Toyota Cressida Mark II question

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Toyota Cressida Mark II question

I was at my uncles today and one of his friends had a Toyota Cressida 89-92 or something. After looking at it for a while it sort of looked like an old "VIP style" Japanese drift car. So, I was thinking that it was RWD...does anyone know if it is RWD for sure? and also, could you tell me if they made a Manual Transmission Cressida. Im not planning on buying this car or anything...just curious.
    Thank You

just look in the rear under the car to see if it has a rear diff. if it does....then its RWD. if not....FWD. rear diff looks just like a ball....or half a ball since u can only see half on more cars and trucks

Comment

http://www.drifting.com/forums/showt...light=Cressida

Comment

yeah...im lazy...

Comment

lazyness will be punished *nerf gun*

Comment

Originally posted by CrazyHawaiian
            lazyness will be punished *nerf gun*
            AHH!! IT BURNS!!

Comment

yes its rwd

go to www.toyotacressida.com for a good site and forum

Comment

Yea, same motor as the non-turbo supra of those years. That means you can put in the 5-spd

Comment

Originally posted by S3AN
                  AHH!! IT BURNS!!
                  Oh god man...your sig is terrible. He's not Jesus!

Comment

Everyone needs a roll model.

Comment

According to the Electronic Parts Catalog, Cressida Wagons did have an optional 5spd (W58 transmission -- same used in the Mk2 and Mk3 NA). The block is a 7m, so any m-series manual transmission will bolt up, but you might need a custom driveshaft.

Additionally, if you wanted to convert an automatic cressida to manual, you would need to short the "neutral start safety switch" and re-wire the reverse lights. If you really wanted cruise control, you would have to do a little extra re-wiring.

But the short answer is YES, the cressida is RWD and some models did come with a 5spd

Comment

Working...
                      X