..
                            but please just say no to FF drifting and FF drag.

Comment

driftfreak, love the avitar, lol. That's hilarious.

Ok, onto fwd...
                              Yep, you do do grip and can be quite fast. Fwd isn't necesarily a disadvantage. It can be very good if tuned right and that you understand when and how to use the throttle. One big bonus that has already been mentioned is stability. One think I loved about my fwd cars in winter is that I could fly down the road even if it was icy. Of course, steering and braking was another story and is the same for all drive types. The front pull stability in bad conditions is one of fwd's best aspects. (I like how people type breaking for the word braking, lol)

The hardest part with fwds is that you need to learn to know when to use the throttle. When cornering, you DON'T use throttle. For the most part you'll be using just enough throttle to maintain speed. You can set your car up with some oversteer to allow you to use a little throttle on corners. Most stock cars are set up with understeer and are usually front heavy. This means the fastest way around a corner is with the gas off or even with light braking. You lay on the throttle on the straights. The nice thing is you can just floor it without having to worry about the rear end coming out. If your car has lots of power, you may want to be easy on the throttle. You can't acceleterate as fast as a rwd because of the weight shift to the rear and the loss of traction on the front tires during acceleration. There is a limit, and going above it just wastes tires. Learn this throttle grip limit well both on straights and in turns.

Some tuning tips...
                              Set up the car with oversteer. This will give you some ability to use a little throttle in the corners. Also, set up the car to keep the weight on the front end when accelerating. A stiff rear end will cover both of these, stiffer springs and stiffer shocks. The only downside is that your rear end may get a little loose during braking in the corners.

Comment

Working...
                              X