JGTC to hit USA!!!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• JGTC to hit USA!!!

hot from the optionboyONLINE.com news feed....

from the first time i ever saw a 500hp JGTC superbeast on a video, i freaked out... well, my wettest dreams have come true... JGTC IS COMING TO THE USA DECEMBER 18 and 19 to CALIFORNIA SPEEDWAY!!! yes, the actual JGTC Japan Grand Touring Car series... so, now that drift has hit the united states and we all showed support, it is time to embrace what this motorsport is all about in it's PUREST... YOU BETTER CLICK to <a href="http://insider.speedtv.com/viewforum.php?f=17&sid=fa6d4e9b8ef0406dda556861866 5f0eb"target="_blank">the real info</a> and you best post away!!!! SHOW YOUR SUPPORT u drift donkeys and get it on! get ur edumacation!!!

Get familiar with what is also cookin on the JGTC Official Website in JP. <a href="http://www.jgtc.net/"target="_blank">OFFICIAL JGTC</a>

you know i wouldn't post all this without linking out videos to it. so, posted courtesy of JGTC JP, are the official vids from JGTC in english and japanese for all you bandwidth feeders. go get it... www.optionboyonline.com

Sweet!! Now maybe some of the American grip drivers will start respecting the Japanese pro's when they find out they can grip roadrace too. So much negativity comming from that crowd ...

Comment

Is the whole grip vs. drift thing exclusive to the US? Because I know that D1 guys are capable of traditional road racing. Tsuchiya is "Dori Dori" the "Drift King" but has made his career from road racing. Hell! Last season he just retired from the JGTC. Nobutero Taniguchi, is an acomplished road racer as well, and I'm sure that there are many others who are just as capable of both. As far as I know. Nobody in Japan cares if they do both, or which is better, or any of that other stuff.

Comment

Originally posted by CrazyHawaiian
        Sweet!! Now maybe some of the American grip drivers will start respecting the Japanese pro's when they find out they can grip roadrace too. So much negativity comming from that crowd ...
        serious?? man that sucks.... I'd figure they would atleast know about them b4 talking ish... like nobutero he does both and he's the ish at both of em

Comment

Don't forget Manabu Orido eitheir.He runs in JGTC and can drift with the best as well.

Comment

Yeah. A lot of the folks over there can do both. I think if you can do one well, you should be able to do the other well. Physics are physics, and the ability to control a car is an ability to control a car. It just depends on if the person/driver wants to learn how. I know, that some racers just aren't too crazy about a car going sideways. Especially those, who have been taught for their entire careers (even as children in karts) to keep the car from sliding.

Comment

v.s.?

the battle of grip v.s. drift and who gets the most credit does not exist in japan. that is just us american types with big heads being dumb. respect is not something entirely understood in this country. to seek knowledge and education implies respect and a thirst for what is real by understanding it's roots. nobody is saying grip or drift is better. actually, without grip and road racing fundamentals, drift wouldn't exist. think about it... heal to toe... threshhold braking... corner entrance and exit strategies... where do you think these monstrous intercoolers and radiators came from? drifting endurace races? c'mon already... please think before posting. even if it hurts. once again, i am not telling everyone how to think, just please go so far as to think for a moment on your own and seek education and knowledge. i welcome both grip and drift with open arms and hope the rest will do the same. if you think that the people who originally made drift huge didn't have a background in club road racing events, slalom type time attacks, and haven't spun a car on accident on the road track, you are cracked. these drivers have immense skill, talent, and dedication to their passion, and like the hundreds before them, sought education, asked questions, and learned how to drive a stick just like the rest of us.

Comment

I think we all agree.

Comment

Damn, thats sweet. I was just thinking how sweet it would be if JGTC came to the states.

Comment

wow. 2 events goin on at the same time. theres the D1GP Japan vs. USA also on the 18th at Irewndale. But will it be possible to run both on the same day?Cause some guys are racers in JGTC and a bad a$$ drifter.

Comment

I wonder how much tickets are gonna be

Comment

Sorry guys, I wasnt trying to start a grip vs drift thing. I hope you guys dont think I have some sort of issue with it (love both, dont care). Just reading the SCCA forums and listening to some of the grip guys at our local mix-match grip/drift events. The general feeling I get is that they think drifting is dumb. So I was saying, maybe now that we're gonna be seeing some serious grip roadracing from guys that also drift, maybe those SCCA types might give drifting a little more respect. As for me, I could care less. Both are fun!! Though I like drifting more because its a little more extreme.

Comment

Working...
                        X