Car sick?!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Car sick?!

This dude I met and I went out and cruised up some mountain roads -- nothing hard, just spirited driving at 7/10ths (read: plenty of margin for safety). Anyway, he stopped after like 10 minutes cause he was getting carsick. I'd never heard of anyone getting carsick while driving -- is that even possible?

i think its possible...ive never been carsick while traveling or driving soo...i think it would be the same as how a passenger would get car sick cuz its the same thing except the guy is driving...but i donno

Comment

I get ill comin down the hill after a hard night of it Like when you go to magic mountain

Comment

Damn you crazy people in Japan, I guess this is when you freaks come out. What time is it there, almost 4 pm?

Comment

5:57pm

Comment

Originally posted by Weapon X
            Damn you crazy people in Japan, I guess this is when you freaks come out. What time is it there, almost 4 pm?
            dude you need to slap chas for me at like 6 my time so I can hear it ring.

Comment

Car sickness is nothing new or special. There are lots of people that get motion sickness, cars, boats, planes, whatever. Some people are more prone to it than others. It's basically caused because you get disoriented. What you see and what you feel are two different things and your body gets confused. For some reason, you feel sick when this happens. Tell your friend to stop staring at the side of the road all the time. That doesn't help. It also depends on how smooth your driving is as well. The smoother it is, the better the passengers will feel. If you have more abrupt changes and unexpected movements, this can cause disorientation. You can take pills to cure it. They have motion sickness medication if your friend would like. This would keep him from feeling queezy or throwing up in your car, lol.

Comment

Also there is something in that space between your ears and not the air eather. Its equlibryum, the fluid in there. As that sloshes aroud and give abrut changes in height this can cause the sickness as well. Planes are preaty smooth for the most part but untill the fluid catches up to speed your just bound to be prayin to the porcilin GODS.

Comment

It also helps to not eat or drink a lot while doing any heavy driving,especially if your friend has a weak stomach-the water swishes back and forth.

Comment

yea but the thing is, the guy was DRIVING, not riding

Comment

i Guess it just depends on the person..if a person gets motion sickness really easily than there probally gonna get sick..

i dno. never happened to me

Comment

hmm i never get car sick. i always almost fall asleep.

Comment

Even driving, you could feel sick. It's just the disorientation. Your friend is just a little prone to motion sickness I guess. Each person varies in how easy than can feel queezy. Some can't even ride in a car without being sick. Others can ride roller coasters all day and not feel a thing. It's dependent on the person. Certain movements may be more influencial. Boat sickness is common for example. For some reason, the waves and the rocking really get to people. It might just be the ride of the car, don't know. Usually, if you're in control, it's kind of tough to get sick. You know what's going to happen, lol.

Comment

I get sick on boats if I eat Durrito's (orange puke! wee!), and I get sick in cars if I try to read a book or magazine. Not sure why ... LOL!!

Comment

Originally posted by CrazyHawaiian
                              I get sick on boats if I eat Durrito's (orange puke! wee!), and I get sick in cars if I try to read a book or magazine. Not sure why ... LOL!!
                              it's because your peripheral (sp?) vision picks up the view of the side windows and while you're reading and see things whirring by while your eyes are focusing on the page. it can cause motion sickness, i know a few people who have this problem

Comment

Working...
                              X